Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Sides with Dictator Maduro, not Venezuelan People  (Read 531 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bernie Sanders Sides with Dictator Maduro, not Venezuelan People
By David Unsworth

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders refuses to deem Maduro a dictator, and will not recognize Juan Guaido as the legitimate leader of Venezuela.

Last updated Feb 25, 2019

Venezuela is on track to shed 6 million people by the end of this year. What other nation in modern history has lost 20% of its population…in a time of peace, no less? Yet, we continue to hear from some elements of the American Left, and from some in the international community, that this is hardly a crisis.

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, a leading contender for the presidency in 2020, has refused to recognize Nicolas Maduro as a dictator, or support the interim presidency of Juan Guaido.

Fellow Democrat Donna Shalala, who represents a Miami-area Congressional district, was quick to call out her colleague. Arguing that Sanders will not eventually be the nominee of the Democratic Party, Shalala stated that, “He has demonstrated again that he does not understand this situation.”

Read more at: https://panampost.com/david-unsworth/2019/02/25/bernie-sanders-sides-with-dictator-maduro-not-venezuelan-people/

See that, Venez. is on the way to losing 6 million refugees total since this mess began some years ago, that's over 10% of the population, 1st paragraph.  20% according to this article actually.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Bernie Sanders Sides with Dictator Maduro, not Venezuelan People
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 04:34:22 am »
When you've lost Donna Shalala, I'm gonna say you may have jumped the shark.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:37:34 am »

I haven't been down to the Miami area in the last few years, but in my experience there's a huge amount of support for the Venezuelan (and of course Cuban) population down there.  She's probably just sucking up.

Some days I really think we need to open up the flood gates to Venezuelan/Cuban refugees, at least enough to offset the aholes from NYC, and turn FL solid red.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 10:21:21 am »

Donna Shalala is a Clinton political hack.

There's a reason AOC is allowed to run amok.    Hillary going to enter the race under the guise of appearing as a 'Centrist'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald