Author Topic: Trump: 'Good chance' I will declare emergency to build wall  (Read 359 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'Good chance' I will declare emergency to build wall
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:10:54 pm »
Trump: 'Good chance' I will declare emergency to build wall
By Jordan Fabian - 02/01/19 01:00 PM EST

President Trump said Friday there is a “good chance” he will declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress and build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“I think there’s a good chance we’ll have to do that,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office.

The president suggested more information could come in Tuesday's State of the Union address, saying people should “listen closely” to the speech.

Trump’s comments provide one of the clearest signs yet he may act on his own to build the wall, as his frustration builds with congressional Democrats over their determination to block one of his core campaign promises.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/428064-trump-good-chance-i-will-declare-emergency-to-build-wall
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump: 'Good chance' I will declare emergency to build wall
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:26:16 pm »
Note that Mexican President Obrador basically said that the Mexican government will no longer fight the Cartels.

Sounds like the "casus belli" for declaring the Emergency.