Author Topic: Joe Biden embraced segregation in 1975, claiming it was a matter of 'black pride'  (Read 506 times)

rangerrebew

Joe Biden embraced segregation in 1975, claiming it was a matter of 'black pride'
by Alana Goodman
 | January 31, 2019 11:46 PM

Joe Biden, weighing a 2020 White House bid, once advocated continued school segregation in the United States, arguing that it benefited minorities and that integration would prevent black people from embracing “their own identity.”

Biden was speaking in 1975, when he opposed the federally mandated busing policy designed to end segregation in schools. In the past few decades, he has claimed he wanted desegregation but believed the policy of busing would not achieve it. Last year, he stated he had voted heroically to protect busing.

In 2008, after being chosen as Barack Obama's vice-presidential running mate he said: "The struggle for civil rights was the animating political element of my life." He appears poised to make his civil rights record a centerpiece of any campaign, telling an audience in Fort Lauderdale this week that "I came out of the civil rights movement. He added that he first became aware of what an "awful thing" segregation was as a third grader, when he asked his mother why a bus was taking black children to a school away from where they lived.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/joe-biden-embraced-segregation-in-1975-claiming-it-was-a-matter-of-black-pride

Offline dfwgator

Joe "Coonman" Biden.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Better for Joe to get this out now so he can quietly slip away into obscurity unlike the current Governor of Virginia.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington