Author Topic: Why I'm Nominating Leah Remini For a Profiles In Courage Award  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I'm Nominating Leah Remini For a Profiles In Courage Award
« on: February 01, 2019, 05:01:16 pm »
Why I'm Nominating Leah Remini For a Profiles In Courage Award
Kira Davis

Posted: Feb 01, 2019 12:01 AM

I’m nominating Leah Remini for this year’s John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award. Let me tell you why.

For as long as I can remember I have been obsessed with the “religion” of Scientology. As a child I was a big fan of L. Ron Hubbard’s science fiction writing. My mom used to get me a subscription to Isaac Asimov’s monthly sci-fi publication and often there were short stories from Hubbard.

One day I mistakenly checked out his Scientology handbook “Dianetics” and while I was grossly disappointed to discover it was not the sci-fi romp I’d hoped for, it did launch my lifelong obsession with the weirdness that is Scientology.

By the time Leah Remini’s very public denouncement of her former religion came about I had probably seen or read nearly every available documentary or publication challenging the Church of Scientology (COS).

This is where I need to stop for a moment and offer Ms. Remini a sincere apology. I don’t know if she reads much of her press, but even still I owe her this much. When Remini first started making the rounds on the talk show circuit and wrote a book about her split from COS, I thought perhaps it was a publicity play; an actress was looking for some attention and trading on her involvement in a sketchy cult to get it. Having now seen every episode, outtake and trailer from her award-winning show Scientology and the Aftermath I now have no doubt she is 100% serious and sincere in her desire to see the vicious COS dismantled for good.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kiradavis/2019/02/01/why-im-nominating-leah-remini-for-a-profiles-in-courage-award-n2540629
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34