Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29563 times)

Online corbe

Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2019, 03:37:13 am »
Dave Alvin and Jimmie Dale Gilmore - "Downey To Lubbock"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I think most Briefers would be happy if this got derailed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2019, 03:43:39 am »
Dave Alvin and Jimmie Dale Gilmore - "Downey To Lubbock"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I think most Briefers would be happy if this got derailed.

Over 5000 views. 13 pages.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,350928.msg1912978.html#msg1912978

Carry on.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2019, 03:43:42 am »
Ok.

ALL OF YOU.

(I need to make a ping list)

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty @Sanguine  @Mod1 (ping the rest of the mods) @QueenCatofAragon  @Right_in_Virginia  @Mesaclone  @Bigun @roamer_1  @Smokin Joe  @corbe  @Emjay  @XenaLee  @libertybele  @kevindavis  @TomSea  @LegalAmerican

@ All of you

What made the "Greatest Generation" the greatest generation?

What gave you the ability to sit here now and talk such stupid shit?

How many of you "knew" someone from that generation?

How many of you actually had the chance to hear what they had to say?

Not many talked of what they saw, did, or endured.

But one thing was absolutey clear.

Babyfaced mama boys. Depression era people. Rich or poor. Shit happened to people that needed to happen AT THAT TIME.

They all united to overcome.

Ya'll sit here and debate stupid shit. Principles yada yada yada

People can claim it was some Holy Crusade.

It was the worst human beings could inflict on other human beings. Evil won.

And then evil disappeared from the "greatest generation".

You know why?

They didn't compromise. They didn't back down from their principles. They didn't back down from their faith.

You know how I know this?

Because of this stupid effing "debate".

Nah Just kidding. I know this because I Live this FU88888 life.

@bigheadfred

Yeah, Fred, you could say I knew a member of that generation pretty well.  My father.  He and my mom were older than my husband’s grandparents, and I lost them early.  I was a very late baby, and their only one.

My father was a teenager who found himself on a troop ship on his way to Europe.  And then slammed into the middle of the Battle of the Bulge.  You’re right, he didn’t talk much about what he saw & did, but to this day I can’t watch old films of that battle, knowing he was there.

You can call it shit if you want, but I see it as standing up against plain wrong & willful blindness—against compromising with evil—in the interest of winning at politics.  I’m my father’s daughter, and I know what he would have thought of Moore.  I don’t care if everybody on this forum comes down on me for it—I don’t back down.  Level all your fire at me, all of y’all.  I ain’t budging.

Don’t know what else to tell you.  🤷‍♀️

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2019, 03:44:27 am »
Robert Palmer - Sneaking Sally Through the Alley

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2019, 03:46:23 am »
Still prefer Mo Brooks.

I commend Mo Brooks because he didn't spit on Roy Moore... He was one of the few in state that didn't poo-poo Roy Moore... unlike some here on this forum. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2019, 04:05:53 am »

So a judge can ignore any law or ruling they don't like?

Neither time did Roy Moore get a chance to prove his case before a judge. The powers that be didn't want him to, because both times he was right... Heck even the NY Slimes agreed he was right the last time.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/11/magazine/in-sort-of-defense-of-roy-moore.html

Don't care for the NY Times, me either, here is Washington Examiner take on it...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/no-the-1960s-havent-returned-to-alabama

Roy Moore just said that the liberal's judges ruling effecting one judge, not the whole state. He was right... and he was fighting the good fight defending the Alabama Constitution which we voted for... which we hired him to do.

Roy was railroaded, but it wasn't due faulty reasoning on his behalf. When even the NY Times admits it, you have to wonder if folks here just didn't care for a constitutional defending judge being in office. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:06:56 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2019, 04:06:37 am »
Ok.

ALL OF YOU.

@mystery-ak @Cyber Liberty @Sanguine  @Mod1 (ping the rest of the mods) @QueenCatofAragon  @Right_in_Virginia  @Mesaclone  @Bigun @roamer_1  @Smokin Joe  @corbe  @Emjay  @XenaLee  @libertybele  @kevindavis  @TomSea  @LegalAmerican

@ All of you

Babyfaced mama boys. Depression era people. Rich or poor. Shit happened to people that needed to happen AT THAT TIME.

You know why?

They didn't compromise. They didn't back down from their principles. They didn't back down from their faith.

@bigheadfred, again, I'm not suggesting a back-off from principles. I think you may have been the only one who got that.  I am saying we need to pare down our list of priorities to the bare necessities for now, and start making some progress in restoring the Republic.  And, again, IMHO, Roy Moore's political career ain't it.

The Republic is on life support right now.  We can stand around and argue who will get the china and who will get the grandfather clock, but it might be a better idea to grab the O2 and the defibrillator. 

As for the five top priorities, I wouldn't want to make that decision by myself, but if I am appointed Queen For The Day (step aside @QueenCatofAragon) I think I might start with (and remember this is a rough, rough initial draft):

1. an investigation into and prosecution of federal employees and elected officials in the Roscom uranium, unsecured servers, illegal email usage, and attempts to overturn the legitimate results of the last federal election.

2. push to have Cruz's term limits law passed

3. form a group of conservatives to respond quickly and effectively as public information officers to better communicate conservative ideals and spread truth in a very untruthful media environment.

4. establish a task force to study, report on, publicize and help enforce voter laws that ensure one vote per citizen.

5. elimination of the income tax.

6. establish some simple, basic ideals that we can agree to pursue.

7. I would like to work on abortion issues immediately, but I don't think that is possible until we regain some traction.  Put this into the second tier to be worked on.

8. insist that Congress pass a law that they (congresscritters) have to follow all the laws that ordinary citizens follow.  Cut out the benies - barbershop, Airforce transportation, etc.  Make it much less fiscally rewarding to be a public servant.

That's it for tonight.   

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #383 on: March 03, 2019, 04:09:28 am »
@bigheadfred

Yeah, Fred, you could say I knew a member of that generation pretty well.  My father.  He and my mom were older than my husband’s grandparents, and I lost them early.  I was a very late baby, and their only one.

My father was a teenager who found himself on a troop ship on his way to Europe.  And then slammed into the middle of the Battle of the Bulge.  You’re right, he didn’t talk much about what he saw & did, but to this day I can’t watch old films of that battle, knowing he was there.

You can call it shit if you want, but I see it as standing up against plain wrong & willful blindness—against compromising with evil—in the interest of winning at politics.  I’m my father’s daughter, and I know what he would have thought of Moore.  I don’t care if everybody on this forum comes down on me for it—I don’t back down.  Level all your fire at me, all of y’all.  I ain’t budging.

Don’t know what else to tell you.  🤷‍♀️

This is the shit. The left have opened up full on war. I said earlier I wouldn't post the solution. Not that I am afraid of the jackboots. It is the uselessness of trying to make the useless useful.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2019, 04:16:11 am »
@bigheadfred, again, I'm not suggesting a back-off from principles. I think you may have been the only one who got that.  I am saying we need to pare down our list of priorities to the bare necessities for now, and start making some progress in restoring the Republic.  And, again, IMHO, Roy Moore's political career ain't it.

The Republic is on life support right now.  We can stand around and argue who will get the china and who will get the grandfather clock, but it might be a better idea to grab the O2 and the defibrillator. 

As for the five top priorities, I wouldn't want to make that decision by myself, but if I am appointed Queen For The Day (step aside @QueenCatofAragon) I think I might start with (and remember this is a rough, rough initial draft):

1. an investigation into and prosecution of federal employees and elected officials in the Roscom uranium, unsecured servers, illegal email usage, and attempts to overturn the legitimate results of the last federal election.

2. push to have Cruz's term limits law passed

3. form a group of conservatives to respond quickly and effectively as public information officers to better communicate conservative ideals and spread truth in a very untruthful media environment.

4. establish a task force to study, report on, publicize and help enforce voter laws that ensure one vote per citizen.

5. elimination of the income tax.

6. establish some simple, basic ideals that we can agree to pursue.

7. I would like to work on abortion issues immediately, but I don't think that is possible until we regain some traction.  Put this into the second tier to be worked on.

8. insist that Congress pass a law that they (congresscritters) have to follow all the laws that ordinary citizens follow.  Cut out the benies - barbershop, Airforce transportation, etc.  Make it much less fiscally rewarding to be a public servant.

That's it for tonight.

I'll sleep on that. Ye right fer it is ruff. But salient. I asked for five. Ya gaved me 8. Wimmin.  :whistle: :tongue2:

Online corbe

« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2019, 04:21:56 am »
Rory Gallagher-Cant Believe Its True

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2019, 04:27:38 am »
I'll sleep on that. Ye right fer it is ruff. But salient. I asked for five. Ya gaved me 8. Wimmin.  :whistle: :tongue2:

Underpromise and overdeliver.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #387 on: March 03, 2019, 04:37:41 am »
You're losing that fight though. You're losing it badly. You're going to lose everything else in the process if you don't regroup.

And why not say, "Let us do evil that good may come"?; as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just. - Romans 3:8

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:43 am »
This is the shit. The left have opened up full on war. I said earlier I wouldn't post the solution. Not that I am afraid of the jackboots. It is the uselessness of trying to make the useless useful.

@bigheadfred

Fred, I don’t know what that means.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2019, 04:46:02 am »
@Sanguine

Step aside @QueenCatofAragon

No, this means weapons at dawn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2019, 04:51:08 am »
@Sanguine

I'm pretty good with a computer or a rolling pin.  What have you got?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2019, 04:51:59 am »
@Sanguine

Oh, and I don't do dawn.  Can we agree to 10am?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2019, 05:08:57 am »

The basic element of the American Government was setup that both sides sit down talk and find a common ground. Sometimes you do have to Compromise. The Constitution was founded on a Compromise.
Granted. So why do we have to continue compromising on the Constitution? Because that's what is getting thrown out, bit by bit when we do. NO more. There comes a point where there is no more room to give in, nothing left to give up, without materially changing the agreement. The Constitution is, after all, an agreement between the States. Now stick to that, if you don't mind, I don't recall reopening negotiations.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2019, 05:23:48 am »
Ok.

ALL OF YOU.

@ All of you

You know why?

Well, Fred, I look at just one of my grand fathers. He inherited the half of the farm in timber. He had land (covered with trees), a sawmill, a wife and 4 kids. He cleared the land, sliced the trees up and made tobacco barns, he planted crops, fished, and did what he had to to feed his family. The bottom line: he rolled up his sleeves and got to work. He trusted in Almighty God for help, and he got it.

When WWII came, he was too old to serve, his kids too young (they were mostly in Korea). In turn, they rolled up their sleeves, and did what needed to be done. They came home, went to work, and fed their families. They trusted in Almighty God for help, and they got it.

When our turn came, my brother was 4F, I was a couple years too young for Nam, so I went to college. I had a little bit of land, and it was held ransom against my GPA. I kept it, and my Father paid my tuition, because I got to work. I rolled up my sleeves and did what needed to be done. I trusted in Almighty God for help, and I got it.

It has been thus for every generation which was successful--the bottom line is that you just don't quit. You stick to your guns, your faith, your principles, and you do what needs to be done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2019, 04:16:57 pm »
Clarice Feldman FB: 18 minutes

The great Iggy:

I think we underestimate how little the nevertrump shitbirds actually believe in conservative political principles.
They like to debate the theory of conservatism and they know they don't like a lot of prog ideas but in a lot of ways these political commentators are apolitical.
In a way they are the only real conservative ideologues.

True conservatives embrace a political philosophy, not an ideology, and therefore are engaged in a battle to implement a nuts and bolts, practical political framework to maximize liberty, limit government and prevent power grabs by the state.

The nevertrump ideologues have always been characterized by a pie-in-the-sky debating society in which some future conservative paradise will blossom and the entire world will enjoy Georgetown cocktail parties, fine cigars and wearing docker shoes without socks, khakis and blue blazers.

They adhere to a vague cultural conservatism and wish to leave the politics to the hired help. It's not that they all are or even any of them are rich. They just think they should be. In a just, culturally conservative world, men who swank about writing boring political drivel and cultural dirges would actually own vast Sea Cucks and the Trumps of the world would be swabbing their poop decks for them.
T Coddington Van Voorhess VII is a caricature to us, but an aspiration to them.

And BTW, Goldbrick's commentary has always been "colorful" in the same way the high school nerd with the permanent melvin wrote colorful commentary for the school newspaper.
He's an adolescent hack and always has been. If I read another lame segue about his effin dog or another retarded Star Wars reference I'm gonna gag.

:2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2019, 06:04:00 pm »

My father was a U.S. Marine in the South Pacific for most of the war and three uncles who participated in the liberation of France at some level one of which, all the way from Normandy to Berlin.

I've had my say on the Roy Moore episode this round. 

If he decides to jump back into the political arena, I'm quite sure there will be several more rounds.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 06:08:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2019, 06:08:19 pm »
Will he try? Probably. He seems to view himself as a crusader. Whether he’d get far is another story. By the end of the campaign, the only outside support he really had was from Courtland Sykes and Steve Bannon.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #397 on: March 03, 2019, 06:13:33 pm »
Clarice Feldman FB: 18 minutes

:2popcorn:

You owe me a cut for the popcorn (I own the concession), payable to TBR via the puppies at the bottom of the page.  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #398 on: March 03, 2019, 06:16:35 pm »
Will he try? Probably. He seems to view himself as a crusader. Whether he’d get far is another story. By the end of the campaign, the only outside support he really had was from Courtland Sykes and Steve Bannon.

I hope he doesn't, or gets beaten in the Primary if he does.  Here we are, approaching the bottom of the thread (I hope!) and I've reflected on it a bit.  We don't need the distraction going into the General Election. 

Roy Moore's hill is not one for us to die upon.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:02:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2019, 06:19:07 pm »
True conservatives embrace a political philosophy, not an ideology, and therefore are engaged in a battle to implement a nuts and bolts, practical political framework to maximize liberty, limit government and prevent power grabs by the state.

I've been a member of that group for more than forty years now and have damned little to show for my efforts with regard to our the Federal government mainly because the leadership of the Republican party at the national level has found no hill worthy of living or dieing on.  Not a single one for all of that time.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 06:35:15 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien