Author Topic: Ex-Navy SEAL Jocko Willink: Remembering Michael Monsoor, who was killed in action saving three teamm  (Read 307 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ex-Navy SEAL Jocko Willink: Remembering Michael Monsoor, who was killed in action saving three teammates
Jocko Willink

On September 29, 2006, in the war-torn city of Ramadi, Iraq, Petty Officer Second Class (SEAL) Michael Monsoor, or “Mikey” as we called him, smothered a grenade with his body to save three of his teammates. For these actions, he was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor.

As his Task Unit Commander, I was asked to speak at a ceremony at the Navy Memorial in Washington, D.C., where his parents were presented with the Medal of Honor Flag. This is what I said:

“Ladies and gentlemen.  It is obviously very humbling to be here today, as it was humbling to be on the battlefield of Ramadi with my fellow SEALs and 2/28 Brigade Combat Team, the Iron Soldiers, and then 1/1 AD, the Ready First Combat Team, which was formed up by our brothers from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines and included such hallowed units as the 1st of the 506th Band of brothers, the 1-37 Bandits, and the 3/8 Marines.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ex-navy-seal-jocko-willink-remembering-michael-monsoor-who-was-killed-in-action-saving-three-teammates