Author Topic: Trump Takes Back $1 Billion from California; Gavin Newsom Complains: ‘Political Retribution’  (Read 697 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
19 Feb 2019

The Trump administration announced Tuesday that it was canceling a federal grant to California worth nearly $1 billion after Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the cancelation of the state’s high-speed rail project last week.

Newsom used his “State of the State” address Feb. 12 to cancel the San Francisco-to-Los Angeles project, saying it “would cost too much and, respectfully, would take too long” to complete.

However, he told legislators he wanted to complete the portion of the bullet train under construction in the rural Central Valley, lest the state lose federal dollars granted to California by President Barack Obama as part of the 2009 stimulus: “I am not interested in sending $3.5 billion in federal funding that was allocated to this project back to Donald Trump,” Newsom said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/19/gavin-newsom-trump-takes-back-nearly-1-billion-from-california-after-high-speed-rail-canceled/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

What a bleeping baby. This state's politicians are beyond embarrassing.

Offline mountaineer

Dare I ask why the state should get money for a non-existent project?  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll have to research further, but I seem to remembe the punk POTUS obama putting the screws to us in Texas a few times during his dictatorship.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"Willi Green Weeps"

And I wonder how many landowners, forced to sell via imminent domain, sue to get their land back?

The area in question is (or could be) valuable farmland, and/or oil production.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

For a measly $1 billion, he won't have to send the guard back to the border.  How can he bellyache about such a fine deal? :silly:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
What a bleeping baby. This state's politicians are beyond embarrassing.

Breeding will tell.

Gavin was Mayor of SF concurrently with Kamala Harris playing at being DA.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"...back to Donald Trump"??

It isn't Donald Trump's money, it belongs to the American Taxpayers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis