Author Topic: Trump to throw spotlight on abortion in State of the Union  (Read 1237 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to throw spotlight on abortion in State of the Union
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:29:43 pm »
 Trump to throw spotlight on abortion in State of the Union

The president's Tuesday night address might also include a 'warm and fuzzy' gesture to his recent nemesis, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to a White House aide.

By GABBY ORR and ANDREW RESTUCCIA

01/31/2019 06:03 PM EST

President Donald Trump is telling conservative allies he wants to incorporate firm anti-abortion language into his State of the Union address Tuesday, and potentially include an anti-abortion figure among his list of invitees, according to four sources familiar with his plans

Trump sees an opening to energize his evangelical supporters and capture moderate voters who administration officials believe may be turned off by widespread coverage of New York’s newest abortion law, which allows for termination of some pregnancies after the 24-week mark for health reasons.

The issue is one of many the president will address in a Tuesday night speech, which aides say currently clocks in at about one hour. Although it comes amid an ongoing standoff with congressional Democrats over a wall Trump wants to build along the southern border, people familiar with its contents say it will range widely and include a call for bipartisanship.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/31/trump-state-of-the-union-abortion-1140704
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump to throw spotlight on abortion in State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:30:14 pm »
Call the Dems the Party of Death
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:50:05 pm »
Trump sees an opening to energize his evangelical supporters and capture moderate voters

I'm betting the President was as horrified by the NY and VA abortion bills as were all rational humans.  The politics would be icing on the cake.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:31 pm »
I'm betting the President was as horrified by the NY and VA abortion bills as were all rational humans.  The politics would be icing on the cake.

And now the whole "Sheets" Northam thing is even more delicious.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:56:44 pm »
And now the whole "Sheets" Northam thing is even more delicious.

Ironic that people are more upset about stupid costumes than about killing babies but whatever gets rid of this guy is okay with me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 12:39:24 am »
NY Times is now stating that this was fake news!     9999hair out0000

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/opinion/abortion-virginia-kathy-tran.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 12:53:12 am »
Supreme Court blocks Louisiana abortion law from taking effect Monday

Alito said in a brief order that the justices needed more time to review the filings in the case. As such he put the law on hold until February 7. He noted that the order "does reflect any view regarding the merits" of the case.

Louisiana's Unsafe Abortion Protection Act has been blocked since its enactment in 2014, it requires a doctor to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of the facility where the abortion is performed.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/louisiana-abortion-supreme-court/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Five years and they need more time?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 12:56:24 am »
Ironic that people are more upset about stupid costumes than about killing babies but whatever gets rid of this guy is okay with me.

Well if it's any comfort,  I suspect the Governor's abortion comments were what motivated people to get the dirt on him.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 01:01:29 am »

That tact has been taken quite a few times, we are not going to be fooled. HuffPo I think was also running an article, "oh, they didn't mean that".  I think it's pretty obvious from the interview. What else could it mean?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 01:02:03 am by TomSea »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 01:07:39 am »
Old news.  Now he has to talk about 'racism'.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 01:49:36 am »
Well if it's any comfort,  I suspect the Governor's abortion comments were what motivated people to get the dirt on him.

Yeah, probably.  And he was probably hyper over some harmless photos in Kavanaugh's yearbook.

I only hope this is enough to get rid of the scumbag.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 04:07:14 am »

The lie by the NYT is clearly not faked.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 04:10:55 am »
What is interesting is who those 'motivated people" are.  Likely it was the Dems who desire the ultra-liberal Lt. Governor to become the new bright black star in Virginia politics.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 04:40:20 am »
What is interesting is who those 'motivated people" are.  Likely it was the Dems who desire the ultra-liberal Lt. Governor to become the new bright black star in Virginia politics.

Northam committed the worst possible sin a Democrat can make,  he revealed what they truly think.

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 04:59:19 am »
Northam committed the worst possible sin a Democrat can make,  he revealed what they truly think.
Yes, he reminds people the background of the KKK is the Democrat party.

And tying the same individual to abortion and infanticide, echoes Sanger who used abortion as a way to eliminate blacks.

The layers are being peeled back as we speak.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 02:30:26 pm »
Is Trump going to stop funding Planned Parenthood?  Again for the first time?  Sounds like more empty rhetoric to me.  Which of you will fall for it?