Author Topic: HAMMER: Roberts And Kavanaugh’s Death Penalty Betrayal Again Shows Why Conservatives Never Win The L  (Read 6862 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Josh Hammer
@josh_hammer
February 19, 2019
11.9k views

How many betrayals from Republican-nominated Supreme Court Justices will it take to finally convince conservatives that the judicial deck is systemically stacked against us in such a way that we will simply never ultimately prevail?

Harry Blackmun, who authored the murderous atrocity of Roe v. Wade, was a Republican judicial nominee. John Paul Stevens, a leftist lion for decades on the Supreme Court, was a Republican judicial nominee. Anthony Kennedy, who did more than anyone to disingenuously codify the homosexual rights agenda into the Fourteenth Amendment, was a Republican judicial nominee. The infamous turncoat David Souter was a Republican judicial nominee.

Alas, Chief Justice John Roberts was a Republican judicial nominee. And — take some deep breaths, judicial supremacists — Justice Brett Kavanaugh was a Republican judicial nominee.

Democrats, who nominate jurists based on the grotesque ruse of "living constitutionalism" and barely feign that their "jurisprudence" is inherently anything other than outcome-determinative, never miss with their Supreme Court nominees. In baseball terminology, their batting average is approximately 1.000. Republicans, at best, seem to bat .400.

Today, Roberts and Kavanaugh yet again demonstrated to the legal conservative movement the fallacy of putting all one's eggs in the alluring basket of the Supreme Court.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/43689/hammer-roberts-and-kavanaughs-death-penalty-josh-hammer
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It seems clear that the Chief Justice and Justice Kavanaugh are already duking it out to see who can better anoint himself the "new Anthony Kennedy."

To date, I’m sure Roberts has the upper hand. As a clerk and replacement for Kennedy, this was a concern about Kavanaugh. However, he’s way to new to know that.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Bill Cipher

Or maybe the time has just come to admit that the death penalty is a barbarity that doesn’t belong in a civilized society. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Or maybe the time has just come to admit that the death penalty is a barbarity that doesn’t belong in a civilized society.

My how Progressive of you.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Gotta disagree there. If anything, capital punishment has gotten more humane. We now have lethal injection, multiple appeals, and decades on death row, prior to full sentence. IMO, if you’re convicted of a capital crime, beyond a reasonable doubt, especially through hard forensics, you’ve demonstrated you’re unwilling to share this world. We’ll help with your exit.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gotta disagree there. If anything, capital punishment has gotten more humane. We now have lethal injection, multiple appeals, and decades on death row, prior to full sentence. IMO, if you’re convicted of a capital crime, beyond a reasonable doubt, especially through hard forensics, you’ve demonstrated you’re unwilling to share this world. We’ll help with your exit.

If it were up to me you’d have 365 days from your conviction to make one appeal. No more than 6 months after the timing in your appeal you’re dead.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nope. We need to make an express lane to punish barbarity.   We will never be a "civilized" society as long as we have uncivilized people.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Bill Cipher

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So murder is conservative?

The death penalty isn’t murder.

What the person did to get on death row is murder. 

There’s a difference you Libs never comprehend.

Let the punishment for the crime.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Murder is why we have the death penalty.  Liberals are why the death penalty takes a toll on justice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Murder is why we have the death penalty.  Liberals are why the death penalty takes a toll on justice.

QFT

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There are well known capital crimes. No one forced anyone to commit them, but by any measure some crimes are so horrible, so contrary to human nature, that those crimes are cause to keep those who commit them from ever reentering the rest of humanity.

These are not the insane, nor those who can plead temporary insanity under the influence, but those who calmly and with forethought and malice commit heinous crimes, including "crimes against humanity".

While we need ever be careful that no innocent person is convicted, that is a matter of cleaning up the courts and those who prosecute cases (and bring them).

These are often unrepentant, admitted killers who have been confronted with physical evidence of their crimes, who have shown knowledge of those crimes which would only be known to the killer, given locations of bodies, etc. These are not innocent people.

Their death, and in this we especially digress, for I would have it public, and brutal enough to dissuade others, could serve as a deterrent to others who might consider committing similar crimes.

For what cause would you preserve them in a prison population where there are those who might be inspired by them to follow in their footsteps?

Would you say the hangings after Nuremberg were murder, too? After Lincoln's assassination?

If not, where do you place the cutoff?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Everyone needs to step back and realize why the man is behind bars.

in 1980, Moore entered a grocery store with intent to rob it.  Moore was armed with a gun which he used to execute a 70 year old store clerk by shooting him in the head.

He fled the scene

Regardless of whether he was later mentally incapable, he certainly used what ever brain he had to

1. arm himself with a deadly weapon
2. enter a store so armed with intent to rob
3. execute a store employee by a head shot
4. flee the murder scene

These are hard irrefutable facts.

How does any of this square with whether he was disabled mentally?

A man is dead.

So should Moore be.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Nope.

Online roamer_1

If it were up to me you’d have 365 days from your conviction to make one appeal. No more than 6 months after the timing in your appeal you’re dead.

Yep. And bullets are cheap.

Online roamer_1

There are well known capital crimes. No one forced anyone to commit them, but by any measure some crimes are so horrible, so contrary to human nature, that those crimes are cause to keep those who commit them from ever reentering the rest of humanity.

Yep. In the words of Ron White, "If you kill someone, we'll kill you back..."

Pretty simple to me.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Death penalty isn't revenge and it isn't murder. It is justice. It is a just punishment for the most heinous crimes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If there remains a question as to the convict's mental disability, why would we not support the side of caution?  Shouldn't we want  conclusive evidence the convict is/was not disabled at the time of the crime before we put him to death?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If there remains a question as to the convict's mental disability, why would we not support the side of caution?  Shouldn't we want  conclusive evidence the convict is/was not disabled at the time of the crime before we put him to death?
Read #13

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline goatprairie

Do you know how many innocent people have been killed by escaped or paroled murderers? It's in the hundreds. They just had a corrections officer in Minnesota killed by a convicted murderer last summer at Stillwater State Prison.  What do you say to the families of those people? Sorry, but we couldn't execute the killer who murdered your loved one?

As death penalty advocates are quick to point out, if they had been executed for their initial killings several other people would still be alive. One website lists 59 convicted murderers in the U.S. who killed again between the mid-1960s and mid-1990s.

"Jimmy Lee Gray
No tears were shed in September 1983 when Jimmy Lee Gray was gassed in the state prison at Parchman, Mississippi, even though it was a gruesome business.

Not even Gray’s mother wept; she had earlier written to Governor William Winter and the Mississippi Supreme Court pleading that her son not be spared, saying that he “deserved to die.”

In 1968, Gray had murdered his 16-year-old girlfriend by slitting her throat. He served seven years in an Arizona prison for that crime before he was paroled over the objection of the judge who sentenced him.

He was not long out of prison before he raped and murdered three-year-old Deressa Jean Seales in June 1976. The crime was particularly horrific and drew condemnation from all quarters in the U.S.

Jimmy Lee Gray’s end at the hands of a drunken executioner was particularly grisly. It took him eight minutes to die all the while gasping, screaming, and thrashing wildly against the restraints that pinned him to the chair. But, as many observers noted, his death was no worse than the merciless violation of his child victim.

Eye-for-eye justice"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:19:25 am by goatprairie »

Online roamer_1

At what cost?
Shall we then keep him locked up for the rest of his life at a cost of 40k or better a year?
Or send him to a funny farm at the cost of 70k a year?
Or just let him go so he can practice his disability again?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

What doesn't belong in a civil society are the perps who murder and rape. Some people just need killing. Why should society pay for their food, housing and medical care for decades after the atrocities they commit? The process needs to be streamlined and carried out quickly.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online LMAO

@Bill Cipher

I do agree with you somewhat of what you’re saying here but I look at it from a different angle.

People have gone to prison for crimes they did not commit. I recall something  a few years ago where the governor, I think it was of Ohio, suspended death sentences because new DNA evidence cleared some people. Now imagine what would’ve happened to those people if it was too late?

i’m not real keen on the death penalty. My reason is because our criminal justice system is not perfect and flawless. On the flipside of that,  there are some pretty bad individuals out there that it’s hard to feel any kind of sympathy for should they  be put to death by the state.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:08:52 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Bill Cipher

@Bill Cipher

I do agree with you somewhat of what you’re saying here but I look at it from a different angle.

People have gone to prison for crimes they did not commit. I recall something  a few years ago where the governor, I think it was of Ohio, suspended death sentences because new DNA evidence cleared some people. Now imagine what would’ve happened to those people if it was too late?

i’m not real keen on the death penalty. My reason is because our criminal justice system is not perfect and flawless. On the flipside of that,  there are some pretty bad individuals out there that it’s hard to feel any kind of sympathy for should they  be put to death by the state.

Understood. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

At what cost?
Shall we then keep him locked up for the rest of his life at a cost of 40k or better a year?

Yes.  Otherwise you're actually saying we have a financial line in the sand and regardless of evidence, or lack thereof, we will kill you because keeping you alive is over budget.