Author Topic: Robinson banned, Kassam disabled: Facebook cracks down on the harder right  (Read 430 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Does Facebook have a grudge against the right? It’s an accusation that’s been leveled against Mark Zuckerberg before — notably in a Congressional hearing last year — and is rearing its head again, with the suspension of two British right-wing broadcasters, Tommy Robinson and Raheem Kassam.

Robinson, the founder of the English Defence League, has been permanently banned from Facebook and Instagram for ‘repeatedly breaching’ their Community Standards by ‘posting material that uses dehumanizing language and calls for violence targeted at Muslims’, according to a Facebook blog post.

‘What they’re saying about me is complete lies,’ Robinson told Cockburn this morning. ‘What they’re saying about “hate” is all lies. This has happened because of my documentary, Panodrama. Every person they’ve deleted, all of them have been promoting that documentary.’...

https://spectator.us/robinson-kassam-facebook-right/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Robinson banned, Kassam disabled: Facebook cracks down on the harder right
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:47:31 pm »
In order to strengthen Facebook's position, the Republican President of the US, GW Bush,

Publicly stated "Islam is a Religion of Peace."

..not long thereafter, the voters of the US elected as President a Democrat named Barack, who was raised n a majority Islamic country and household.

Who am I to argue with the merican public? And its leaders?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 08:49:06 pm »
In order to strengthen Facebook's position, the Republican President of the US, GW Bush,

Publicly stated "Islam is a Religion of Peace."

..not long thereafter, the voters of the US elected as President a Democrat named Barack, who was raised n a majority Islamic country and household.

Who am I to argue with the merican public? And its leaders?

Sort of a consensus thing.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »
Sort of a consensus thing.

Quick story. Just days after 9/11/2001 my wife and I set off on a short trip. We stayed the first night in a motel in Santa Barbara, CA where we had stayed previously.

Around dusk we met a young couple also staying there, too. They were Swedes, on a USA trip.

In quick order they let me know they were not sympathetic with my negative views about the muslims that had recently attacked my country.

Sweden at that time, was in the early stages of enjoying the importation of Balkan (and other muslim) "refugees."

It wasn't worth spoiling our trip, to argue with them. 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln