Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29572 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #425 on: March 04, 2019, 02:27:13 am »
Of course.  But if you know karate, I might have to bring my rolling pin.

Tough but fair.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #426 on: March 04, 2019, 02:33:46 am »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2019, 02:34:55 am »

Be careful how you use it.

Oh, that was some nasty stuff!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2019, 02:35:44 am »

@edpc

That stuff is for sale on ebay.  It would almost be worth it to see what it smells like.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2019, 06:08:18 pm »

Sex Panther!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #432 on: March 07, 2019, 03:00:41 am »
@DCPatriot   Congrats for hanging in.  I'm gonna have to take another timeout.  The ignorance and ugliness displayed by too many on this forum are too painful for me to take right now.  Maybe in a fe weeks.

I do the same thing!  I think you are re-covering from some surgery?   Take care...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #435 on: March 08, 2019, 03:28:13 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon and anyone else still clinging to their false perceptions of Leigh Corfman.

DEPOSITION: Roy Moore Accuser’s Lawyer Said She ‘F—d Everybody in Gadsden, Including Himself’

@Bigun

Wow, lots to unpack here.  Let’s do it.

First of all, as I’ve said before, you need to get out of the TBR/Breitbart bubble.  You’re under the delusion that most people believe Roy Moore is innocent.  The exact opposite is true.  You have to look very hard to find the tiny minority who don’t recognize Moore for the sleaze that he is.  That’s just reality, no matter how many exclamation points you type.

The nutcase author of this piece of “journalism” is the creator of a Facebook page called “The God-Emperor Trump”, and a big fan of Alex Jones, Infowars, and Roger Stone.  His Twitter page reads like a 16 year old incel who can’t get dates and whose shut-in life revolves around memes.

Maybe Corfman was promiscuous, who knows.  If she was, it’s a well-documented result of sexual abuse in youth.  If you think this is some kind of “ah-ha” moment”, it might be—but not in the way you intend, lol. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/somatic-psychology/201303/trauma-childhood-sexual-abuse%3famp

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3142010/#!po=0.684932

and a million more links that I could list but which you’ll disregard.

Sexton, the lawyer who trashed his own client, is partner in the law firm Gentle Turner Sexton and Harbison.  Edgar Gentle is the treasurer of the state Democratic Party.  In any other context you would dismiss anything Sexton said on that basis alone—in fact, I’ll bet if we went back to the old thread when the news of this meeting & Breitbart’s attempted bribe came out, you were doing just that.  But now you’re taking his word as gospel.

You’re doing precisely the same lousy, crappy thing that defense lawyers for rapists do.  You’re putting the woman on the stand and attempting to paint her as a slut who had it coming ( even if she was a minor at the time, for God’s sake).  Wtf is wrong with you?  You should be ashamed. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #436 on: March 08, 2019, 04:39:04 pm »
You’re under the delusion that most people believe Roy Moore is innocent.  The exact opposite is true.  You have to look very hard to find the tiny minority who don’t recognize Moore for the sleaze that he is.

@QueenCatofAragon

I'm under no delusions at all and I haven't had to look for people who don't believe Roy Moore to be any kind of pervert. There are plenty of them all DETERMINED to see this damned "Slander and defame the opposition candidate at the last minute" page forcibly ripped out of the playbook.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:40:05 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2019, 05:29:53 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon

I'm under no delusions at all and I haven't had to look for people who don't believe Roy Moore to be any kind of pervert. There are plenty of them all DETERMINED to see this damned "Slander and defame the opposition candidate at the last minute" page forcibly ripped out of the playbook.

Have a good Friday, @Bigun.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #438 on: March 08, 2019, 06:20:46 pm »
Have a good Friday, @Bigun.

Thanks @QueenCatofAragon! I fully intend to do just that and hopefully, you will as well.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:10 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon
@Bigun

Thank you both!   :beer: :beer:

All y'all have a great weekend!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #440 on: March 08, 2019, 08:53:48 pm »
@QueenCatofAragon -  Thanks for the information.

Having the facts makes assessment of the situation more accurate.  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #441 on: March 09, 2019, 12:27:59 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #442 on: March 09, 2019, 12:29:43 am »
   'Roy Moore' should be put on the TBR Ban List, it's as toxic as bringing up Trump at a Thanksgiving Dinner with your #MAGA family (been there, done that, 3 years running).   painful

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #443 on: March 09, 2019, 12:32:09 am »
   'Roy Moore' should be put on the TBR Ban List, it's as toxic as bringing up Trump at a Thanksgiving Dinner with your #MAGA family (been there, done that, 3 years running).   painful

That's right, @corbe

"...at this point, what difference does it make?"

Eff, Roy Moore!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #444 on: March 09, 2019, 01:10:02 am »
That's right, @corbe

"...at this point, what difference does it make?"

Eff, Roy Moore!    :laugh:
The difference it makes is one of precedent.

If the Democrats get away with 11th hour fabricated character assassination against their opposition, over incidents they allege occurred decades ago they will work the tactic like a rented mule.

In the meantime, Hillary goes free....despite admittedly breaking the law by conducting State Department business and having classified communications on a private and unsecured server (the tip of a very large felonious iceberg).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #445 on: March 09, 2019, 02:15:27 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #446 on: March 09, 2019, 03:31:36 am »
You’re doing precisely the same lousy, crappy thing that defense lawyers for rapists do.  You’re putting the woman on the stand and attempting to paint her as a slut who had it coming ( even if she was a minor at the time, for God’s sake). 

Odd choice there, Doug Jones defended UAB from a lawsuit for allowing a young gymnast (age 15, recruited at 14)  while she got statutory raped and drugged by half the football team and half the other athletic dept.

http://www.espn.com/magazine/vol5no12uab.html

*Crickets from you every time I pointed this out....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:55:18 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #447 on: March 09, 2019, 03:37:28 am »
Sexton, the lawyer who trashed his own client, is partner in the law firm Gentle Turner Sexton and Harbison.  Edgar Gentle is the treasurer of the state Democratic Party.  In any other context you would dismiss anything Sexton said on that basis alone—in fact, I’ll bet if we went back to the old thread when the news of this meeting & Breitbart’s attempted bribe came out, you were doing just that.  But now you’re taking his word as gospel.

Odd I pointed out this out (about how inappropriate it was to have someone in position of power in local democrat party handling the case) in the previous threads about Moore and you promptly ignored me or just went on a hissy fit of posting horse photos. It only came out by accident that he represented her at all.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:39:21 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #448 on: March 09, 2019, 03:51:24 am »

The nutcase author of this piece of “journalism” is the creator of a Facebook page called “The God-Emperor Trump”, and a big fan of Alex Jones, Infowars, and Roger Stone.  His Twitter page reads like a 16 year old incel who can’t get dates and whose shut-in life revolves around memes.

Fallacy to attack the source.... but whatever...

Here is a liberal publication that says the same thing... Brandon (the reporter) being the only half way fair reporter on the team there.

https://www.alreporter.com/2019/03/08/moore-defense-team-subpoenas-corfman-attorneys-interview/?fbclid=IwAR3MnY75unoSjrzijO64p8uJK1pq-WeufWFBckyiMjoOnqn2KHMRMkfdEAo

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #449 on: March 09, 2019, 04:05:51 am »
Fallacy to attack the source.... but whatever...

Here is a liberal publication that says the same thing... Brandon (the reporter) being the only half way fair reporter on the team there.

https://www.alreporter.com/2019/03http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;quote=1934701;topic=353171.425;last_msg=1934701/08/moore-defense-team-subpoenas-corfman-attorneys-interview/?fbclid=IwAR3MnY75unoSjrzijO64p8uJK1pq-WeufWFBckyiMjoOnqn2KHMRMkfdEAo

Thanks for the on the spot info. Upthread I asked what an Alabaman had to say (more or less). A member referred you. This is the information most relevant to me that you provide.