Author Topic: Doctors Pushed Her to Get Sex Reassignment Surgery. Now, She Knows It Was a Mistake.  (Read 325 times)

rangerrebew

Doctors Pushed Her to Get Sex Reassignment Surgery. Now, She Knows It Was a Mistake.

Walt Heyer / February 01, 2019 / 

Commentary By
 Walt Heyer

Walt Heyer is an author and public speaker. Through his website, SexChangeRegret.com, and his blog, WaltHeyer.com, Heyer raises public awareness about those who regret gender change and the tragic consequences suffered as a result.

Every week, I receive at least one heartbreaking letter of regret from someone who was sexually abused as a young person and later underwent a “sex change” in a misguided attempt to heal the pain.

The sex-change cheerleaders in the medical profession routinely diagnose these people with gender dysphoria and rush to administer cross-gender hormones and recommend surgery.

I myself was sexually abused as a young person and diagnosed with gender dysphoria over 35 years ago. The diagnosis of gender dysphoria is not the problem. The tragedy is failing to recognize and treat the deeper wounds of sexual abuse.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/02/01/doctors-pushed-her-to-get-sex-reassignment-surgery-now-she-knows-it-was-a-mistake/