Author Topic: Coast Guard lieutenant, dubbed 'domestic terrorist,' had hit list of media bigs and Dem lawmakers: p  (Read 3926 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The guy is a hero.

@The Ghost

Only to the insane,who,of course,would be his natural fan base.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@TheGhost

TBR does not agree with your post and nor does it condone violence on any person....this guy was/is a domestic terrorist....period!

I would appreciate it if you would remove that post.

@mystery-ak

None of my business,but why not allow him to express his thoughts so he can be told how wrong he is and why?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

None of my business,but why not allow him to express his thoughts so he can be told how wrong he is and why?

I have reconsidered...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

I am flabbergasted that there’s actually some who express, at least a modicum, of sympathy for the guy.

What if he was successful at caring out his heinous plan  and someone they cared about was affected?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

But   You have to ask where they got the letter?

A spreadsheet of Ranking Democrats and Liberals for a hit list? Not even password protected? On the hard drive?

Seriously? too easy!

And
Either a patsy or a nutcase.

@Smokin Joe

We are supposed to believe this guy spent years in the Pentegram as a USCG officer and none of the security checks stumbled across all this "evidence" newspapers seem to have no trouble finding?

Yeah,I know the USCG isn't really involved in war planning,but they are a HUGE factor when it comes to smuggling drugs,foreign agents,illegal aliens,bales of cash,etc,etc,etc, into the country,and I flat refuse to believe the overseers at the Pentegram doesn't keep a close eye on the Coasties that work there.

Is there ANY doubt in anyone's mind that some key USCG members are offered insane amounts of cash to tip off criminal cartels about patrol routes,times,code words,etc,etc,etc? Who REALLY thinks the US Government is going to overlook this?

AND this guy was a 49 year old O-3? Nobody is ever going to accuse him of being an over-performer! Talk about a low-hanging fruit if you are looking for someone disgruntled to subvert and turn into an agent,he would be so "over the top too good to be true" that I would hesitate to even approach him. By all that is rational,he should have been forced into retirement 10 + years ago.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:18:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah... I probably have easily 10 times that just in 22 longs.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

Back when I was running a lot of 45 ACP through my old Combat Commander,I used to keep a box with 500 empty cases beside my chair so I could deprime them while watching tv. As a general rule,I kept 1,000 loaded rounds of 45 ACP with 200gr flat-based SWC on hand at all times. Then I got too busy to have time to shoot for several years,so I probably still have 1000+ rounds of loaded 45 ACP packed away in a box somewhere.

You can shoot a LOT when all you have to do is go out in your yard and set up targets.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

We are supposed to believe this guy spent years in the Pentegram as a USCG officer and none of the security checks stumbled across all this "evidence" newspapers seem to have no trouble finding?

Yeah,I know the USCG isn't really involved in war planning,but they are a HUGE factor when it comes to smuggling drugs,foreign agents,illegal aliens,bales of cash,etc,etc,etc, into the country,and I flat refuse to believe the overseers at the Pentegram doesn't keep a close eye on the Coasties that work there.

Is there ANY doubt in anyone's mind that some key USCG members are offered insane amounts of cash to tip off criminal cartels about patrol routes,times,code words,etc,etc,etc? Who REALLY thinks the US Government is going to overlook this?

AND this guy was a 49 year old O-3? Nobody is ever going to accuse him of being an over-performer! Talk about a low-hanging fruit if you are looking for someone disgruntled to subvert and turn into an agent,he would be so "over the top too good to be true" that I would hesitate to even approach him. By all that is rational,he should have been forced into retirement 10 + years ago.
Well, Coast Guard ranks are like Navy Ranks, the Lieutenant is equivalent to an Army Captain. He must have been useful to someone, or at least a ready whipping boy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah... I probably have easily 10 times that just in 22 longs.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

I am reasonably certain I have a couple of thousand 22 LR rounds laying around. Which reminds me,I still need to replace my old Ruger target pistol that I sold when I needed some fast cash. Big,big mistake.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sure they are. But the imagery is in place. It's all about the imagery.

The guy apparently didn't rave that he was going to shoot people, he was looking for a germ.
Okay, that isn't playing nice, but he didn't kill anyone, and was indiscreet to flap his lips about it, either in person or electronic form.

But they still have pictures of the guns--ooooh! an Arse-nal.

Like I said, about average in these parts, a few handguns, a couple of shotguns, a couple/three .22s, a couple of hunting type rifles, one tactical looking, and three black rifles, a little battle rattle, but Only five ammo cans? (piker). Oh and those "deadly high capacity clips" (banned in MD, iirc, though maybe he had some sort of active duty dispensation.

That's the meme the imagery pushes, evil, extreme right-wing domestic (Coast Guard) terrorist with GUNS! Yeah, there's other stuff in the pile, looks like a couple of sets of body armor plates, either suppressors or flashlights, some battle rattle (load bearing vest, belt, pack, etc.) a bunch of magazines and boxed ammo.

If this guy has been hobnobbing with 'extremists' for 30 years, he's been on the radar for a while.

So why now?

@Smokin Joe

It's going to take a while to convince me this guy wasn't "bait" that was "tied up on a field to bleet in order to see what he would attract". There is just too much that doesn't fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were several more arrests made over the next several months,and this guy will be the key witness at their trials.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, Coast Guard ranks are like Navy Ranks, the Lieutenant is equivalent to an Army Captain. He must have been useful to someone, or at least a ready whipping boy.

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,I know. That is why I identified him as an O-3

How many 49 year old US Army,USN,USMC,or USAF 0-3's have you seen?

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,I know. That is why I identified him as an O-3

How many 49 year old US Army,USN,USMC,or USAF 0-3's have you seen?
Well, how old were they when they joined up? But I get your point. Not exactly a hard charger...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Back when I was running a lot of 45 ACP through my old Combat Commander,I used to keep a box with 500 empty cases beside my chair so I could deprime them while watching tv. As a general rule,I kept 1,000 loaded rounds of 45 ACP with 200gr flat-based SWC on hand at all times. Then I got too busy to have time to shoot for several years,so I probably still have 1000+ rounds of loaded 45 ACP packed away in a box somewhere.

You can shoot a LOT when all you have to do is go out in your yard and set up targets.

@sneakypete
I probably have at least 1000 rounds for everything I own... Except the long range stuff...
And I can't even begin to know how much I have here in 12ga.  :shrug:

With little exception, I have bought at least 50 bucks worth a month since I was 14 years old. Eventually you hit a balance... The only thing that sucks is when one retires something... I got out of .44 mag a few years ago, and Colt .45  a few years before that... And I still have piles of rounds around for both..

The Colt .45 doesn't bother me, as I am going back to it as soon as I can, but I have to figure out what to do with all the .44...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The guy is a hero.

He is a dumb ass of the first order!  On many levels in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Morning Mix
‘They hate white males’: A Norwegian mass murderer inspired the Coast Guard officer plotting terror, feds say

Law enforcement agents said they also turned up a locked briefcase filled with more than 30 bottles of what appeared to be human growth hormone, a drug used by athletes and bodybuilders who believe that it augments muscle mass and boosts speed. Neither the supplements nor the opioid pills, also seized by authorities, had been amassed on doctor’s orders.

According to court records, Christopher Paul Hasson found inspiration for beefing up elsewhere — in a 1,500 page manifesto prepared by Anders Behring Breivik, the right-wing Norwegian extremist who killed 77 people, many of them children, in a bomb-and-gun rampage in 2011 that he called his “martyrdom operation.”

More at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/21/they-hate-white-males-norwegian-mass-murderer-inspired-coast-guard-officer-plotting-terror-feds-say/?utm_term=.2002dc84fb10

That's bad if he idolized that Norwegian, Breivik.... I haven't kept up real close with this story.  I was not aware of his name, Hasson. Maybe these are new details.

https://www.sott.net/article/407730-Self-proclaimed-white-nationalist-arrested-for-planning-a-mass-terror-attack-the-government-says
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:54:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, how old were they when they joined up? But I get your point. Not exactly a hard charger...

@Smokin Joe

I never tried to run a survey,but almost ALL the 0-3's I knew in the army were all in their mid-20's. By the time you were in your 40's you were either a 0-4 or a civilian. Granted,I spent almost all my time in Special Forces,which may tend to distort the picture some due to all the Type A personalities that found a home there,but I am guessing the competition in Big Army for 0-4 slots is pretty intense due to the huge number of 0-3's and the relatively fewer available 0-4 slots.

And it goes without saying that in Big Army,the prime 0-4 slots are in command positions and reserved for the Ring Knockers. Anybody that thinks Affirmative Action is new to the army is obviously not aware of how West Point graduates are treated compared to "outsider scum".

Back when I was still working as an advisor with SFTG I once entered the base camp after midnight,and caught a perimeter guard sleeping in his sleeping bag with the mic from his radio ran inside the bag so he could hear the radio and wake up. I unplugged the mic,and stole his rucksack with his radio,and his SAW,and went on my way back to my tent without even waking him up. I DID wake up the senior SFTG NCO at the camp and tell him what I had done and gave him the classified radio,the rucksack,and the MG,though.

Come to find out this guy was a WP grad and a 0-3. He was looking a mite sheepish when he woke up the next morning and walked into camp after sunup and had to report his radio,his rucksack,and his M-249 missing,though. You ain't seen panic until you have seen a classified radio and a machine gun disappear. The SFTG cadre acted shocked and panicked,and I thought the guy was going to have a stroke due to panic before they admitted the senior NCO had all that stuff in his tent,and he could have them back right after explaining how and why he lost them to the Colonel coming up that morning to visit with him.

We all just KNEW he was going to get booted out of the program,as he should have been. Falling asleep on guard duty while on a combat mission is about as serious as screwing up gets in the army,but they ended up recycling him by letting him join a fresh student class getting ready to enter the final field test phase of the program,and damned if he didn't graduate and get assigned to a team. Or so I was later told,anyhow.

I am sure what happened is the WPPA got their heads together to make sure a fellow ring-knocker graduated,and to preserve the honor of WP,had him assigned to a training team for a year that didn't go anywhere,and then got him transferred to a conventional non-combat unit where he could do no harm.

Or at least I hope that is what happened.

The youngest and least experienced Private in the entire US Army KNOWS the biggest sin is to fall asleep on guard duty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am flabbergasted that there’s actually some who express, at least a modicum, of sympathy for the guy.

What if he was successful at caring out his heinous plan  and someone they cared about was affected?

Not a chance in Hell that this guy would have ever done a thing!  Just another loudmouth wanabe!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

If he admired that Breivik guy, Breivik went around some summer youth camp and shot the kids... that's about as low as can be. Maybe he was looking for an easy target and has no soul.

Some of those supplements might mess with someone's mind but I wouldn't call this a factor yet until we know more.

The guy who shot up the Pittsburgh Synagogue was in his 40s or older as well I think.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:58:07 pm by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I never tried to run a survey,but almost ALL the 0-3's I knew in the army were all in their mid-20's. By the time you were in your 40's you were either a 0-4 or a civilian. Granted,I spent almost all my time in Special Forces,which may tend to distort the picture some due to all the Type A personalities that found a home there,but I am guessing the competition in Big Army for 0-4 slots is pretty intense due to the huge number of 0-3's and the relatively fewer available 0-4 slots.

And it goes without saying that in Big Army,the prime 0-4 slots are in command positions and reserved for the Ring Knockers. Anybody that thinks Affirmative Action is new to the army is obviously not aware of how West Point graduates are treated compared to "outsider scum".

Back when I was still working as an advisor with SFTG I once entered the base camp after midnight,and caught a perimeter guard sleeping in his sleeping bag with the mic from his radio ran inside the bag so he could hear the radio and wake up. I unplugged the mic,and stole his rucksack with his radio,and his SAW,and went on my way back to my tent without even waking him up. I DID wake up the senior SFTG NCO at the camp and tell him what I had done and gave him the classified radio,the rucksack,and the MG,though.

Come to find out this guy was a WP grad and a 0-3. He was looking a mite sheepish when he woke up the next morning and walked into camp after sunup and had to report his radio,his rucksack,and his M-249 missing,though. You ain't seen panic until you have seen a classified radio and a machine gun disappear. The SFTG cadre acted shocked and panicked,and I thought the guy was going to have a stroke due to panic before they admitted the senior NCO had all that stuff in his tent,and he could have them back right after explaining how and why he lost them to the Colonel coming up that morning to visit with him.

We all just KNEW he was going to get booted out of the program,as he should have been. Falling asleep on guard duty while on a combat mission is about as serious as screwing up gets in the army,but they ended up recycling him by letting him join a fresh student class getting ready to enter the final field test phase of the program,and damned if he didn't graduate and get assigned to a team. Or so I was later told,anyhow.

I am sure what happened is the WPPA got their heads together to make sure a fellow ring-knocker graduated,and to preserve the honor of WP,had him assigned to a training team for a year that didn't go anywhere,and then got him transferred to a conventional non-combat unit where he could do no harm.

Or at least I hope that is what happened.

The youngest and least experienced Private in the entire US Army KNOWS the biggest sin is to fall asleep on guard duty.
Makes  you wonder if he wasn't part of a similar goat breeding operation. It is my civilian understanding (from friends) that all the service academies have similar protective associations for the academy, while the offender gets shunted off to where they can do no harm.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
  It is my civilian understanding (from friends) that all the service academies have similar protective associations for the academy, while the offender gets shunted off to where they can do no harm.

@Smokin Joe

I don't KNOW that to be true,but would be shocked if it weren't.

The under-performers tend to get shifted off to positions where they can do no harm,and where there is not one chance in hell of them ever being promoted,so they eventually get discharged as excess baggage with honorable discharges. Many (all?) retain their commissions as Reserve Officers in case a war breaks out and they are needed,and I guess some get attached to reserve or NG units. This is just speculation on my part,though.

The ones whose "springs got wound down" end up in VA psyche wards or similar places. It's just done quietly so as not to embarrass anyone. Nothing wrong with that,IMHO. I even approve of it.

Offline Victoria33

Less than Cecil B. DeMille.
@dfwgator
@mystery-ak
@QueenCatofAragon
@Freya
@Cyber Liberty
@Smokin Joe
@sneakypete

This story has nothing to do with this thread but it is about Cecil B. DeMille since you, dfwgator, brought up his name.  I met him and spent time with him.  How could this happen?

"His last and most famous film, The Ten Commandments (1956), also a Best Picture Academy Award nominee, is currently the seventh-highest-grossing film of all time, adjusted for inflation."

I was in my early 20s, and was the chaperone for a group of high school seniors at a hotel in Tyler, Texas.  I was wearing an evening gown as the female seniors were.  Four seniors, two girls, two boys, asked where the restrooms were. The bathrooms were on the mezzanine floor.  I went with them to show them where the bathrooms were.  There was a door to a room on that floor with a sign, "Cecil B. DeMille is here".

Before I could stop them, the boys knocked loudly on the door, and they ran, including the girls. There I was, alone, in front of the door, and DeMille opened the door.  I apologized for the students doing that, and he invited me in.

He had finished "The Ten Commandments" and was there to speak to a church the next morning. He talked to me about that movie and the main thing I remember is this:  He said, "When I make a movie about the Bible, I try to stay true to it. I want to tell the real story."  DeMille was a believer in God. Is there one like him in Hollywood now?

He asked me to come to the church the next morning, and I did.  I sat on the front pew, he acknowledged me by looking and smiling at me.  He spoke about his belief in God and making "The Ten Commandments".

Because of two boys knocking on a door, I met and talked with Cecil B. DeMille.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:23:56 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline thackney

More likely a patsy. Look at the keywords....

"Stockpiled" (Kept in the basement/closet)

"15 firearms" (a pretty average family gun rack in these parts)

"Conservatively 1000 rounds of ammunition"  (Enough for a family fun day at the old gravel pit)

Now, that stuff really isn't so abnormal out here in flyover country....

But   You have to ask where they got the letter?

A spreadsheet of Ranking Democrats and Liberals for a hit list? Not even password protected? On the hard drive?

Seriously? too easy!

And
Either a patsy or a nutcase.

Now the unfortunate part is at the top of this post. The guy who was going to kill the world using some bug had....
"Stockpiled" (Kept in the basement/closet)

"15 firearms" (a pretty average family gun rack in these parts)

"Conservatively 1000 rounds of ammunition"

None of which, in and of itself is illegal (except for scary black rifles with 30 round mags in Maryland, which has a fetish about not having to reload often). But it associates those items with a nutcase who is going to wipe out the world. And media is all about associations and reactions.

But take over the world?
Hold my beer, Pinky!

No hero, just a nutcase or a patsy.

Hey, that picture includes those a high power ruger 10/22 and a single-shot shotgun.  Pile it up to make it scary.

1,000 rounds of ammo?  Come on...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

Because of two boys knocking on a door, I met and talked with Cecil B. DeMille.

Well I can't beat that, @Victoria33 ... but I can recount a tale from when I was painting. One of the quality control guys from a mill where we often obtained wood products to paint always signed his name on the product in bright orange... 'Cecil B'... He was a favorite of ours, as his eye was very good for his work...

Needless to say, around the shop, he was nicknamed Cecil B da miller.  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline thackney

...I got out of .44 mag a few years ago, and Colt .45  a few years before that... And I still have piles of rounds around for both..

The Colt .45 doesn't bother me, as I am going back to it as soon as I can, but I have to figure out what to do with all the .44...

@roamer_1

Hey, over here...

https://www.easypost.com/usps-flat-rate-boxes-and-pricing
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

@The Ghost

Only to the insane,who,of course,would be his natural fan base.

Totally agreed , @sneakypete

Maybe it was a joke out of place, but you've also got some going macho on their own weapons, ignoring this guy apparently idolized a mass murderer like Breivik, killing 70 children.   We'll see how this pans out. The guy is also tied to plans to make a bomb or something. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Not sure, why some points of the story take priority over others.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:49:34 pm by TomSea »

Offline QueenCatofAragon

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh