Author Topic: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020  (Read 23910 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: I’ll Be Voting for President Trump and Vice President Pence in 2020
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2019, 08:45:33 pm »
@Sanguine

Just for my own information, and since I’ve been posting on this thread, do you include me in that group?

As an 'officer' in the Pro-Trump contingent here, I would say 'Not'. 

While your feelings toward the man may be negative to a fault, you tend to find common ground on which to build conversation and familiarity.   For example, for me it was your avatar.  Knew you had great taste (presidents not withstanding)

Good, friendly banter is necessary for forums to succeed.

That's impossible with far too many here, unfortunately. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2019, 08:52:27 pm »
I will say it again.

What is it that Tumpy has done that we get to keep?

Not executive orders and red meat for his fans...

What do we truly get to keep when he is done?

Damn little good. And a whole lot of debt.
There's your measure of whether to vote for him again.
2 supreme court justices for one.  Watered down Obamacare so we aren't FORCED to buy it, or choose to go without.  Those are kind of big ones....

And please stop with the Tumpy crap.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:53:33 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2019, 08:57:29 pm »
Whatever, bringing up the convention, Cruz has been one of Trump's biggest supporters in the Senate...so, hypocrisy really should be seen for what it is, if some folks claim to support Cruz but actually don't support this and this and this that he has done. He's a team player now. Those who use his name for dissent of the President, might be questioned as to whether they are just exploiting the situation and in turn, they would be irrelevant.  From the last time, I saw the calendar, it is 2019 not 2016.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03:43 pm »
And Cruz said he expected to endorse Trump in 2020 as he did in 2016. So, don't blame me if I in turn quote Cruz. Others are just divisive, they have one little statement and try to make a 3 piece meal out of it.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2019, 09:07:44 pm »
There was...but your blind hatred of anyone not named Donald John Trump will never let you see that.

Sure Pete.  Sure.  You say that but also talk about Trump being the "savior" of America.  Our "only hope".

Sure sounds like he's your Messiah.  And that makes you a "party person".

@txradioguy

Ok,bubba. Fair enough. PLEASE copy and paste a post of mine that says that Trump is our "savior".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2019, 09:13:13 pm »

While your feelings toward the man may be negative to a fault, you tend to find common ground on which to build conversation and familiarity.   For example, for me it was your avatar.  Knew you had great taste (presidents not withstanding)

@DCPatriot, thank you.  I really appreciate that.  A lot.

I promise you my feelings toward Trump are not completely negative.  It might come off that way because I find some of his supporters ( not you, and not necessarily here) more irritating than the man himself.

That avatar is coming back—or at least a version of it, lol.  I can’t quit him.   :laugh:
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2019, 09:16:33 pm »

Don't worry @DCPatriot   I'm not gonna whine for validation so don't brace yourself.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2019, 09:18:17 pm »
2 supreme court justices for one.  Watered down Obamacare so we aren't FORCED to buy it, or choose to go without.  Those are kind of big ones....

Yes but no... Two moderate Kennedy-esque judges, and no real relief on insurance costs, as the Obamacare regulations that dictate to insurance companies are still largely in place... No one I know has found insurance costs lowered anywhere near where it used to be.

And please stop with the Tumpy crap.

I think not. I think he deserves derision to offset the 'Most Conservative President Evah' crap folks are trying to feed us.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »
@DCPatriot, thank you.  I really appreciate that.  A lot.

I promise you my feelings toward Trump are not completely negative.  It might come off that way because I find some of his supporters ( not you, and not necessarily here) more irritating than the man himself.

That avatar is coming back—or at least a version of it, lol.  I can’t quit him.   :laugh:

@QueenCatofAragon

:laugh:  The name of the series escapes me, but it is on my Netflix LIST.  Great casting and story.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »
Don't worry @DCPatriot   I'm not gonna whine for validation so don't brace yourself.

LOL!   I understand certain people's personalities clash beyond hope.  Especially in this format.

Regarding yourself, I can see that to a couple of women in here treat you like the runt of the litter.

Thank God you have some pit bull in you, @Emjay    Love ya!   :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2019, 09:33:44 pm »
I think not. I think he deserves derision to offset the 'Most Conservative President Evah' crap folks are trying to feed us.

I'm fine with that (it's mild in comparison to other things), as long as it's limited to the man, and is not applied to his many supporters on TBR. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2019, 09:37:24 pm »
I'm fine with that (it's mild in comparison to other things), as long as it's limited to the man, and is not applied to his many supporters on TBR.

I am fairly certain there is only one person in my entire life that I have called 'Tumpy the Clown'.

Offline corbe

« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2019, 09:45:55 pm »
   I often criticize his policies because they don't jive with me (Liberal, self serving) and occasionally, depending on my liquor level, I may criticize him, but rarely, if ever, will I criticize his supporters for said policy differences besides I'm out of butt salve, anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2019, 09:58:15 pm »
   I often criticize his policies because they don't jive with me (Liberal, self serving) and occasionally, depending on my liquor level, I may criticize him, but rarely, if ever, will I criticize his supporters for said policy differences besides I'm out of butt salve, anyway.

Quite honestly, I cannot say that I have not insulted his supporters... But that is largely because the standard is a moving goalpost. I can see where 'Trumpanzees' might be considered 'hurtful' (LOL! As if names are such a big thing), but 'Trumpeteers'? 'Orange Brigadiers'? C'mon. That's just folks being butthurt for the sake of butthurt.

So I just speak my mind as best I know how, and try not to be crazy with it. If being unoffensive is the goal, then there will be nothing said worth saying.

Offline corbe

« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2019, 10:12:04 pm »
 :thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2019, 10:14:48 pm »
Quite honestly, I cannot say that I have not insulted his supporters... But that is largely because the standard is a moving goalpost. I can see where 'Trumpanzees' might be considered 'hurtful' (LOL! As if names are such a big thing), but 'Trumpeteers'? 'Orange Brigadiers'? C'mon. That's just folks being butthurt for the sake of butthurt.

So I just speak my mind as best I know how, and try not to be crazy with it. If being unoffensive is the goal, then there will be nothing said worth saying.

@roamer_1

Like I explained to QCOA, when we find ourselves enjoying back and forth when the subject isn't about the Conservative pedigree of Donald Trump, or about a conservative ideology itself... take that opportunity and build on it.

There's not a more thick-headed, tunnel-visioned member among us, than you, @roamer_1  And, like Seinfeld says, "I don't mean that in a bad way!"

Given your everyday environment, it's totally understandable.  It's easy to forget life in the hive with those vistas up the road.
Easy to become unyielding in your opinions living like that in paradise.

Plus, your opinions on religion etc., and the way you express them has made me a huge fan.   :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »
Let's all try to build on this.

Won't work with everybody, but it'll be like opening the windows to change the air. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2019, 10:22:25 pm »
Let's all try to build on this.

Won't work with everybody, but it'll be like opening the windows to change the air.

I like it.  I'm in.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2019, 10:23:42 pm »
Yeah, the anti-trumpers get no credit for being pro-life, they abandoned the unborn, cry me a river, some of us have priorities.  Trump has done as much as possible almost in this area.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2019, 10:31:03 pm »

Trump's done a lot of pro-life things actually, if you agree with that cause and not Trump, you should do something to make it up, like chain yourself to an abortion clinic's doors.

@corbe

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:45 pm »
Like I explained to QCOA, when we find ourselves enjoying back and forth when the subject isn't about the Conservative pedigree of Donald Trump, or about a conservative ideology itself... take that opportunity and build on it.

I do that plenty, @DCPatriot ... In fact on balance, I would say I probably participate off the topic of Tumpy the Clown than I do on it. I don't know if that is altogether true, if one measures per post, because I am likely to go on a tear where Conservatism is concerned, and the topic of Tumpy the Clown and Conservatism often coincide in the worst way possible - But per subject, I would wager I am right to claim it.

There's not a more thick-headed, tunnel-visioned member among us, than you, @roamer_1  And, like Seinfeld says, "I don't mean that in a bad way!"

There is nothing thickheaded about it. I defend timeless truths. There ain't no two ways of looking at it. Either what we stand for is true, or it is not worth being here. I will not suffer fools who try to change those truths. Ever.

Given your everyday environment, it's totally understandable.  It's easy to forget life in the hive with those vistas up the road.
Easy to become unyielding in your opinions living like that in paradise.

Truth is still truth, no matter where you are, DC. Perhaps I just enjoy a perspective that being in the hive removes. If so then I shall be all the more strident in beating it back into your fool heads.  :laugh:

maybe all y'all would better see reason if you went out and built a campfire now and then...

Plus, your opinions on religion etc., and the way you express them has made me a huge fan.   :laugh:

Thanks for that.
 :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2019, 12:23:52 am »
I will say it again.

What is it that Tumpy has done that we get to keep

$4 trillion in new debt?  New tariffs on US exports?  More illegals getting free Obamacare?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2019, 12:25:55 am »
Apparently not.   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Some people won’t be happy until the other side is destroyed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2019, 12:28:20 am »
Trump's done a lot of pro-life things actually, if you agree with that cause and not Trump, you should do something to make it up, like chain yourself to an abortion clinic's doors.

@corbe

How is continuing to fund Planned Parenthood “conservative?”
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!