Author Topic: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020  (Read 23909 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2019, 07:26:21 pm »
While there is some truth to that, I will say that the actions of THIS Whitehouse have more fully done that than any previous one I can recall going all the way back to the WH of the Reagan era.

Glad you're happy, friend.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2019, 07:34:39 pm »
Glad you're happy, friend.

I would be much happier if there were a few more people in Washington trying to move the ball in my direction instead of spending all their time defending the status quo!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2019, 07:36:54 pm »
I would be much happier if there were a few more people in Washington trying to move the ball in my direction instead of spending all their time defending the status quo!

Actually, the most conservative people in DC are in opposition to what the President is doing with the wall emergency.

IMO, they're the only ones there who are representing actual conservatism.

So I'm glad they're blocking the proverbial ball that Trump is trying to move.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »
Actually, the most conservative people in DC are in opposition to what the President is doing with the wall emergency.

So I'm glad they're blocking the proverbial ball that Trump is trying to move.

In that case, I strongly disagree with you and them.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:34 pm »
In that case, I strongly disagree with you and them.

Cruz, Paul, Lee, Sasse............ I'll go with them, thank you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2019, 07:47:16 pm »

Has Cruz said anything about the emergency declaration?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2019, 07:48:24 pm »

I think you and I are talking about two decidedly different things.  I would not have voted for, or signed, the budget deal but I am 100% in favor of securing the border.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/14/texans-react-trumps-national-emergency-declaration-border-wall/

Thanks.

Texas' U.S. senators, John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, have not been as enthusiastic. Cornyn has expressed deep reservations, and Cruz has asserted there are ways for the Trump administration to do it under the law, but officials need to be careful to not create a "slippery slope" for a future president to abuse his or her power.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2019, 07:55:20 pm »
Thanks.

What has the president done here that he is not allowed to do under current law?  Please be specific.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2019, 08:02:09 pm »
What has the president done here that he is not allowed to do under current law?  Please be specific.

Nothing that I know of. I was responding to "Cruz, Paul, Lee, Sasse............ I'll go with them, thank you.", which I took to mean that those four were against an emergency declaration.  Clearly, Cruz is not, but says it needs to be done correctly.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2019, 08:03:10 pm »

Four Senators who voted 'No' to amnesty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2019, 08:06:25 pm »
Nothing that I know of. I was responding to "Cruz, Paul, Lee, Sasse............ I'll go with them, thank you.", which I took to mean that those four were against an emergency declaration.  Clearly, Cruz is not, but says it needs to be done correctly.

The people who voted against the terrible funding bill were right to d so and I wish the president had not signed it but I don't have all the information he does and definitely do want the border secured.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2019, 08:13:14 pm »
The people who voted against the terrible funding bill were right to d so and I wish the president had not signed it but I don't have all the information he does and definitely do want the border secured.

Yes, that bill should have been tossed right back to the Lege.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2019, 08:17:12 pm »

I agree with the question @Bigun   The quote sounded like political hair-splitting---standing squarely in the middle with the ability to move to the winning side at a later date.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2019, 08:17:21 pm »
I think you and I are talking about two decidedly different things.  I would not have voted for, or signed, the budget deal but I am 100% in favor of securing the border.

I guess we are!  Same here.  :patriot:

(That's why we have to be careful about black and white online forum discussions........... sometimes you don't even know you're agreeing with each other!  happy77)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2019, 08:19:00 pm »
Has Cruz said anything about the emergency declaration?

I was citing four conservatives I respect who voted No to the bill.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2019, 08:19:22 pm »
Four Senators who voted 'No' to amnesty.

Yep.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2019, 09:09:04 pm »

Unfortunately the budget deal has provisions in it the don't exactly amount to securing the border.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/5-insane-provisions-amnesty-omnibus-bill/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2019, 09:52:44 pm »
I will say that the actions of THIS Whitehouse have more fully done that than any previous one I can recall going all the way back to the WH of the Reagan era.

Thanks for stating what a few here have also stated.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2019, 10:52:05 pm »
Ideally one could have common sense and a genius level IQ.

The possession of the former would strongly inform against bragging about the latter in public.

@truth_seeker

Why? I have a Mensa-level IQ,and I'm not impressed by it.  Big freaking deal. If you want to impress me,DO SOMETHING POSITIVE.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #371 on: February 20, 2019, 10:56:14 pm »

Ideally one could have common sense and a genius level IQ.

@truth_seeker

That does happen occasionally,but it seems to be rare. Serious geniuses are dreamers by nature,and dreamers are not a good fit with people who have a lot of common sense.

Nobody's fault and nobody gets any credit for it,it's just the way it seems to work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #372 on: February 20, 2019, 10:59:02 pm »

@musiclady

Really? Name them!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #373 on: February 20, 2019, 11:03:52 pm »
@truth_seeker

Why? I have a Mensa-level IQ,and I'm not impressed by it.  Big freaking deal. If you want to impress me,DO SOMETHING POSITIVE.

Physician heal thyself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #374 on: February 20, 2019, 11:05:28 pm »
Physician heal thyself.

@txradioguy

I suppose you suspect that means something deep? It is in no way related to what I wrote. You might as well have strung random words together.