Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29567 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #500 on: March 10, 2019, 12:21:51 am »

As the story goes.....

An old-time sheriff was at a banquet. A woman approached him and said, "I see you're carrying your sidearm, Sheriff. Are you expecting trouble?" The sheriff replied, "No, Ma'am. If I was expecting trouble, I'd have brought my rifle."

Available in pistol calibers at a store near you.
Yep. Have one in .44 Rem Magnum. Just doesn't fit in the Parka Pocket. :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #501 on: March 10, 2019, 02:08:13 am »
1. Is the issue merely the age of the females, or

2. Was Moore credibly accused of ever forcing himself on any female?

BOTH WERE LIES..and proven as such.  The "young" girl made up the story and forged  name of Moore in her annual. Proven.  There was nothing..there!   He did neither!  The LEFTS have no issue with muslims marrying a ONE YEAR OLD GIRL CHILD nor consummating at ANY AGE.....she dies, dies.  The LEFT are the pedophiles & perverts. PIZZAGATE.  Evangelicals  need to grow some and  NOT ALLLOW lies, being put out there, instead of believing smut. right away.
It is like they enjoy smut, so they can virtue signal..how much better they are over the common man.  NOT WHAT CHRIST INTENDED. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #502 on: March 10, 2019, 02:10:24 am »

BOTH WERE LIES..and proven as such.  The "young" girl made up the story and forged  name of Moore in her annual. Proven.  There was nothing..there!   He did neither!  The LEFTS have no issue with muslims marrying a ONE YEAR OLD GIRL CHILD nor consummating at ANY AGE.....she dies, dies.  The LEFT are the pedophiles & perverts. PIZZAGATE.  Evangelicals  need to grow some and  NOT ALLLOW lies, being put out there, instead of believing smut. right away.
It is like they enjoy smut, so they can virtue signal..how much better they are over the common man.  NOT WHAT CHRIST INTENDED.

What?  You're saying Roy Moore is a muslim?  How did muslims get in the thread?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #503 on: March 10, 2019, 02:48:15 am »

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #505 on: March 10, 2019, 03:43:46 am »
Obviously what passes for beer is  kool-aid.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:12:31 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #506 on: March 10, 2019, 03:52:46 am »
Geezizz.....the thread that will not die!    9999hair out0000
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #507 on: March 10, 2019, 04:00:11 am »

You can't be surprised... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #508 on: March 10, 2019, 04:03:46 am »
You can't be surprised... :laugh:

I'm shocked and appalled, but not surprised.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #509 on: March 10, 2019, 04:46:55 am »

Muslims, minorities express relief over Doug Jones' senate win.... (*and a few TBR members)

https://www.al.com/living/2017/12/muslims_minorities_express_rel.html
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #510 on: March 10, 2019, 04:49:37 am »
Muslims, minorities express relief over Doug Jones' senate win.... (*and a few TBR members)

Well, I'll be darned.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #511 on: March 10, 2019, 12:53:00 pm »

It’s already taken a slight detour into firearms. When it starts becoming a theological or Civil War debate, that’s when you’ll know it’s having the final death throes.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #512 on: March 10, 2019, 01:02:30 pm »

It’s already taken a slight detour into firearms. When it starts becoming a theological or Civil War debate, that’s when you’ll know it’s having the final death throes.
@edpc
So, have you considered that God really wanted the Confederacy to win?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline edpc

« Reply #513 on: March 10, 2019, 01:10:13 pm »
He does work in mysterious ways.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #514 on: March 10, 2019, 02:32:34 pm »
Obviously what passes for beer is  kool-aid.

Would that be intelligent and discerning "kool-aid"?

Or your "I love a politician no matter what" kind?  happy77

Seems to me that, according to your insult, "kool-aid" comes in a variety of flavors.

Mine encourages freedom of thought and fair-minded critiques of character, and a healthy dose of humor........

Thus, the  :beer: to Sanguine, whose comment was very funny.

(btw, next time you decide to insult and accuse me @Sighlass, have the courage to do it directly.  KAY??  You're better than this).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #515 on: March 10, 2019, 03:07:59 pm »

@Sighlass

Who are the TBR members who “expressed relief” over Jones’ win?  I’d be interested in seeing their names.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #516 on: March 10, 2019, 03:12:48 pm »
Would that be intelligent and discerning "kool-aid"?

Or your "I love a politician no matter what" kind?  happy77

Seems to me that, according to your insult, "kool-aid" comes in a variety of flavors.

Mine encourages freedom of thought and fair-minded critiques of character, and a healthy dose of humor........

Thus, the  :beer: to Sanguine, whose comment was very funny.

(btw, next time you decide to insult and accuse me @Sighlass, have the courage to do it directly.  KAY??  You're better than this).

@musiclady

I really don’t get the coy  “some members” / “some people here” stuff that you see being posted by tough conservative men.  I remember that kind of thing from middle school girl cliques. 
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline musiclady

« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2019, 05:10:46 pm »
@musiclady

I really don’t get the coy  “some members” / “some people here” stuff that you see being posted by tough conservative men.  I remember that kind of thing from middle school girl cliques.

Good parallel.

There's one guy here who never posts directly to me, but posts insults about me (and not infrequently).

Even when I was IN middle school, and was obviously a girl, I had more courage than that.

Not really the tough guys they pretend to be, are they?

@QueenCatofAragon

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #518 on: March 10, 2019, 05:27:08 pm »
@musiclady

I see that a lot.  I see a lot of complaints about "uneven moderation" too, whatever that means.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2019, 05:33:14 pm »
Good parallel.

There's one guy here who never posts directly to me, but posts insults about me (and not infrequently).

Even when I was IN middle school, and was obviously a girl, I had more courage than that.

Not really the tough guys they pretend to be, are they?

@QueenCatofAragon

@musiclady

Really?  If all that's true you would not have used the term "some guy" and instead used @xxxxxxx.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »
Back on topic ... Roy Moore was railroaded and accused by RINO's and leftists.  We just couldn't have a conservative take the seat now could we?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2019, 06:51:01 pm »
@musiclady

Really?  If all that's true you would not have used the term "some guy" and instead used @xxxxxxx.

Actually, I've been working on editing music but I thought of that (on my own) and was coming back to do it, so I'll give his name now.

It's @truth_seeker .  He insults me in comments frequently, but never ever, ever, ever has the decency to do it directly.

I've confronted him publicly several times, I've posted comments in agreement and disagreement with him.  I've been polite, and he has said all manner of nasty things about me, but never TO me.

Does that clear things up for you? 

I don't have to worry that he'll respond, because he uses the middle school girl approach rather than the direct and honest approach (like you and I do).

@Bigun
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:56:44 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2019, 06:55:22 pm »
Back on topic ... Roy Moore was railroaded and accused by RINO's and leftists.  We just couldn't have a conservative take the seat now could we?

Have you considered that Moore is his own worst enemy?

He could have responded to and overcome the attacks, but he didn't.

The Alabama Republicans HAVE to come up with a better candidate, or this very secure conservative seat will be usurped by the left again.

Get somebody who can WIN.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2019, 07:58:25 pm »
The discussion has now travelled 360 degrees to the debate on pages 1-5.

Can we now end this thread before the whole damn thing is repeated??   Please  :0001:

There's only so much oxygen on the forum.

Offline edpc

« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »
I agree. Motion to end the thread by no longer posting. All in favor say ‘aye.’   :smokin: