Author Topic: Scoop: A new conservative media company  (Read 1185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scoop: A new conservative media company
« on: February 28, 2019, 03:14:32 pm »
Mike Allen3 hours ago
Scoop: A new conservative media company

Jonah Goldberg is leaving National Review in the coming months to start a new conservative media company with Steve Hayes, who was editor-in-chief of The Weekly Standard when its owner shut it down in December.

Details: Goldberg and Hayes tell me they plan a reporting-driven, Trump-skeptical company that will begin with newsletters as soon as this summer, then add a website in September, and perhaps ultimately a print magazine.

Hayes, the likely CEO, and Goldberg, likely the editor-in-chief, are the founders.
    Hayes tells me about the startup, which doesn’t have a name now: "We believe there’s a great appetite on the center-right for an independent conservative media company that resists partisan boosterism and combines a focus on old-school reporting with interesting and provocative commentary and analysis."

Hayes and Goldberg are seeking investors.

Goldberg joined National Review in 1998 and was the founding editor of National Review Online. He'll continue as a fellow for the National Review Institute.

https://www.axios.com/jonah-goldberg-steve-hayes-conservative-media-company-f7400961-e2ce-4ef1-908f-85a96ca665a9.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Scoop: A new conservative media company
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 03:51:00 pm »
The Appetite for "Conservative" sites against Trump is no brighter a buy in today than Bit Coin.

Anyone who ponies up deserves to lose every cent of it.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:53:04 pm »
Goldberg & Hayes? Don't make me laugh. They're damaged goods.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:59:00 pm »
Bill Kristol is still looking for his next job.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 07:52:57 pm »
Bill Kristol is still looking for his next job.

I think that moron from Utah is available as well...and they can bring Shepard Smith and all the other RINO's along for the ride.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 08:36:15 pm »
Goldberg & Hayes? Don't make me laugh. They're damaged goods.

Completely compromised IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 08:39:30 pm »
    Hayes tells me about the startup, which doesn’t have a name now: "We believe there’s a great appetite on the center-right for an independent conservative media company that resists partisan boosterism and combines a focus on old-school reporting with interesting and provocative commentary and analysis."

Center-right is not Conservative, it is Moderate.
Flag on the play: Contradiction in terms.
Disqualified.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 08:51:30 pm »
Neither Hayes nor Goldberg are or have ever been Conservatives.
Both are neo-con con hustlers needy of attention.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 08:53:08 pm by Absalom »

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:08:53 pm »
So basically you trade Kristol for Goldberg - how does that make this any likelier to survive than Weekly Standard?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:32:38 am »
It won't survive.  The Weekly Standard went the route of the dinosaurs, no pun intended.  And Bill Kristol is a major tool.  Music to my ears his publication is gone. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 01:21:53 pm »
I look forward to supporting this endeavor.   My fear is that it ultimately weakens National Review.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 07:44:29 pm »
I look forward to supporting this endeavor.   My fear is that it ultimately weakens National Review.
----------------------------------
The essence of Bill Buckley's NR's, disappeared w/his passing and the entry of Goober Lowery.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 08:10:15 pm »
Funny how so-called conservatives lament the left-wing slant of most media outlets, but won’t do much of anything to support media outlets that aren’t left-wing.  If non-leftists have forfeited any interest in supporting media outlets, how can it come as any surprise that the leftists have taken the media over?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 08:31:43 pm »
Funny how so-called conservatives lament the left-wing slant of most media outlets, but won’t do much of anything to support media outlets that aren’t left-wing.  If non-leftists have forfeited any interest in supporting media outlets, how can it come as any surprise that the leftists have taken the media over?

Because 'moderate' is nearly as bad as left wing in that it is so very mauve that it stands for nothing at all. *SPIT*

And why would you suppose Conservatives would support anything simply on the grounds that it is not liberal?

Conservatives support Conservatism. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 08:33:23 pm »
Because 'moderate' is nearly as bad as left wing in that it is so very mauve that it stands for nothing at all. *SPIT*

And why would you suppose Conservatives would support anything simply on the grounds that it is not liberal?

Conservatives support Conservatism. 

Which is exactly why the leftists fully control the media.  Through abdication as much as through effort. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 08:34:53 pm »
Which is exactly why the leftists fully control the media.  Through abdication as much as through effort.

And also why media is teetering and about to come crashing down in a heap.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 08:37:23 pm »
And also why media is teetering and about to come crashing down in a heap.

Really?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 09:05:42 pm »
Really?

Yeah, really. Big print is on it's lips. Big music is on it's lips. Cable is losing subscribers in droves, redoubling just about quarterly... People have already rejected MSM. And for all of Goggle, Farcebook and snapshat, 'they' are a long, long way from putting it back to where they have control over the message like they did in the past.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 02:57:08 am »
The news industry is suffering from their own incompetence, and the bias they wear proudly.  No one trusts what any of them have to say.

The Post and Courier, the paper in Charleston, SC use to be a conservative newspaper, and now people I know in Charleston categorize it as a "liberal rag".  Never thought I would see the day.  Their circulation has dropped to less than half in ten years or so.  No mystery there.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 02:58:09 am »
Yeah, really. Big print is on it's lips. Big music is on it's lips. Cable is losing subscribers in droves, redoubling just about quarterly... People have already rejected MSM. And for all of Goggle, Farcebook and snapshat, 'they' are a long, long way from putting it back to where they have control over the message like they did in the past.

Wishful thinking. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 03:16:24 am »
Wishful thinking.

Nope. I have the option to go find news where I want. That is not the case before. Heck I don't even have ANY corporate big media feed of any kind, except for netflix, unless you count Youtube - which I would not count, as the stuff I watch there is certainly not big media.

And that will not change. I will not go back on the reservation, and neither will millions of others, to include the entire millennial generation. They have lost their grip.