Author Topic: Tim Kaine's bishop 'outraged' at his vote against medical care for abortion survivors  (Read 430 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tim Kaine's bishop 'outraged' at his vote against medical care for abortion survivors
by John Gage
 | February 26, 2019 01:06 PM

Print this article

Tim Kaine's bishop harshly rebuked the Virginia Democrat Tuesday for his vote against legislation that would clarify that babies who survive attempted abortions must receive medical care.

“We are dismayed and outraged that Virginia’s U.S. Senators [Mark] Warner and Kaine voted against this critical lifesaving legislation,” Bishop Barry Knestout, the head of the Richmond Diocese of which Kaine is a member, said in a joint statement with Bishop Michael Burbidge of the Diocese of Arlington. “That this bill did not pass unanimously — let alone pass at all — is appalling and beyond comprehension.”

The bill in question, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act introduced by Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., failed to reach the necessary 60-vote threshold to get closure with a 53-44 final tally. The bill was generally supported by Republicans and opposed by Democrats, only three Democrats voting in favor. Democrats portrayed the bill as an attempt to limit abortion rights.

Kaine has said in the past that he has “a faith-based opposition” to abortion and "will work in good faith to reduce abortions" while supporting abortion rights.

On Monday night, he said that he opposed the Sasse legislation because Republicans had not followed regular order in advancing it.

"They didn't even want to bring it to committee and that tells me I don't think they had a real case to justify the bill," he said.

Kaine has attended St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in Richmond for decades.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/tim-kaines-bishop-outraged-at-his-vote-against-medical-care-for-abortion-survivors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Time has come to excommunicate Pelosi. Durbin Kaine and all these other so called catholic democrats.  Don't just withhold the sacraments but kick them the he'll out of the church.  They can go straight to hell.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Time has come to excommunicate Pelosi. Durbin Kaine and all these other so called catholic democrats.  Don't just withhold the sacraments but kick them the he'll out of the church.  They can go straight to hell.

goopo

Exactly,  I hold the same opinion and I said, I doubt if some of these folks even go to church.  Someone told me, I was being judgemental but so be it. They can go to H-E- double hockey sticks.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:54:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline mrclose

If Gosnell were practicing in New York, and he killed the newborns by cutting off their oxygen, he would have only been convicted of the manslaughter charge for killing one of the mothers; the murders he committed (of the newborns) wouldn't even be considered homicides.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
When the Roman Catholic Church is headed by pedophiles, why would anyone expect this church of cretins to be populated by anything different than people that violate the basic tenants of the church, the Ten Commandments?   One of the fundamental beliefs is Thou shall not kill...yet they are perfectly fine with murdering the most vulnerable human, and now the newly born.  Soon it will be up to the age of two or three.  Then we will start on the other end, and kill those over age 70 if they become a burden to society, and eventually, we might just get to Logan's Run age of 30 and out.