Author Topic: House approves pay raise for federal workers  (Read 479 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House approves pay raise for federal workers
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:53:45 pm »
House approves pay raise for federal workers
By Juliegrace Brufke - 01/30/19 02:32 PM EST

The House passed legislation to provide a pay increase for federal government workers on Wednesday, less than a week after the end of the partial government shutdown.

Twenty-nine Republicans joined Democrats in supporting the measure, which cleared 259-161.

The Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act, introduced by Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.), would provide a 2.6 percent pay raise, matching what was approved for the military earlier this year.

Its passage comes in the wake of the longest government shutdown in history, in which roughly 800,000 government employees were furloughed or working without pay.

“After five weeks of an unnecessary, costly, and painful shutdown, the American people have been reminded how critical the work our federal employees perform is to our national security and economic security,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said on the floor.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/427694-house-approves-pay-raise-for-federal-workers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: House approves pay raise for federal workers
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 05:24:24 am »
So, the totally irresponsible House votes a pay increase while we have a $1.5 trillion deficit each year.  Insane is just not a strong enough word.  Everyone voting for this increase should be voted out.  At some point, these bums have to be held accountable for their reckless actions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: House approves pay raise for federal workers
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:23:02 am »
I'm working for half what i made 5 years ago. Maybe they should index their pay to that.

No Nancy, I didn't feel that pain you talk of when the government was shut down.

Maybe I missed something.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis