Author Topic: Harris, Feinstein fume after White House re-nominates two conservative California judges  (Read 564 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Harris, Feinstein fume after White House re-nominates two conservative California judges
Fox News, Jan 31, 2019, Alex Pappas

California Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris lashed out at the White House after President Trump, under pressure from conservative activists, re-nominated two conservative California judges to the 9th Circuit federal appeals court over their opposition.

“We are deeply disappointed that the White House has chosen to re-nominate Daniel Collins and Kenneth Lee to the 9th Circuit,” Feinstein and Harris said in a joint statement late Wednesday. “We made clear our opposition to these individuals and told the White House we wanted to work together to come to consensus on a new package of nominees.”

The White House announced the nomination of Collins and Lee, among other judicial designees. Daniel A. Bress was also nominated to the 9th Circuit.  The nomination of Collins and Lee bypasses the traditional "blue-slip" process in which the senators of the home state of the nominee give their consent to the pick.

[...]

The liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, with a sprawling purview encompassing nine Western states, has long been a thorn in the side of the Trump White House, with rulings against the travel ban and limits on funding to so-called "sanctuary cities."

On Thursday, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, praised Trump's nomination of Collins, Lee and Bress.

“I’m very supportive of the nominees submitted by President Trump to serve on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. These are highly qualified nominees and I am hopeful they will receive wide bipartisan support,” Graham said. “These nominations continue a trend by the Trump Administration of selecting highly qualified men and women to serve on the federal bench.”

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-feinstein-fume-after-white-house-re-nominates-two-conservative-california-judges

Offline skeeter

So, who's responsible for that bit of bogus news the other day regarding Trump working with the rats on judge selection?

Offline Frank Cannon

Those two pieces of filth can get bent. The WH should never have been dealing with those two old whores.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Very Good.  I like to see them fume. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Harris, Feinstein fume after White House re-nominates two conservative California judges"

Let 'em.

Now it's up to you, Mitch. Will you get the job done?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Harris, Feinstein fume after White House re-nominates two conservative California judges"

Let 'em.

Now it's up to you, Mitch. Will you get the job done?

Buzzkill. :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Careful with DiFi. She's older than RBG.

We don't want her going to the hospital and find she's been given special status to Vote From Home, and no one gets proof of life on her for another 18 months.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, with a sprawling purview encompassing nine Western states, has long been a thorn in the side of the Trump White House, with rulings against the travel ban and limits on funding to so-called "sanctuary cities."

Trump WHite House? They've been a thorn in the side of the Republic! (long before Trump)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis