Author Topic: GOP/Dems Set to Offer Trump a Quarter of $5.7B for Border Wall  (Read 306 times)

rangerrebew

GOP/Dems Set to Offer Trump a Quarter of $5.7B for Border Wall
« on: February 10, 2019, 04:13:11 pm »

GOP/Dems Set to Offer Trump a Quarter of $5.7B for Border Wall

February 8, 2019

John Binder

A Republican-Democrat House and Senate committee is planning to offer President Trump a border security package that could include less than a quarter of the $5.7 billion for a U.S.-Mexico border wall he originally requested.

Capitol Hill sources tell the media that a conference committee of Republicans and Democrats is preparing to unveil a border security funding plan that gives only about $1.3 to $2 billion to Trump for construction of his proposed wall on the southern border to stop wage-crushing illegal immigration.

The New York Times reports:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...r-border-wall/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP/Dems Set to Offer Trump a Quarter of $5.7B for Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »
It's a bad deal, because that quarter isn't a quarter of what he wants for a wall, it's a quarter of the total border security package.  The "detention facilities" the Rats want is part of that total, so the wall would get well under a Billion bucks.

I hope he tells them to pound sand.  The fact that this doesn't seem to be moving out of Committee tells me the GOP has the President's back on this, which is a new thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: