Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29564 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2019, 08:20:22 pm »
I see that a lot.  I see a lot of complaints about "uneven moderation" too, whatever that means.

Playing favorites.  I’ve never seen it happen, tbh.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline musiclady

« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2019, 08:26:57 pm »
Playing favorites.  I’ve never seen it happen, tbh.

It doesn't happen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2019, 08:36:13 pm »
It doesn't happen.

I just had somebody on another thread accuse me of being a mean/abusive Admin because I disagreed with him about something.  That's OK, I didn't care. 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2019, 08:36:53 pm »
Would that be intelligent and discerning "kool-aid"?

Or your "I love a politician no matter what" kind?  happy77

Seems to me that, according to your insult, "kool-aid" comes in a variety of flavors.

Mine encourages freedom of thought and fair-minded critiques of character, and a healthy dose of humor........

Thus, the  :beer: to Sanguine, whose comment was very funny.

(btw, next time you decide to insult and accuse me @Sighlass, have the courage to do it directly.  KAY??  You're better than this).

Why you have been buzzing the thread for days doing your pop-in and out "yeah" posts. I decided to draw you out (easy enough to do). @musiclady

As far as Sanguine's comment being funny, well I guess that is subjective to just how much you despair Roy Moore? Even if someone wholeheartedly hated Moore, I didn't see the comment as funny and for once even @LegalAmerican seemed rational in comparison.

It boils down to any of the distractors is yall can not provide a shred of evidence to the guilt of Roy Moore, and you don't care. Your lastest posts claim Roy just should of shown them folks he was not guilty so he must be guilty. Now it has been proven that most his condemners are nuts in the ninth degree, you have your pride to protect. Pride I understand, it has been a stumble stone I too (and most of us at TBR) deal with. Pride was the tool I used to pull you out of the shadows on this subject (and after being sore at me for pointing this out we can at least discuss the matter in the open, which I see you are already doing).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Bill Cipher

« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2019, 08:38:44 pm »
I just had somebody on another thread accuse me of being a mean/abusive Admin because I disagreed with him about something.  That's OK, I didn't care. 333cleo

Gee, po’ widdle you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #530 on: March 10, 2019, 08:40:23 pm »
Why you have been buzzing the thread for days doing your pop-in and out "yeah" posts. I decided to draw you out (easy enough to do). @musiclady

As far as Sanguine's comment being funny, well I guess that is subjective to just how much you despair Roy Moore? Even if someone wholeheartedly hated Moore, I didn't see the comment as funny and for once even @LegalAmerican seemed rational in comparison.

It boils down to any of the distractors is yall can not provide a shred of evidence to the guilt of Roy Moore, and you don't care. Your lastest posts claim Roy just should of shown them folks he was not guilty so he must be guilty. Now it has been proven that most his condemners are nuts in the ninth degree, you have your pride to protect. Pride I understand, it has been a stumble stone I too (and most of us at TBR) deal with. Pride was the tool I used to pull you out of the shadows on this subject (and after being sore at me for pointing this out we can at least discuss the matter in the open, which I see you are already doing).

I'm willing to wait and see what you decide, assuming Moore does run.  I have an opinion, sure, but only the voters of Alabama have the final say.  Choose wisely, as I know you will.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2019, 09:49:17 pm »

You decided to draw me out?? ROFLOL! What a joke!!  :silly:

I'm not the enemy because I see Roy Moore differently than you do, so all this tripe you just posted is meaningless.

You insulted me without the courtesy of posting directly to me.

You know I am a consistent conservative.  You know I am honest and fair.  You know that I ask others to treat women with respect.  You know that I don't mince words, and that I deal with others directly.

I expect the same of the men I respect, and you are one of them.

Your only blind spot seems to be abject hatred of anyone who looks at Roy Moore and doesn't see a god who has been maligned unfairly, and that anyone who says a negative word about him is somehow under Marxist influence and a fool.

All I will say is that you, and a couple of others, are wrong.

Conservatism isn't about blind loyalty.  It's about discernment and principles, including moral principles.

That's where I am, and other than your Moore-blindness, so are you.

@Sighlass - next time you want to make absurd accusations about me, at least be decent enough to do it to my face.  You're not a coward.  Don't act like one.

And if you want to look at me as the enemy because I don't share your love for Moore, just put me on ignore, or scroll by my posts.
ca
If you want to have honest dialogue, I'm up for it.  But cut the crap.

Edited to add:  I'm not coming back to this thread for anything, or anyone, but I just have to say that I've spent the last week out of state, visiting with family and friends, going to concerts and shoveling snow, and the idea that I've been lurking on this thread just to cause trouble and that I need to be called out for it STILL has me laughing.

Some people........ and you know who you are.......... need to get a proverbial life and let the rest of us think for ourselves.

:seeya:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:37:29 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #532 on: March 11, 2019, 12:04:58 am »
You decided to draw me out?? ROFLOL! What a joke!!  :silly:

I'm not the enemy because I see Roy Moore differently than you do, so all this tripe you just posted is meaningless.

You insulted me without the courtesy of posting directly to me.

You know I am a consistent conservative.  You know I am honest and fair.  You know that I ask others to treat women with respect.  You know that I don't mince words, and that I deal with others directly.

I expect the same of the men I respect, and you are one of them.

Your only blind spot seems to be abject hatred of anyone who looks at Roy Moore and doesn't see a god who has been maligned unfairly, and that anyone who says a negative word about him is somehow under Marxist influence and a fool.

All I will say is that you, and a couple of others, are wrong.

Conservatism isn't about blind loyalty.  It's about discernment and principles, including moral principles.

That's where I am, and other than your Moore-blindness, so are you.

@Sighlass - next time you want to make absurd accusations about me, at least be decent enough to do it to my face.  You're not a coward.  Don't act like one.

And if you want to look at me as the enemy because I don't share your love for Moore, just put me on ignore, or scroll by my posts.

If you want to have honest dialogue, I'm up for it.  But cut the crap.
M'am, with all due respect, I don't see a God in Roy Moore.
But I do see someone who has had serious allegations made about him using 'evidence' that simply does not stand up to scrutiny, and 40 years after the alleged activities were to have taken place. Those people had ample other opportunities to make these allegations, even as electoral fodder, but did not. Only when the question came of this man vying for a Senate seat in the US Senate did they surface.
Timing. Aside from the above, the 11th hour "October surprise" timing was indeed done to hurt Judge Moore at the polls. Media Bias: The supposedly autographed yearbook was actually written in three colors of ink. Something you would not know from viewing the images posted by most media outlets. The initials "D.A." after the signature were the initials of an assistant who signed documents for the Judge, and included the initials to indicate it was she who signed for him. They didn't have squat to do with his office. THere are at least two different line angles in the writing in the yearbook, possibly three, which indicate that the book or hand were moved between writing those lines.
IOW, that "evidence" is highly suspect of being a forgery, or at least doctored. But the presentation of the writing in the media is monochromatic (black), and not even a true representation of what was written there.
In addition, lest we forget, Judge Moore is seen as hostile to the GLBTQ crowd because he would not defy the Constitution of the State of Alabama to order judges to issue marriage licenses to homosexual couples. His job at the time, his oath of office required him to uphold that State Constitution, and not the rulings of a District Court Judge who had issued him no memo or order anyway. Doug Jones' son is gay. 'nuff said.
The Democrats desperately wanted that seat. They even had out of State money fund social media campaigns against Judge Moore.
As for Moore's reaction, how would you react if suddenly (out of the Blue) you were accused, very publicly of being a child molester, in the MSM, social media, etc., and blitzed with this material? Even the GOP (e) couldn't distance themselves from the man fast enough, dropping any support within three days, and publicly announcing such, further hurting his chance at the polls. Suddenly deserted, accused of long ago vile wrongdoings by people you may not even recall? You'd be gobsmacked, especially if you were innocent of those allegations.

Now, if you are a fan of ignoring the bias inherent in these dirty smear tactics, that is your prerogative. If you are a fan of Trial by Facebook, go for it. If you are willing to let the Democrats and the MSM call the shots, have at.

If, however, you believe in the principle of Innocent until Proven Guilty, especially in a case where the past behaviour of the candidate does not belie any preclusion toward pedophilia, then at least take time to examine the so-called evidence, the refuted allegations of 'mall crawling' and eviction therefrom--a total fabrication--that just did not happen, and other allegations of misconduct that a new District Attorney's office holder (at the time alleged) would be particularly cognizant of as something to even avoid the appearance of, then you would not ever rush to judgement of Judge Moore. Some are overwhelmed by a sense of self-importance when they take office, others feel the full force of the mantle of responsibility they have take up. I believe Judge Moore to be one of the latter.

As subsequent disclosures have shown, Judge Moore was the victim of a substantial and malicious smear campaign, particularly targeted at evangelical voters. He was wronged, not just by those who accused him, but by the media who reveled in the smears, and the members of his own Party who couldn't ditch him fast enough.

Those who rushed to judgement in this know who they are, and know more of their rationale than I, but I would remind them that there is such a thing as the presumption of innocence, especially with allegations made by people intimately connected to opposition forces at the 11th hour of an election campaign.

YMMV, for now it is still a free country.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #533 on: March 11, 2019, 12:17:36 am »
I'm willing to wait and see what you decide, assuming Moore does run.  I have an opinion, sure, but only the voters of Alabama have the final say.  Choose wisely, as I know you will.

I noticed that the old Governor (Robert Bentley) that was thrown out for spending state money (or was it campaign money) for wooing his liberal girlfriend behind his wife's back is rumored to be looking to run for office. It will be interesting to see if that is possible because part of his plea deal to avoid jail time was not to seek office (and even associate with those in office). The loophole he might try to exploit is this is a federal office not a local state office. Might be a tough sell though... but the good ole boys locally in the GOP might just fall for it.

Robert was the one that placed the temp Senator in office under the condition that he not prosecute him for his misdeeds.

@musiclady Thanks for the reply... Brother just called and invited me and family to dinner so I will try to give a response when I get back. Plus a good digestion of a post is always nice before replying. I am not as quick of wit as some so the time will do me good.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 12:26:28 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2019, 12:31:42 am »
Yep...it’s time again:

So, have y’all considered that God really wanted the Confederacy to win?

Oh and I really think the 9mm is a superior cartridge to the .45 ACP
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #535 on: March 11, 2019, 12:34:23 am »
Yep...it’s time again:

Yep. I considered it..
The 9mm is, if the .45 is home in the safe.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2019, 12:41:25 am »
@Smokin Joe  - please see the edit to my post above.

After this post, I'm not coming back to this thread for ANY reason............ not even to respond to whatever it is you said (which I didn't read).

You boys have fun, y'hear?  :seeya:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2019, 12:45:12 am »
@Smokin Joe  - please see the edit to my post above.

After this post, I'm not coming back to this thread for ANY reason............ not even to respond to whatever it is you said (which I didn't read).

You boys have fun, y'hear?  :seeya:
Well, m'am, If you didn't read what I said, kindly do me the courtesy of not bothering to respond, either. Thank You.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2019, 01:07:29 am »

@Sighlass  :tongue2:

Now, see there, you let your personal feeling get in the way of reading what I was saying.  As I've said before, I don't have a strong opinion on Roy Moore.  I don't have enough information to say he's a good guy or he's not.  I've never slammed Moore and don't intend to start now.  I do think the Moore issue takes up all the oxygen and another run on his part is likely to fail again. 

I was merely commenting on the strange decision on @LegalAmerican's part to bring islam into this discussion.  I still think it was odd at best. 

Online corbe

« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:03 am »
   Unlike Me, I don't think G_d bought into that States Rights thingee and wasn't on our side, hence, We Lost. 
   Maybe next time without the Slavery thing and an Industrial base that rivals the North, we'll be Victorious.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:51 am »

@Sighlass

So who were the TBR members who celebrated Doug Jones' win?  You never did get back to me on that.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2019, 01:35:21 am »

@Smokin Joe

Those who rushed to judgement in this know who they are

Well, I know you aren't talking about me, because as I've stated about three hundred times by now, including on this thread, I waited to form my opinion.  And I'm quite optimistic that the 300th time finally sunk in.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2019, 01:35:54 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Not caring is freedom.

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2019, 01:37:27 am »
Yep...it’s time again:

@Axeslinger

I love you, Axe, but considering we were fighting for slavery (at least in part according to some, and more according to others) I doubt it. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2019, 02:35:51 am »
@Smokin Joe

Well, I know you aren't talking about me, because as I've stated about three hundred times by now, including on this thread, I waited to form my opinion.  And I'm quite optimistic that the 300th time finally sunk in.
Say what you want, but the ink wasn't dry on the headlines before you were damning the man right here in this forum. Just like the accusations against Moore, repetition does not make them any more true.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2019, 02:49:46 am »
M'am, with all due respect, I don't see a God in Roy Moore.
But I do see someone who has had serious allegations made about him using 'evidence' that simply does not stand up to scrutiny, and 40 years after the alleged activities were to have taken place. Those people had ample other opportunities to make these allegations, even as electoral fodder, but did not. Only when the question came of this man vying for a Senate seat in the US Senate did they surface.
Timing. Aside from the above, the 11th hour "October surprise" timing was indeed done to hurt Judge Moore at the polls. Media Bias: The supposedly autographed yearbook was actually written in three colors of ink. Something you would not know from viewing the images posted by most media outlets. The initials "D.A." after the signature were the initials of an assistant who signed documents for the Judge, and included the initials to indicate it was she who signed for him. They didn't have squat to do with his office. THere are at least two different line angles in the writing in the yearbook, possibly three, which indicate that the book or hand were moved between writing those lines.
IOW, that "evidence" is highly suspect of being a forgery, or at least doctored. But the presentation of the writing in the media is monochromatic (black), and not even a true representation of what was written there.
In addition, lest we forget, Judge Moore is seen as hostile to the GLBTQ crowd because he would not defy the Constitution of the State of Alabama to order judges to issue marriage licenses to homosexual couples. His job at the time, his oath of office required him to uphold that State Constitution, and not the rulings of a District Court Judge who had issued him no memo or order anyway. Doug Jones' son is gay. 'nuff said.
The Democrats desperately wanted that seat. They even had out of State money fund social media campaigns against Judge Moore.
As for Moore's reaction, how would you react if suddenly (out of the Blue) you were accused, very publicly of being a child molester, in the MSM, social media, etc., and blitzed with this material? Even the GOP (e) couldn't distance themselves from the man fast enough, dropping any support within three days, and publicly announcing such, further hurting his chance at the polls. Suddenly deserted, accused of long ago vile wrongdoings by people you may not even recall? You'd be gobsmacked, especially if you were innocent of those allegations.

Now, if you are a fan of ignoring the bias inherent in these dirty smear tactics, that is your prerogative. If you are a fan of Trial by Facebook, go for it. If you are willing to let the Democrats and the MSM call the shots, have at.

If, however, you believe in the principle of Innocent until Proven Guilty, especially in a case where the past behaviour of the candidate does not belie any preclusion toward pedophilia, then at least take time to examine the so-called evidence, the refuted allegations of 'mall crawling' and eviction therefrom--a total fabrication--that just did not happen, and other allegations of misconduct that a new District Attorney's office holder (at the time alleged) would be particularly cognizant of as something to even avoid the appearance of, then you would not ever rush to judgement of Judge Moore. Some are overwhelmed by a sense of self-importance when they take office, others feel the full force of the mantle of responsibility they have take up. I believe Judge Moore to be one of the latter.

As subsequent disclosures have shown, Judge Moore was the victim of a substantial and malicious smear campaign, particularly targeted at evangelical voters. He was wronged, not just by those who accused him, but by the media who reveled in the smears, and the members of his own Party who couldn't ditch him fast enough.

Those who rushed to judgement in this know who they are, and know more of their rationale than I, but I would remind them that there is such a thing as the presumption of innocence, especially with allegations made by people intimately connected to opposition forces at the 11th hour of an election campaign.

YMMV, for now it is still a free country.

............. :thumbsup:

Well done. I resent the wording of the article too.  'NIGHTMARE'...no set up, to bad mouth Roy.  SARCASM.

People don't know truth anymore.  I loathe virtue signaling.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2019, 02:58:12 am »
Say what you want, but the ink wasn't dry on the headlines before you were damning the man right here in this forum. Just like the accusations against Moore, repetition does not make them any more true.

@Smokin Joe

Bullshit.  Quit lying, Joe.  It makes you look as though you’ll stoop to any level to defend that creep.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2019, 02:59:11 am »
@Sighlass

So who were the TBR members who celebrated Doug Jones' win?  You never did get back to me on that.

You mean those that gloated on the Election page for example? People can read the thread for themselves... Actually I encourage this... those that ran Moore down constantly had their say... and just kept piling on... One person even said the election outcome was "an answer to prayer"...

Here is a link... @musiclady @QueenCatofAragon @Frank Cannon

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,294631.200.html

And even after the election they kept saying the same lies over and over...

This one bugged me so much I even made a YouTube video to prove it was a lie...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I even transcribed the words Moore said...

QUOTE: I think we've been striving for that greatness all the way through. I think you're right about that. And I think it was great in the minds of those who formed the Declaration, though they were not perfect people. They had problems. Those problems have been corrected by — unfortunately war — by constitutional amendment.

We've had to — we've corrected a lot of our problems. I think it was great at a time when families were united, even though we had slavery, they cared for one another. People were strong in the families. Our families were strong, our country had a direction, and we corrected many of the problems.

Today, I see our families divided, I see people in prison, young men, and women, that have a life ahead of them that have not been led and nurtured in the families like they used to be. And I know, I’m talking to you because you, like me, you’re an age when you remember when families used to care, when fathers used to care, when mothers used to care, and children used to care and weren’t disrespectful.

The greatness I see was in our culture, not in all our policies, there were problems — we had slavery, we’ve overcome slavery, we had prejudice, we still have prejudice. But we’ve turned the tide on civil rights, we’ve done a lot of things to bring this country around, and I think we can still make it better... END QUOTE FROM ROY MOORE
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:32:32 am by Sighlass »

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2019, 03:23:26 am »
@Smokin Joe

Bullshit.  Quit lying, Joe.  It makes you look as though you’ll stoop to any level to defend that creep.

Twice already I have seen you @QueenCatofAragon and @musiclady suggest some of us (I was named) as worshiping Moore... Odd cause I remember protesting both his association with Steve Bannon and Trump during the election...  I said there was no need for Moore to even be around them...I also pointed out Moore's son was a thorn at times because he was bad to do stupid things (like a spoiled brat)... Just as @Smokin Joe does, we give our opinion good or bad when called for. There is no worship of Moore anymore than any other person.

Get a new line of argument... cause that one don't float. Never did.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 03:27:15 am by Sighlass »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2019, 03:30:52 am »

« Reply #546 on: Today at 10:58:12 PM »

Quote from: Smokin Joe on Today at 10:35:51 PM

@Smokin Joe  FROM CATE OF ARAGON

---------------------------------------------------------
I AM BITING MY LIP. Normally I ignore silly comments.  IS CATE...JOKING?  Says "Joe is lying", than calls Moore a CREEP.  lol