Author Topic: Sanders proposes deep cuts to military funding at campaign launch  (Read 535 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders proposes deep cuts to military funding at campaign launch
by Daniel Jativa
 | March 02, 2019 02:25 PM

Sen. Bernie Sanders, proposed deep cuts to military spending in in favor of ambitious government programs at his campaign launch Saturday.

In front of an open crowd and freezing weather in Brooklyn, N.Y., the independent-turned-Democratic-presidential-hopeful held his first rally of the campaign, where he laid out a broad road map to what a Sanders presidency would look like. Included in the plan is scaling down the Pentagon's budget.

"Today, we say to the military-industrial-complex that we will not continue to spend $700 billion a year on the military — more than the next 10 nations combined," the White House hopeful told the crowd. "We're going to invest in affordable housing, we're going to invest in public education, we're going to invest in rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure — not more nuclear weapons and never-ending wars."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/sanders-proposes-deep-cuts-to-military-funding-at-campaign-launch
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Sanders proposes deep cuts to military funding at campaign launch
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:14:10 pm »
On to Chicago:
CWBChicago @CWBChicago

Little bird says @BernieSanders insisted that all uniformed @CHICAGO_POLICE officers be stationed out of the range of cameras at his rally today. City should've left those officers in the neighborhoods. Call if ya need anything, Bern.
11:03 PM - 3 Mar 2019
Protected by cops - with guns - but don't let anyone know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 04:06:53 pm »
So standard democrat plan?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 05:51:16 pm »
Even if Bernie Sanders were  to cut all military spending it with still not come close to what he would love to spend on other programs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 01:58:01 am »
All the 'investing' Bernie wants to do isn't gong to mean squat if we are attacked and can't defend ourselves.  Crazy Bernie.  I was hoping he was going to retire.  Isn't this like the 10th time he's ran?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.