Author Topic: Northam says he did wear blackface — but as Michael Jackson, not in yearbook  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Northam says he did wear blackface — but as Michael Jackson, not in yearbook
by Allison Elyse Gualtieri
 | February 02, 2019 03:20 PM
 | Updated Feb 02, 2019, 03:50 PM

The Virginia governor under fire for a racist photograph on his medical school yearbook page said that he was neither the person pictured wearing blackface nor the one wearing Ku Klux Klan robes.

But Democrat Ralph Northam did admit to wearing blackface in 1984.

"That same year, I did participate in a dance contest in San Antonio in which I darkened my face as part of a Michael Jackson costume. I look back now and regret that I did not understand the harmful legacy of an action like that. It is because my memory of that episode is so vivid that I truly did not believe I am in the picture in my yearbook. You remember these things," he said, reading a prepared statement to reporters in a press conference Saturday.

A photograph surfaced Friday from his page in the 1984 Eastern Virginia Medical School yearbook, showing a man wearing blackface and another dressed as a member of the Ku Klux Klan. Northam said Saturday he had never been in a KKK uniform.

Northam said he saw the photo for the first time Friday and had never owned a copy of the yearbook but that he took responsibility for the photo's appearance on its page.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/northam-says-he-did-wear-blackface-but-not-in-racist-yearbook-photo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Northam said he saw the photo for the first time Friday and had never owned a copy of the yearbook but that he took responsibility for the photo's appearance on its page.

Okay I can believe he didn't buy a yearbook but I can't believe not one of his friends called him to ask about his profile pages.... :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Second blackface photo revealed in medical school yearbook amid Northam scandal
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/second-blackface-photo-revealed-in-medical-school-yearbook-amid-northam-scandal

Sounds like a big KKK party... *****rollingeyes*****
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The wokescaping is in high gear.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A lot more details in the usually more informative London newspapers.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6660879/Democrat-Virginia-Governor-DENIES-hes-racist-yearbook-picture-featuring-blackface-KKK-robe.html

among other things:

Northam appeared to try to soften the offensive occasion by revealing he won the contest he did it for.

Making his revelation worse, he told attendees the reason why he only wore a 'little bit' of shoe polish was because it's difficult to remove.

'I don't know if anybody's tried this...' he said to the shocked room. But it didn't explain why he was wearing blackface to show off his dance talent during the skit.

Northam told the audience during question time: 'I have discussed this with a person of color. I apologized to him.'

and in this article
Wife stops Governor Northam from performing Michael Jackson's Moonwalk because it would be 'inappropriate' after reporter asked him if he could still perform it at car crash press conference

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6661511/BIZARRE-moment-Governor-Northam-appears-CONSIDER-doing-moonwalk-wife-intervenes.html
The 59-year-old from Nassawadox became more of a laughing stock when he brazenly admitted to dressing up as the late singer
While taking questions, a reporter asked Virginia Governor Ralph Northam: 'Are you still able to moonwalk?'
Northam appeared to look around to see if he had enough space to do the dance move

The guys is a political imbecile after these comments follow his stupidity in describing infanticide, then confirming and later retracting it was him in the picture.

He will be gone by tomorrow.

This is the beginning of Black History Month, and the swearing in as Governor of only the second black person to ever win a Virginia statewide election  is the new emphasis for the Dems as it takes away the heat
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:01:54 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington