Author Topic: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again  (Read 29562 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: GOP nightmare as Alabama's Roy Moore signals he might run again
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2019, 01:32:01 am »
@bigheadfred  Oh, you drive a Doolie?

If that is what they call a pickup with a cow catcher then yes, yes I do.

Like "We must be getting closer to town."" How can you tell?"" We're hitting more people."

I try to participate in these threads but they make me sick sometimes to the point I have an actual psychotic break.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2019, 01:53:56 am »
If that is what they call a pickup with a cow catcher then yes, yes I do.

Like "We must be getting closer to town."" How can you tell?"" We're hitting more people."

I try to participate in these threads but they make me sick sometimes to the point I have an actual psychotic break.

I see your dismay.  Threads that have more than 6 pages are usually good ones to pass up.  The Members Lounge and others like it are exceptions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2019, 02:40:40 am »

I was born near Pensacola. Floridians tell me that's actually S. Alabama. That should count.

anything west of Marianna and north of I-10 is considered part of Lower Alabama.  I got lots of in-laws in that area.  Roll Tide.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2019, 02:59:25 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/13/moore.tencommandments/

One can read up on it here, the ethics panel removed Moore. I don't care to get into this too much.

The article contains the same 'government establishment of religion' crap that the left always spouts out.  It even went as far at to quote the very part of Amendment I which proves this not to be a Constitutional infringement - "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW".  The placement in Alabama involved no act of Congress.  Thus, it does not violate Amendment I.  Personally, I am sick and tired of this liberal horse dooky about separation of church and state from a Supreme Court case they LOST!  The First Amendment does one thing and one thing only - it protects the American people from Congress by placing a limit on their power.  Not the states.  Not the cities.  Not the counties.  But the federal legislature.

And certainly not the courts who have been imposing and establishing their preferred religion on America - secular humanism.  Personally, I am fed up not only with the tyranny of the bench, but also the abject ignorance of the American people brainwashed by leftist propaganda that force-feeds the 'separation of church and state' lie that was pulled out of a losing Supreme Court decision. 

For a political candidate, I am not at all a Roy Moore supporter.  But he absolutely positively did the right thing by standing up to the tyranny of a court that shows nothing but contempt for our Constitution.  It is a shame the State of Alabama refused to back him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2019, 04:27:15 am »
You're on your way to Johnson City.  We keep frittering every chance we get, that's where we end up.

You're seriously going to worry about someone's reputation while the whole damn thing is burning down around us?  Really?

Yes! I most certainly am!  I'm not about to sit still and let good people who are willing to put their good names on the line to enter the arena of politics be smeared period!  Not today or any day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2019, 04:34:49 am »
The article contains the same 'government establishment of religion' crap that the left always spouts out.  It even went as far at to quote the very part of Amendment I which proves this not to be a Constitutional infringement - "CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW".  The placement in Alabama involved no act of Congress.  Thus, it does not violate Amendment I.  Personally, I am sick and tired of this liberal horse dooky about separation of church and state from a Supreme Court case they LOST!  The First Amendment does one thing and one thing only - it protects the American people from Congress by placing a limit on their power.  Not the states.  Not the cities.  Not the counties.  But the federal legislature.

And certainly not the courts who have been imposing and establishing their preferred religion on America - secular humanism.  Personally, I am fed up not only with the tyranny of the bench, but also the abject ignorance of the American people brainwashed by leftist propaganda that force-feeds the 'separation of church and state' lie that was pulled out of a losing Supreme Court decision. 

For a political candidate, I am not at all a Roy Moore supporter.  But he absolutely positively did the right thing by standing up to the tyranny of a court that shows nothing but contempt for our Constitution.  It is a shame the State of Alabama refused to back him.

:amen: to all you said Hoodat!  And I'm just as tired of sitting around and watching good people be smeared by the Democrats and establishment Republicans just because they dare to throw their hats in the ring and enter the realm of politics!  Damned tired of it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2019, 04:48:47 am »
anything west of Marianna and north of I-10 is considered part of Lower Alabama.  I got lots of in-laws in that area.  Roll Tide.

When I was stationed at Pensacola, I always said I was in LA. Lower Alabama.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2019, 05:04:18 am »
Yes! I most certainly am!  I'm not about to sit still and let good people who are willing to put their good names on the line to enter the arena of politics be smeared period!  Not today or any day!

Then prepare to lose.  And, try to work up an explanation to the next generation as to why we frittered away the best this world has ever seen.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2019, 05:26:07 am »
@edpc

I can tell you what would happen here, and I live in a small Southern rural community.  If that guy showed up to date my niece, my father-in-law—her grandfather—would go after him, accompanied by my husband and his brother. 

If that guy were hanging around recitals to check out young girls, he would be zeroed in on pretty quickly.   You wouldn’t find anyone trying to excuse his aberrance.
Little girls, yes, and the whole town would turn out with pitchforks and torches. Also, there are no secrets in a small town, so why did this take 40 years to 'break"? Well, because he wasn't doing anything illegal. He was asking the parents if he could take their daughters out. The claims of impropriety (one) complete with an autograph in three colors of ink, with different line angles for the text, redundant, and including the initials of his assistant have been debunked.

So it boils down to believing what a homosexual lobby supporting democrat (Jones' son is homosexual), and a bunch of hardcore Democrats have to say, or a guy who had made his reputation standing on principle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2019, 05:31:21 am »
Then prepare to lose.  And, try to work up an explanation to the next generation as to why we frittered away the best this world has ever seen.
We frittered it away because all our opposition had to do was come up with some story, on the thinnest 'evidence' which broke down under scrutiny, with obvious ulterior motives including personal vendettas and gain, and we'd throw Jesus Christ himself out the door in a New York Second, (not to mention mere mortals) to appease the Leftist media frenzy. They have to be drowning in their tears--from laughter. 

I'd never run for office as a Republican. Better friends can be bought for a bottle of Fireball or Thunderbird. At least their loyalty might last as long as the bottle.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2019, 05:58:58 am »
The party probably won't want to take that chance again (my bet), so....
The party didn't want to take that chance the first time. THe risk to them was that a man who had twice lost his job standing on principles might be loose on Capitol Hill where all sorts of shady crap is done on both sides of the aisle, where the good ol' boys club doesn't want any disruption... like someone who just might peel the lid back on that kettle of worms in the Swamp, and make them all lose their phoney baloney jobs.

The GOP has been playing conservatives for suckers for most of my life. The sad part of that show is that people are running around singing their theme song even as they are being played.

Play it again, sham:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2019, 06:02:19 am »
This from the guy who claims he knows with 100% certainty Moore is innocent.
Like it or not, If he has not been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, he is. There is more than enough room for reasonable doubt.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2019, 06:04:01 am »

So....? I don’t quite follow what you’re saying, but I think I’ve got an idea. With the amount of votes he received last time, there’s at least tens of thousands that support him. The GOP can’t stop him from raising money on his own. Would they cut him off from party funds, if he survived the primary? Maybe, but that would likely create a split ticket on the right, ensuring Jones was re-elected. Is that what you think would happen?
That already happened.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2019, 12:54:53 pm »
That right would be known as "free speech". In this case, that "right" would be endorsed by common sense, reason, and the experience of watching him lose that seat.

As for what he CAN do...he can dance the River Dance in a tutu and chase teenagers around whatever trailer park he wishes, all while running for the Senatorial nomination. Have at it Roy. What I CAN do, and have done...and will continue to do...is make the very easy argument that anyone supporting him in that endeavor is the kind of clueless fool who is more than willing to hand a conservative Senate seat to the Democrats.

As for the voters of Alabama, I'm sure they are wise enough to listen to input from whomever they choose...and as they've already rejected this guy once, I'd say they know what they're doing.

:amen: to all you said Mesaclone!  And I'm just as tired of sitting around and watching good people be smeared by the Democrats and establishment Republicans just because they dare to throw their hats in the ring and enter the realm of politics!  Damned tired of it!

And I thank you for your duty and definitely will do all to respect the uniform!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:00:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2019, 12:58:01 pm »

That's beautiful man. I'm just concerned when the next case comes and it's about a satanic shrine on capitol grounds. Fine, if that is the way you think the law should be,  I am living in realville.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/arkansas/articles/2018-08-16/satanic-temple-unveils-baphomet-statue-at-arkansas-capitol

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2019, 02:52:00 pm »

If fighting for good people against lies and innuendo cause us to lose then so be it and my explanation to the next generation will be easy!  Some lines should never be crossed for any reason ever.  Denying the truth in order to win is one of them.

If fifty million people say a foolish thing, is it still foolish?

Yes. Truth was never a popularity contest.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2019, 03:01:21 pm »
If fighting for good people against lies and innuendo cause us to lose then so be it and my explanation to the next generation will be easy!  Some lines should never be crossed for any reason ever.  Denying the truth in order to win is one of them.

If fifty million people say a foolish thing, is it still foolish?

Yes. Truth was never a popularity contest.

That's lovely rhetoric and all, but at this point we have to make the hard decisions.  We simply can't address every wrong at once.  We need to focus and start doing something effective. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:02:00 pm by Sanguine »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2019, 03:10:16 pm »
That's lovely rhetoric and all, but at this point we have to make the hard decisions.  We simply can't address every wrong at once.  We need to focus and start doing something effective.
And it's not like Roy Moore is the only rock-ribbed conservative candidate in the whole state of Alabama.

A crucial seat in a narrowly divided Senate is not the place to be insisting that the electorate got it wrong last time around and force them to pick the same guy they just rejected. Elections have consequences.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2019, 03:15:01 pm »
And it's not like Roy Moore is the only rock-ribbed conservative candidate in the whole state of Alabama.

A crucial seat in a narrowly divided Senate is not the place to be insisting that the electorate got it wrong last time around and force them to pick the same guy they just rejected. Elections have consequences.

And I'm quite sure the good people of Alabama are perfectly capable of sorting out who they want to represent them in Washington!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2019, 03:17:32 pm »

Yep!  And my decision is made!  I will continue to fight lies for the rest of my life no matter where I encounter them!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2019, 03:20:06 pm »
Yep!  And my decision is made!  I will continue to fight lies for the rest of my life no matter where I encounter them!

There's a big difference between fighting and winning.  I support winning.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2019, 03:28:30 pm »
There's a big difference between fighting and winning.  I support winning.

I've determined that most conservatives aren't willing to do what it takes to win. It's both frustrating and an admirable quality. You have to make sacrifices to survive in a changing world. It seems many conservatives would rather go down in a blaze of righteous glory.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:29:41 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #272 on: March 02, 2019, 03:41:10 pm »
I've determined that most conservatives aren't willing to do what it takes to win. It's both frustrating and an admirable quality. You have to make sacrifices to survive in a changing world. It seems many conservatives would rather go down in a blaze of righteous glory.

I'd much rather win in a blaze of righteous glory, but even if no blaze, I'd rather win for the right side.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #273 on: March 02, 2019, 03:43:43 pm »
I'd much rather win in a blaze of righteous glory, but even if no blaze, I'd rather win for the right side.

Of what good is a "victory" to the one who sells his soul to get it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #274 on: March 02, 2019, 03:45:01 pm »
Of what good is a "victory" to the one who sells his soul to get it?

Who is talking about selling one's soul?  What?