General Category > Archaeology

Rumble: The Indians who Rocked the World

(1/3) > >>

sneakypete:
Just spent an hour and a half watching and listening to this on PBS,and it was the best 90 minutes I have spent in years. I knew it was going to be good when it opened with Link Wray,and it didn't disappoint.

First off,I am 1/4 Tuscarora myself,but don't think for a minute that this influenced me. In fact,when the producers started trying to make the link because Indian chants/timing,and blues,I wasn't buying it at all. Thought it was pure PC BS. Then......,it started to click.

I watch everything I record,and immediately delete 99 percent of it. I didn't delete this one. I suspect I will watch it a few more times before it goes away.

Check your local PBS stations,or the main PBS page to find out when it airs where you are. You will be glad you did.

BTW,mods,I decided to put this in this mixed category instead of the music category because I honestly think it is a better fit here. Having said that,feel free to move it if you disagree.

GrouchoTex:
i saw the ad for that.
It already aired here.
I'll keep an eye out for it.

LadyLiberty:
Thanks!  It's available for streaming with Amazon Prime and I've put it on my watch list.

verga:
Added to my watch list, thank you for the turn on.

sneakypete:
BTW,for those of you who don't know who Link Wray was (he died a year or two ago) and have never heard the song "Rumble",consider the fact that Rumble is the ONLY song in the history of America that was banned from the airwaves that doesn't have lyrics. Not a one. Not even a grunt.

AND.......,I consider the album produced in the early 70's that is now out of print that has the title "Rumble" to be one of the top ten best albums ever printed in the US. I have no idea how the record company allowed it to go out of print. My current "Rumble" LP was bought several years ago from Germany,and cost me 125 bucks. If  you had any idea how cheap I am,you would be impressed. I had already worn out the first two I had bought,or I wouldn't have bought it.

If you want to hear the birth cries of Rock and Roll,you need to hear it. And "Yes,you CAN hear it on youtube," Or at least you could the last time I checked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version