Author Topic: Trump, Ivanka donated to Kamala Harris campaign in California  (Read 2237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Ivanka donated to Kamala Harris campaign in California
By Michael Burke - 03/04/19 01:20 PM EST

President Trump and his daughter, Ivanka Trump, each donated to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) when Harris was campaigning for California attorney general years ago, The Sacramento Bee reported Monday.

The newspaper reported that the president gave Harris $5,000 in 2011 and another $1,000 in 2013 and Ivanka Trump donated $2,000 in 2014.

Harris was elected as California's attorney general in 2010 and won reelection in 2014. She was elected to her first term in the Senate in 2016 and announced earlier this year that she will seek the presidency in 2020.

Harris's campaign did not return a request for comment from The Hill. The Trump campaign and the White House also didn't immediately return requests for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/432495-trump-ivanka-donated-to-kamala-harris-campaign-in-california
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump, Ivanka donated to Kamala Harris campaign in California
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:28:52 pm »
Yeah, one of the reasons I supported Ted Cruz in the primaries.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:34:58 pm »

I wouldn't support a Republican politician donating to a democrat candidate.  But we seem to have a difficult time remembering Donald Trump was a private global businessman before he won in 2016. 

Hell...when judging President Ronald Reagan I do so based on his goals and accomplishments while in the Oval Office, not while President of a union.   

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:43:34 pm »
   So as a business man running my own company from 2000-2016, I would be forgiven by the Trumpers had I donated to the Chamber of Commerce for all those years as the President donated to hrc's campaign when she was running against Rick Lazio, now it all makes sense.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:01:45 pm »
   So as a business man running my own company from 2000-2016, I would be forgiven by the Trumpers had I donated to the Chamber of Commerce for all those years as the President donated to hrc's campaign when she was running against Rick Lazio, now it all makes sense.  /s

I'm saying being a member of the private sector is light years away from being a member of a political party.  A businessman or woman ... any business man or woman ... always protects his or her perimeter.  That's just a part of life in the global fast lane.

I'm also saying it's time to judge this President on what he has and is trying to accomplish against all odds and not on what he did vis-à-vis political contributions before he entered politics in June 2015.  To do otherwise is counterproductive and adds to the headwinds against the POTUS.

On this, give the President a break  -- like voters gave to the Reagan formerly know as a democrat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:23:58 pm »
On this, give the President a break  -- like voters gave to the Reagan formerly know as a democrat.

Just stop. Reagan was a Democrat, then became a Republican, and was a two term governor and president as one. He wasn’t was a Republican, Independence Party, Democrat, Unaffiliated, then Republican, again.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 08:27:48 pm »
I wonder why The Hill is putting this out again and why now? 

Here's where it was posted when it first came out:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,210250.msg911232.html#msg911232

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 08:48:34 pm »
I wouldn't support a Republican politician donating to a democrat candidate.  But we seem to have a difficult time remembering Donald Trump was a private global businessman before he won in 2016. 

Hell...when judging President Ronald Reagan I do so based on his goals and accomplishments while in the Oval Office, not while President of a union.

I'm pretty happy with Trump as president. I understand why as a businessman he'd want to hedge his bets. But he and Ivanka gets raspberries from me for donating to batsh*t crazy leftists in the past.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:54:59 pm »
It was just youthful indiscretion. No one should be judged on their positions when they are only 60 years old.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 09:01:58 pm »
Quite frankly, we have more pressing problems then worrying about who our President donated money to years ago.  We know that the Trumps and Kushners traveled within a liberal 'circle'.  He was voted for anyways.  Time to move on and worry about the more pressing issues like the liberals trying at every turn to derail this presidency and sink this Republic!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 09:08:49 pm »
It was just youthful indiscretion. No one should be judged on their positions when they are only 60 years old.

As a New Yawk property developer, he was buttering his bread.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 09:19:54 pm »
   Which explains why he kept negotiating the Moscow Tower deal late into his campaign. 
   Personally, I agree with others here in that he never expected to win anyway, (I didn't think he would) so business as usual, Numeral Uno, not to be confused with Individual 1.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 11:43:53 am »
Seems as though he had a preference for people who were potentially involved in action against Trump University, at the time.

Several news outlets reported this week that Trump contributed $25,000 to a group supporting Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi in 2013 at the same time her office was considering joining a lawsuit against the now defunct Trump University by New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. According to the New York Times, Trump gave money to Schneiderman, then-Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and Harris, whose office also was investigating the for-profit real estate academy for defrauding students.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/08/trump-universitys-troubles-might-explain-the-donalds-donation-to-kamala-harris/

They were pretty lousy investments, considering he settled the case for $25M and shut the operation down.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:26:01 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 01:24:28 am »
He gave money to several Democrats.  Schumer, and I think Hillary too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 02:21:23 am »

Reagan was even proud to call himself a Democrat, if I recall correctly.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 02:44:42 am »
Sounds like this President Trump fella is part of the Establishment.  Clearly Ivanka Trump, assistant to the president, is part of the Deep State.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 02:57:51 am »
He gave money to several Democrats.  Schumer, and I think Hillary too.
You obviously have no comprehension of how a business operates, do you?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline the_doc

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 03:00:38 am »

Big companies often give huge sums to both candidates in a given race.  It's S.O.P.   

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 01:12:58 pm »
Big companies often give huge sums to both candidates in a given race.  It's S.O.P.
Yep, whoever is in power controls things, and to get permissions to operate, one must obey a contribution to those in power to 'gain audience'.

I saw a previous company I worked for who had to suck it up to Pelosi and give her some bread for the privilege of an audience with her.  I hate it, but one has no choice if one owns a business and wants to stay operating.

It really is not a choice one has.  For those who say otherwise, you have no business operating anything.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:41 pm »
Agreed...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 03:18:28 pm »

Well I will admit that I have no Business Degree.  But I understand that President Trump was a politician to further his own business.  He said he wasn't a politician but he was well versed in how to use the government to promote self.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 03:37:50 pm »
Well I will admit that I have no Business Degree.  But I understand that President Trump was a politician to further his own business.  He said he wasn't a politician but he was well versed in how to use the government to promote self.

During the campaign Donald Trump was very upfront about knowing the tensions between business and government....the quid-pro-quo.  It's the reason Trump didn't reach out to business for contributions.  He often said he didn't want to be their hostage.  And now he is not.

It doesn't take a business degree to understand government has such an upper hand, especially with regulations, that no business would succeed beyond a mom and pop shop if it ignored this fact.  Love it or hate it, this is a fact of life in business.

But, by all means let's debate this for the next three days and take every ridiculous opportunity to beat up the President.  After all, it's not like anyone else is doing it.    *****rollingeyes*****

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:46:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 06:18:28 pm »
a business does not need to be political, but does need politic support.  All businesses do.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 06:24:42 pm »
I wonder why The Hill is putting this out again and why now? 

Here's where it was posted when it first came out:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,210250.msg911232.html#msg911232

Right.
I knew about this long before the election.

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 12:26:52 am »
So it's OK that, as a businessman who is a conservative Republican at heart despite his history, Trump donates to Democrats because it's ultimately in his best interest, right? 

Does that same logic help explain why he campaigned on a wall we don't have, trumpeted a non-nuclear N Korea that's firing up missle bases again and bragging about our departure from Syria while "agreeing 100% with Democrats" that we should retain troops there? 

I'm trying to believe good things as it's pretty obvious that Trump is the pony we're going to ride into the next battle but I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what to believe.  It's as confusing as SJW wokeness.