Author Topic: Border agents report record fentanyl haul hidden in truckload of Mexican produce  (Read 556 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Border agents report record fentanyl haul hidden in truckload of Mexican produce
Associated Press
Border agents report record fentanyl haul hidden in truckload of Mexican produce

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials announced Thursday their biggest fentanyl bust ever, saying they captured nearly 254 pounds of the deadly synthetic opioid from a secret compartment inside a load of Mexican produce during an inspection of a truck heading into Arizona.

The drug was found hidden Saturday morning in a compartment under the floor of a tractor-trailer after a scan during secondary inspection indicated "some anomalies" in the load, and the agency's police dog team alerted officers to the presence of drugs, the Nogales CBP port director, Michael Humphries, said.

Most of the seized fentanyl, with an estimated street value of about $3.5 million, was in white powder form and about 2 pounds was in pills. Agents also seized nearly 395 pounds of methamphetamine with a street value of $1.18 million, Humphries said.

Read more at: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-fentanyl-bust-20190131-story.html

A dose of this could kill conceivably, 50,000,000 people. This was on Fox earlier. I think Fox was talking about it originally coming from China. One would have to double check it.  I think the guest was some politician.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, it was a very big bust. Very dangerous. On fox earlier, they seemed to intone it came from China originally or at least, the chemicals did.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yes, it was a very big bust. Very dangerous. On fox earlier, they seemed to intone it came from China originally or at least, the chemicals did.

That is a lot of fentanyl. A show we were watching has this guy adding it to heroin. He said he was guessing, but if it was killing people, it would be quick sell. People want the biggest bang for their buck.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Chiner, no doubt.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Doesn't matter the source of the chemicals. Trying to smuggle it in does.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A Produce truck?

No wonder so many libs are vegan-ish.

Or is that the other way around?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis