Author Topic: Wheels turning on infrastructure bill in rare moment of Trump-Democratic cooperation  (Read 3105 times)

Online corbe

Wheels turning on infrastructure bill in rare moment of Trump-Democratic cooperation

by Emily Ward

March 01, 2019 04:49 PM

President Trump and members of Congress on both sides of the aisle appear willing to start working together on a bipartisan infrastructure bill, which could be considered by House committees as early as May.

Trump made infrastructure a top priority during his 2016 campaign and most recently mentioned the issue during his State of the Union address. Amid partisan battling and congressional investigations of the president, an infrastructure bill, though a heavy lift, is one of the few pieces of legislation that might actually pass Congress and be signed by the president this year — or even next.

This week, in a rare display of cooperation between top Trump aides and a House Democrat, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and senior presidential adviser Ivanka Trump met with Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means, to talk about infrastructure.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/wheels-turning-on-infrastructure-bill-in-rare-moment-of-trump-democratic-cooperation
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Ugh.  If the dems are cooperating, we're screwed.

Online libertybele

Ugh.  If the dems are cooperating, we're screwed.

Agreed. Just a though here, and I can see the eyes rolling ... but the border isn't secured.  The DEMS refuse to give Trump $$.  The declaration is being challenged and a red flag in all of this IMHO, is that Trump waited till the last minute to push for a wall....now they somehow are all coming together (DEMS refused prior) to work on infrastructure.  North American Union sound familiar anyone?  Infrastructure connecting, Mexico the USA and Canada.  Also, it's never been revealed as to how NAFTA has been re-negotiated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Well, there goes another trillion or two... Not that anybody's counting...

more winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online libertybele

Well, if the intent is to truly only repair infrastructure in the U.S., then the potential for more jobs is overwhelming which could potentially boom the economy significantly and over time the money spent on infrastructure would be put back into the economy. However, according to a jobs report in June of last year, there are now more jobs than there are workers.  So who is going to fill those jobs??  Any guesses??

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/news/economy/job-openings-unemployed-workers/index.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

Of course.  Everyone like to spend SEM.

Offline Victoria33

@roamer_1

Did you read this?  "...and senior presidential adviser Ivanka Trump met with Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means, to talk about infrastructure."

Why on earth is Ivanka included in infrastructure??  Is she going to make roads beautiful and have a "family gathering place with free childcare" every ten miles on the side of the road?  Why are we paying this woman money???  This is disgusting and I mean disgusting.

Online roamer_1

Well, if the intent is to truly only repair infrastructure in the U.S., then the potential for more jobs is overwhelming which could potentially boom the economy significantly and over time the money spent on infrastructure would be put back into the economy. However, according to a jobs report in June of last year, there are now more jobs than there are workers.  So who is going to fill those jobs??  Any guesses??

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/news/economy/job-openings-unemployed-workers/index.html

NOPE. We don't have the money. Period.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Did you read this?  "...and senior presidential adviser Ivanka Trump met with Rep. Richard Neal, D-Mass., chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means, to talk about infrastructure."

Why on earth is Ivanka included in infrastructure??  Is she going to make roads beautiful and have a "family gathering place with free childcare" every ten miles on the side of the road?  Why are we paying this woman money???  This is disgusting and I mean disgusting.

It's a family affair...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
NOPE. We don't have the money. Period.

I agree.  We don't.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
@roamer_1

Come on now, Ivanka knows all about infrastructure.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Damn straight.  Trump is not a fiscal conservative.   Yes, we are screwed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

Sooner or later we have to repair infrastructure, and it isn't cheap. Yeah it'll add to the debt, but it'll also create a bunch of blue collar work for a while, which will help everyday Americans.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Refusing to fund infrastructure repair is like refusing to pay to get work done on your car. It's not exactly a cost you can put off forever, and it tends to get worse the longer you wait.
-Socrates

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Come on now, Ivanka knows all about infrastructure.

I understand 5 grip boys were injured in a stampede when volunteers were asked for "oiling" down the subject.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Sooner or later we have to repair infrastructure, and it isn't cheap. Yeah it'll add to the debt, but it'll also create a bunch of blue collar work for a while, which will help everyday Americans.

Tell 'em Bernie.

Offline Dexter

Tell 'em Bernie.

This isn't an optional expense. We have to repair our infrastructure from time to time, and it gets more and more expensive the longer we wait.
-Socrates

Online roamer_1

Not true. Had infrastructure money actually been SPENT ON INFRASTRUCTURE in the past, we would have little to repair.

We do not have the money. We are putting our great grandchildren in deb already.
First, stop the bleeding.

Offline skeeter

No he's clearly not.

I hope he's not expecting to gin up some cooperation among those in the rat party on other issues this way. They'll just eat his lunch.

Surely he knows this by now.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
This isn't an optional expense. We have to repair our infrastructure from time to time, and it gets more and more expensive the longer we wait.

Let me give you some advise junior.  Anything the federal government gets its fingers into can expect to have  90% of the funds wasted.   

Leave the infrastructure repairs to the state and local governement where it belongs.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Not true. Had infrastructure money actually been SPENT ON INFRASTRUCTURE in the past, we would have little to repair.

We do not have the money. We are putting our great grandchildren in deb already.
First, stop the bleeding.

And is there any provision to assure the infrastructure jobs are not going to illegal immigrants?

https://cis.org/Cadman/15-Trillion-Infrastructure-Plan-and-Not-One-Word-About-Hire-American
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

Ivanka and the dems plan smell a lot like a sequel to this:  American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

And is there any provision to assure the infrastructure jobs are not going to illegal immigrants?

https://cis.org/Cadman/15-Trillion-Infrastructure-Plan-and-Not-One-Word-About-Hire-American

I would say that it's more than likely that jobs could go to illegals considering that there are now more jobs then there are people to fill them.  I find it highly coincidental (and I've feared this about Trump for quite awhile) that Trump never pushed for the border wall until after the DEMS won the House in the mid terms.  The smoke and mirrors show began with the DEMS refusing to give him money, as a result he signs a terrible bill that goes against what he promised and also allows states to opt out of a barrier, all the while the borders remain open and now there's talk of redoing our infrastructure.

So, not only will that require laborers but contractors.  Who is going to profit the most? My guess would be Trump and his cronies that will more than likely own the companies the bid on the contracts.  My second guess is that with the borders remaining open and Trump's new negotiations for NAFTA, that we will see infrastructure joining Mexico, the U.S. and Canada.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No he's clearly not.

I hope he's not expecting to gin up some cooperation among those in the rat party on other issues this way. They'll just eat his lunch.

Surely he knows this by now.

This isn't something to gin up cooperation.  The President's been talking about this since the 2016 campaign.  He's long said our infrastructure is crumbling ... pointing to roads, bridges, airports.  He's also long said we're going to rebuild using American labor and American steel.

Online libertybele

This isn't something to gin up cooperation.  The President's been talking about this since the 2016 campaign.  He's long said our infrastructure is crumbling ... pointing to roads, bridges, airports.  He's also long said we're going to rebuild using American labor and American steel.

We shall soon find how this pans out.  When he took Giuliani in to assist him, red flags came up as the potential for a North American Union came to mind.  According to stats there aren't enough people to fill the job openings ...so where are 'they' going to get their labor force to rebuild?? 

I have never doubted Pres. Trump's ability to get this economy moving and rebuilding this country, but I also stated that we may not like how he does it.