Author Topic: On wall, Trump made the worst deals — with worse to come by Quin Hillyer  (Read 478 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On wall, Trump made the worst deals — with worse to come
by Quin Hillyer
 | February 18, 2019 08:44 AM

It would be nice if, just once, one of President Trump’s fervid supporters would admit just how stupendously incompetent he is proving to be.

The latest example is perhaps the most egregious. The very fact that this president is trying to use dubious executive authority to solve a spurious “national emergency,” to finance a wall he said Mexico would pay for, to make an end-run around a Congress that had offered him more wall money than he eventually settled for, after costing taxpayers billions of dollars and a nightmare of lost services in a government “shutdown” he deliberately engineered while having no idea how to “win” it, should make it blindingly obvious that he is as feeble a negotiator as the Oval Office has ever seen.

Toto has pulled back the curtain. The wizard is a blowhard and a fraud.

Trump was the one who elevated the “wall” from a moderately important need to a symbol of totemic importance. Trump was the one who said he could make it happen, and that it would be easy. It was Trump who said he would make Democrats bend to his will on the issue, thus turning a give-and-take negotiating scenario into a test of testosterone. How ironic that he lost that particular test to the nation’s first female speaker of the House.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/on-wall-trump-made-the-worst-deals-with-worse-to-come
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

That’s a strongly worded piece.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
He shouldn't have ended the shutdown.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Bill Cipher

He shouldn't have ended the shutdown.

He shouldn’t have started the shutdown.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
He shouldn’t have started the shutdown.

They weren't willing to work with him in a reasonable way and still aren't. That was his opportunity to make the left desperate and gain their capitulation. The problem is he gave in before they did. The shutdown was absolutely the right choice. Caving to the left was the wrong choice.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:19:10 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

That’s a strongly worded piece.

Mr Hillyer sounds hysterical to me.

Trump deserves criticism for the outcome of the recent bill. But the lions share goes to the GOP in congress, who seemed to have eluded any responsibility in Mr Hillyer's eyes, that actually 'negotiated' the specific contents of this 'deal'. With friends like those.

Has anyone heard from minority leader McCarthy recently?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:21:02 pm by skeeter »