Some Indians with soul . . .

Redbone, "Maggie"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Redbone, "The Witch Queen of New Orleans"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Redbone, "Come and Get Your Love"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

EasyAce:
And this Delta blues legend was part Cherokee . . .

Charlie Patton, "Going to Move to Alabama"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

verga:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 19, 2019, 09:06:37 pm ---BTW,for those of you who don't know who Link Wray was (he died a year or two ago) and have never heard the song "Rumble",consider the fact that Rumble is the ONLY song in the history of America that was banned from the airwaves that doesn't have lyrics. Not a one. Not even a grunt.

If you want to hear the birth cries of Rock and Roll,you need to hear it. And "Yes,you CAN hear it on youtube," Or at least you could the last time I checked.

--- End quote ---
Just listened to it, I'll bite why was it banned? @sneakypete Nevermind, Wikipedia is your friend. The stations thought it would promote juvenile delinquency because the term "rumble" refers to a street fight and the harsh power chord the song used.

TomSea:
I'm no judge, I think part of Redbone is sort of Mexican American, XIT might have been more Native American but again, I don't know for certain.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

EasyAce:

--- Quote from: TomSea on March 20, 2019, 12:07:01 am ---I'm no judge, I think part of Redbone is sort of Mexican American, XIT might have been more Native American but again, I don't know for certain.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

--- End quote ---
The Vegas brothers are half Shoshone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version