Author Topic: Trump stiffs Feinstein and Harris on judges. . .mostly  (Read 257 times)

rangerrebew

Trump stiffs Feinstein and Harris on judges. . .mostly
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:29:36 pm »

Posted on January 30, 2019 by Paul Mirengoff in Judicial nominees
Trump stiffs Feinstein and Harris on judges. . .mostly

Yesterday, I wrote about the three conservatives President Trump nominated for the Ninth Circuit last year, but did not renominate this year. The unwillingness to renominate the three came about after a request by California Senators Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris. They asked that the White House “work with us to reach an agreement on a consensus package” of appeals court nominees from California. The package they desired would have consisted of a liberal, a moderate, and a conservative from Trump’s original list.

There’s no harm in asking, but Feinstein and Harris may have been surprised that the White House entertained the request. I know I was. Instead of a polite no thanks, the administration declined to renominate the three original selectees when it sent a list of 51 renominees to the Senate earlier this month.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/01/trump-stiffs-feinstein-and-harris-on-judges-mostly.php