Author Topic: George W. Bush Center Slams Trump’s Plan to Boost Jobs for U.S. Graduates  (Read 443 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

George W. Bush Center Slams Trump’s Plan to Boost Jobs for U.S. Graduates
Breitbart, Feb 23, 2019

[...]

Trump’s pending regulation reportedly would end the policy of giving bonus work permits to wives of foreign workers who have H-1B visas, and would, therefore, shift jobs and salaries from foreign temporary workers to American graduates.

The H-1B program allows foreign visa-workers — but not spouses — to take middle-class jobs from Americans. But the H-1B salaries are very low, so the bonus program allows the spouses to supplement the family income. The extra income encourages the lower wage H-1B workers to stay in the United States instead of returning home after several years.

Roughly 100,000 bonus work permits have been issued via the program, which is dubbed the “H4EAD” program.

This bonus program was created by former President Barack Obama — without any approval by Congress — because many H-1B workers from India are leaving the United States. The Indians are leaving because they know they have to work and wait many years to get the real payoff for their low-wage H-1B work — a green card which would allow them and their extended families to move to the United States.

But each Indian H-1B who leaves opens up a middle-class job for an American graduate, marking another success for Trump’s Inauguration Day promise of “Hire American.”  Trump’s Hire American promise, however, is a financial problem for companies because Americans must be paid in dollars, not with government-supplied green cards.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/23/george-w-bush-center-slams-trumps-plan-boost-jobs-u-s-graduates/

Online rustynail

All these talking buildings.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I didn't realize 0bama droppings like this were still lying around. Maybe we need to reassign some of those H1B workers to help clean them up faster?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA