Author Topic: What Would You Do If Putin Cut Your Heat Amid Extreme Temperatures?  (Read 428 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-31/what-would-you-do-if-putin-cut-your-heat-amid-extreme-temperatures

Extreme weather, merciless cold in the Midwest United States, snow squalls bringing near-whiteout conditions to the Northeast, nine dead, schools and postal service in many states canceled, and airports closed — an "act of God" as they say, yet MSNBC's Rachel Maddow still found a way to make it all about Putin.

She breathlessly reported Wednesday evening that life-threatening cold weather in the US could be weaponized by Russia. Maddow invoked a recent intelligence assessment which speculated over Russia and China's abilities to launch cyber-attacks on critical US infrastructure, including natural gas pipelines. Running with this "what if" scenario, she launched into her now well-known conspiracy theorizing and fear-mongering, saying "It is life-threatening! And it is like negative 50 degrees in the Dakotas right now."

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What Would You Do If Putin Cut Your Heat Amid Extreme Temperatures?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:30:23 am »
Perhaps if she got together with Cuomo, they could build a few more pipelines and keep people from freezing to death.

The only Russians I have met out this way are looking for work building pipelines (or whatever), not sabotaging them.

It is the liberals associated with "water protectors" who were out messing with the valves on active pipelines, AKA: sabotage.
It's the same bunch of liberals who cut holes in pipelines and valves under construction. Maybe Madcow should focus on the damage the Left's 'environmentalists are doing, and not focus on the shadows under the bed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Re: What Would You Do If Putin Cut Your Heat Amid Extreme Temperatures?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:39:21 am »
Well, first I'd burn through the near 5 cord of wood I have on hand...
And if I hadn't gone to get more by then (maybe 2 summers away), there's probably 50 gallons of kerosene laying around here, and another 50 gallons of diesel... Then I'd be scroungin around a bit, being down to white gas cans, which there is probably at least 20 gallons here and there...
After that, I'd be down to deciding whether to burn my likker or drink it...

The whole system could go to hell and I wouldn't even hardly notice for a year or two... maybe three.