Author Topic: Ted Cruz BLINDSIDES Lifelong Politicians With New Measure That Could End Their Careers  (Read 1884 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Cruz BLINDSIDES Lifelong Politicians With New Measure That Could End Their Careers
February 19, 2019 Martin

Sen. Ted Cruz is going after Congress, and they are not going to be happy with the new measure that he has introduced.

As noted by the Houston Chronicle, the Texas Republican wants to place term limits on members of Congress.

Cruz and Florida GOP Rep. Francis Rooney introduced an amendment last week that would limit U.S. Senators to two 6-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three 2-year terms.

If Cruz’s amendment to the U.S. Constitution were passed in Congress, it would only take effect after it is passed and signed into law.

https://ilovemyfreedom.org/congress-dazed-by-ted-cruzs-take-down-their-careers-could-be-over-with-new-measure/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:24:34 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

This is some kind of political posturing since he has to know it will NEVER get through this house and is unlikely to get through the senate.  He'll be lucky if it comes to a vote in either chamber. tri22

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is some kind of political posturing since he has to know it will NEVER get through this house and is unlikely to get through the senate.  He'll be lucky if it comes to a vote in either chamber. tri22

I don't think it's political posturing but Ted knows perfectly well it won't pass now.

I think he's trying to call attention to this issue nationally so that the public may eventually get behind it.

It is direly needed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline verga

He needs to be pounding this from the roof tops and mountain tops as well.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Nice grandstandin', but you know as well as I that it's all for show and goin' nowhere...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
We really need term limits when the speaker of the house doesn't know if its Thanksgiving or Valentines day.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It wasn't too damn many years ago that this would have ended a Republican's career.

And it seems he is still more interested in that than securing the border.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline goodwithagun

We really need term limits when the speaker of the house doesn't know if its Thanksgiving or Valentines day.

If she has another lift she’s going to need to bikini wax her chin.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's right. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

ewe, yeah.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz camp mocks Bible:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Politics
‘Pro-Life’ Ted Cruz Skips Vote on Budget Amendment to Defund Planned Parenthood

A “true conservative” and alleged “pro-life” Senator skipped a crucial vote last week that would have given Republicans the opportunity follow through on the promise of defunding Planned Parenthood.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) opted to hit the campaign trail in Texas instead of voting on one of the top issues concerning his Republican constituents.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/pro-life-ted-cruz-skips-vote-on-budget-amendment-to-defund-planned-parenthood/

Offline corbe

I meant that above pic for the Trump/Ivanka World gay campaign Thread and I'm too intellectually lazy to report it to the mods for action.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No matter how many times you post this...your still purposely promoting a lie.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Mod5

I understand the topic is a measure introduced by Ted Cruz.  Is that correct?

Good.  Let's stay on that topic and not rehash old hash.

Offline roamer_1

LOL! Goatees are in these days... But usually on dudes... But then, I am a traditionalist.  :shrug:

:beer:

Offline MoMo

Ted is just trying to stay relevant in this golden age of President Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a feeling this won't pass constitutional muster.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have a feeling this won't pass constitutional muster.

If it's an amendment, it should.

And, yes, an amendment is always a long shot, but they've been passed, what 25 times before?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it's an amendment, it should.

And, yes, an amendment is always a long shot, but they've been passed, what 25 times before?

I think it will take an amendment.  I have a feeling the Ratification by the States would be a breeze, it's the Congress that won't let it happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
And it seems he is still more interested in that than securing the border.

Take what you Can get.

Leave the rest for others to unscramble.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Always funny to watch the GOP eat their own.  Especially when Sen Cruz was a hero of the right 5 years ago.  I'm old enough to remember when he spent all summer promoting a government shutdown to try and stop Obamacare.  I know he didn't call it a shutdown he called it defunding Obamacare.  Sen Cruz thought Americans had principles and would fight for their freedom.  I would think the GOP would have a little gratitude to Cruz for showing Trump how stand up for America and fail with a shutdown.  I appreciate him.  Slapping President Trump around for repeating the history he forgot 5 years ago makes my life more exciting. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEr2NjxoJg

Then Sen Cruz spent the next year along with Breitbart, Freedomwatch, and the Senate Conservative Fund trying to primary the Senate swamp that abandoned him, since he couldn't really go after the American people.
The swamp didn't drain.

That's just how I saw it.  Let me know if you saw it differently.