Author Topic: Government’s spending addiction, trillion-dollar deficits, and debt ceiling crises (Leach)  (Read 510 times)

Offline corbe

Government’s spending addiction, trillion-dollar deficits, and debt ceiling crises

by David Leach • March 4, 2019

On the same day Trump was hugging the flag while receiving loud shouts of “hosanna” from the adoring worshipers in attendance at the revival services hosted by the National Church of Trump — aka CPAC — America was preparing to once again deal with the consequences of his and the GOP’s big-government spending.

On Saturday, the temporary extension of the national debt limit that Trump and the GOP included in the “bipartisan” budget act of 2018 expired. While the government can and will buy itself some time until sometime around September by using some creative bookkeeping — government calls that “extraordinary measures” — the countdown to America’s default on the national debt has begun once again.

The U.S. “comes shockingly close on a yearly basis to defaulting on it obligations,” says Shai Akabas, director of economic policy for the Bipartisan Policy Center. “But we keep choosing to roll the dice.”

The “dice” analogy is actually quite fitting when discussing Washington’s handling of the national debt. Just as gambling can become an out-of-control addiction, spending can become one as well. And as our $22 trillion deficit proves, Washington is a case study for what a spending addiction looks like.

<..snip..>

https://www.stridentconservative.com/governments-spending-addiction-trillion-dollar-deficits-and-debt-ceiling-crises/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online LMAO

So can anybody direct me to the nearest TEA Party protests over this?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To blame Washington for this mess completely lets off the hook the countless entitled masses who continue to demand their cut ("I paid into that Social Security dammit!") and have no clue how it actually works ("If Congress hadn't stolen from the Social Security Trust Fund, we'd all be fine!").
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To blame Washington for this mess completely lets off the hook the countless entitled masses who continue to demand their cut ("I paid into that Social Security dammit!") and have no clue how it actually works ("If Congress hadn't stolen from the Social Security Trust Fund, we'd all be fine!").

That's an interesting take on this, @jmyrlefuller.

Online LMAO

And politicians are caught in the middle of all that so they put off the inevitable. But you also have those politicians promising "free" college, "free" healthcare, ect ect
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy