Author Topic: Majority of California Residents Want to Leave: Poll  (Read 2491 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Majority of California Residents Want to Leave: Poll
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:09:36 pm »

14 Feb 201

A new poll reveals that 53% of California residents are considering leaving the Golden State because of the high cost of living.
The “Trust Barometer” poll, by Edelman Intelligence, was conducted January 4-20 among 1,500 California residents, with a margin of error of 2.5%. A special oversample of 400 tech workers in the San Francisco Bay Area was also conducted, with a margin of error of 4.8%.
The results are sobering. Nearly two-thirds, 62%, of respondents said they believed the best days of California were in the past.

snip

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/14/majority-of-california-residents-want-to-leave-poll/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: Majority of California Residents Want to Leave: Poll
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 02:13:34 pm »
Good news/bad news:

Massive rain and snow, giving Mammoth Mtn. resort over 37 ft. of snow, and more coming thanks to El Nino.

But since no reservoirs or dams have been built for decades, it will run to the sea.

Victor Davis Hanson and I say we should have remedied this, instead of wasting the money on the train to nowhere (Bakersfield/Merced leg to be completed)

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:18:44 pm »
 Even if 1/3 of that actually left,  that would be a big loss of taxpayers to a state that’s already facing serious unfunded pension liabilities.

With population loss, California could lose some house seats and that’s probably explains why they’re enbracing illegal immigration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 10:06:22 pm »
Even if 1/3 of that actually left,  that would be a big loss of taxpayers to a state that’s already facing serious unfunded pension liabilities.

With population loss, California could lose some house seats and that’s probably explains why they’re enbracing illegal immigration

@LMAO

Almost all of them are stuck because they have BIG mortgage loans,and the people coming to Ca now are the homeless who are looking for handouts. This means there is nobody around to buy their houses so they can leave,and if they leave without paying the loans they won't be able to buy or even rent a house or apartment there.

No matter what they do,they are screwed.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 10:23:56 pm »
@LMAO

Almost all of them are stuck because they have BIG mortgage loans,and the people coming to Ca now are the homeless who are looking for handouts. This means there is nobody around to buy their houses so they can leave,and if they leave without paying the loans they won't be able to buy or even rent a house or apartment there.

Actually there are a great many immigrants coming in from India, China, etc. with enough money to keep the real estate market healthy. For the time being anyway.

Unfortunately these ethnic communities have been convinced the rat party has their best interests at heart and, with the illegals, vote accordingly, which has led to the one party authoritarian state, which has in turn led to policies that are driving many of the rest of us to look for a way out.

The house of cards will collapse eventually. I'm hoping to be gone before that happens.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »

QUICK!
Build a wall!

But not on California's southern border.
Build it on the eastern and northern borders of the state!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 11:56:27 pm »
As long as they leave their screwed up Liberal beliefs behind...good for them for escaping that disintegrating sh*t hole.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 11:57:09 pm »
Please don't come here......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 12:07:35 am »
As long as they leave their screwed up Liberal beliefs behind...good for them for escaping that disintegrating sh*t hole.
You have fallen for the media's p portrayal of homeless encampments. Not pretty.

But hardly representaative of the communities that make the economic engine which just passed the UK in size.

And we don't have snakes in our swimming pools, either.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 12:12:15 am »

Wherever I end up it'll sure as hell be some place people aren't so ignorant as to assume we're all godless liberals just because of the state we were born in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 12:27:34 am »
Wherever I end up it'll sure as hell be some place people aren't so ignorant as to assume we're all godless liberals just because of the state we were born in.

You're one of the rare exceptions of a Conservative stuck in that deep blue state.  When you do make it out...Texas...(minus the Austin/Houston/San Antonio triangle)...Kentucky (minus Louisville and Lexington) and Idaho are great places to escape to.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 12:39:31 am »
You're one of the rare exceptions of a Conservative stuck in that deep blue state.  When you do make it out...Texas...(minus the Austin/Houston/San Antonio triangle)...Kentucky (minus Louisville and Lexington) and Idaho are great places to escape to.

Its funny - I'm still in touch with many buddies from grade & high school. Most have become bona fide rednecks (for want of a better term). Several have bailed but many are still here.

I never considered them right wing back when but apparently, given enough time, this place will drive guys like us in that direction.

The females seem to be a different story. A significant number of those seem to have adapted the left coast worldview.

Between them, the immigrants and young Californians us old farts don't stand a chance, politically.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2019, 12:48:49 am »
Its funny - I'm still in touch with many buddies from grade & high school. Most have become bona fide rednecks (for want of a better term). Several have bailed but many are still here.

I never considered them right wing back when but apparently, given enough time, this place will drive guys like us in that direction.

The females seem to be a different story. A significant number of those seem to have adapted the left coast worldview.

Between them, the immigrants and young Californians us old farts don't stand a chance, politically.

It's amazing how quickly California went from a solid red state to what it is now.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2019, 12:49:36 am »
It's amazing how quickly California went from a solid red state to what it is now.

If you were to visit any CA population center you would immediately know why.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2019, 12:55:55 am »
If you were to visit any CA population center you would immediately know why.

I've read about what's been going on and it's a shame.  Last time I was in California was in 2008 in Anaheim.  Wasn't too bad then.

But from what I've seen lately the coast is sliding into oblivion

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 12:59:46 am »
@LMAO

Actually the Asians are buying property like crazy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 01:00:42 am »
You're one of the rare exceptions of a Conservative stuck in that deep blue state. 

Nope. Most of rural California is redneck as they come. I've punched cows with cowboys from the Sierras. Salt of the earth.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 01:14:30 am »
Nope. Most of rural California is redneck as they come. I've punched cows with cowboys from the Sierras. Salt of the earth.

People need to see more of that to help counter the image the media is pushing about what California is.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 01:19:50 am »
People need to see more of that to help counter the image the media is pushing about what California is.

I think it is probably very much like it is everywhere... get out of the city and into the country, it's all the same. Other than the Northeast. Cities are cancer. And a metropolis is a cancer metastasized.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 01:41:44 am »
txradio mused:
"It's amazing how quickly California went from a solid red state to what it is now."

OK, you raised the question, now give us your answer:
What was the one thing that changed there that contributed most to "the transformation" ???

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 01:44:10 am »
Actually the Asians are buying property like crazy.

@GtHawk

I knew they were at one time,but am genuinely surprised they are still buying at the inflated prices. Talking about individuals here,not Asian companies. Asian companies would obviously have an interest in buying land in port cities.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 01:47:13 am »
txradio mused:
"It's amazing how quickly California went from a solid red state to what it is now."

What was the one thing that changed there that contributed most to "the transformation" ???

Combination of things IMO.

60's counter culture...the influx of illegals...the large coastal cities dominating the state political scene.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 01:55:49 am »
Combination of things IMO.

60's counter culture...the influx of illegals...the large coastal cities dominating the state political scene.

@txradioguy

I'd write off the hippies as a factor. They went there for the weather. Same with the illegals. They went there because it is close to Mexico,and they wanted to earn a living.

I think the ports and the movie industry had the most influence because that's where the money is concentrated. Just look at all the money and influence that weasel Willie Brown pulled in,just from being the Mayor of San Francisco for an example.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 01:58:22 am »
txradio mused:

Easy. The immigration and control act of 1986, and secondarily when a judge slapped down prop 187 when Californians voted to deny illegals taxpayer subsidized benefits.

We could’ve overcome any other trends, but not millions of new citizens via chain migration following the amnesty of 1986. California went from a swing state to solid blue is a space of a few short years
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 01:59:03 am by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 02:00:09 am »
@txradioguy

I'd write off the hippies as a factor. They went there for the weather. Same with the illegals. They went there because it is close to Mexico,and they wanted to earn a living.

I think the ports and the movie industry had the most influence because that's where the money is concentrated. Just look at all the money and influence that weasel Willie Brown pulled in,just from being the Mayor of San Francisco for an example.

A lot of those Berkley hippies from the 60's and 70's now wear Brooks Brothers...Dior and are Senators...Governors and Congressman