Author Topic: First female completes Marine sniper leader course; could become platoon commander  (Read 821 times)

rangerrebew

First female completes Marine sniper leader course; could become platoon commander

January 23, 2019 Cheryl Hinneburg

For the first time ever, the Marines may see a female commander on the battlefield after the first woman in history graduated from the rigorous Scout Sniper Unit Leaders Course.

The course, which takes place in Quantico, Va., lasts for three weeks and is designed to prepare “junior officer and noncommissioned officers to lead Marine snipers,” according to the Marine Corps Times.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/01/first-female-completes-marine-sniper-leader-course-could-become-platoon-commander/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SHOULD read "WILL become platoon leader as she climbs the career ladder of success". No way in hell is she making it a career and actually doing the job in combat.

Not that women can't in urban situations. There were LOTS of Russian female snipers at Leningrad. City sniping and wild-country sniping are two different creatures,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“Men and women attending the Infantry Officer Course are evaluated by the same standards and are provided an “equal opportunity to succeed,” Capt. Joshua J. Pena, a spokesman for the Marines’ Training and Education Command said.

That sentence should have started out with "Once upon a time.......",like all good fairy tales.

Offline the_doc

There were LOTS of Russian female snipers at Leningrad.

I believe they were mainly at Stalingrad.

Offline Frank Cannon

That sentence should have started out with "Once upon a time.......",like all good fairy tales.

I agree. The military is nothing but a bunch of PC Leftist hacks anymore.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I believe they were mainly at Stalingrad.

@I stand corrected and apologize for my brain fart. Stalingrad it was.

Offline the_doc

@I stand corrected and apologize for my brain fart. Stalingrad it was.

Don't worry about it.  Leningrad even sounded right to me when I first read it. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Good job