Author Topic: Hogan Rips RNC For Shielding Trump From Primary Challenge  (Read 428 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Hogan Rips RNC For Shielding Trump From Primary Challenge
« on: February 22, 2019, 01:13:01 am »
Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said Thursday he expects to make a springtime trip to New Hampshire as he weighs a 2020 challenge to Donald Trump — and accused the Republican National Committee of going to extraordinary lengths to shield the president from a potentially draining primary.

“Typically they try to be fair arbiters of a process and I’ve never seen anything like it and I’ve been involved in the Republican Party for most of my life. It’s unprecedented. And in my opinion it’s not the way we should be going about our politics,” Hogan, a popular two-term Maryland governor, said in an interview with POLITICO. “It’s very undemocratic and to say, ‘We’re in some cases not going to allow a debate, we may not have a primary…’”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/21/larry-hogan-2020-trump-1179635
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Hogan Rips RNC For Shielding Trump From Primary Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 01:18:00 am »
As a former Maryland resident, I was surprised a Republican was elected governor (twice). Years ago, I was surprised Romney won in a deep blue state, but it didn’t take long to figure out why. Some of Hogan’s positions seem to come from that mold.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:02:51 am »
As a former Maryland resident, I was surprised a Republican was elected governor (twice). Years ago, I was surprised Romney won in a deep blue state, but it didn’t take long to figure out why. Some of Hogan’s positions seem to come from that mold.
He's about as Conservative as a guy can be and still get elected in the People's Republic of Maryland.

A lot of freedom lost there since I moved away...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:16:52 pm »

@edpc

They run as Republicans because there is only one Dim nominee,and they know they can't get it.

Also,it keeps the illusion alive we still have two parties.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!