Author Topic: Plan B for rebel Republicans: Wound Trump so he'll lose to a Democrat in general election  (Read 256 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Plan B for rebel Republicans: Wound Trump so he'll lose to a Democrat in general election
Washington Examiner, Feb 25, 2019, David M. Drucker

President Trump’s antagonists inside the Republican Party now have a fallback plan to scuttle his re-election: using the 2020 primary fight as a bludgeon to inflict irreparable political damage on him in the November general election.

The "Never Trump" movement’s preferred strategy is to recruit a formidable Republican who might block the president’s renomination, or at least mount an aggressive challenge that presses him all the way to the convention in Charlotte set for late summer next year. Efforts are underway to woo Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland and other top Republicans uneasy with Trump.

Short of that, key renegade Republicans are preparing to settle for Plan B: mortally wound him.

“The example of Pat Buchanan is certainly in the minds of many of us of a certain age; impossible to win, eminently possible to wound,” Rick Wilson, a Republican consultant and leading Trump foe, told the Washington Examiner.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/plan-b-for-rebel-republicans-wound-trump-so-hell-lose-to-a-democrat-in-general-election

Offline skeeter

"Rebel Republicans"? "Beltway or K St Republicans" is more accurate.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:12:33 am by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Rebel Republicans"? "Beltway or K St Republicans" is more accurate.

Chamber of Commerce puppets.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien