Author Topic: Stacey Abrams to deliver Democratic response to State of the Union  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/stacey-abrams-to-deliver-democratic-response-to-state-of-the-union

Stacey Abrams, the Democrat who lost the Georgia governor's race to Republican Brian Kemp, will deliver the Democratic response to the State of the Union next Tuesday.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer confirmed to reporters that he called Abrams to deliver the address three weeks ago and said she was a "great spokesperson" for the Democratic Party.

"Yes, three weeks ago, I called Stacey Abrams and asked her to deliver the response to the State of the Union. I was very delighted when she agreed, and she is just a great spokesperson. She's an incredible leader. She led the charge for voting rights, which is at the root of just about everything else."

"If you look at her background, she knows what working people, middle-class people go through," Schumer said. "So yes, I'm very excited that she's agreed to be the respondent to the president and the State of the Union."

Offline dfwgator

Re: Stacey Abrams to deliver Democratic response to State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:16:15 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:47:52 pm »

I'll say. The Rats picked the most angry radicalized stumbling idiot for this speech. It's going to be a straight up disaster.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:52:35 pm »
I'll say. The Rats picked the most angry radicalized stumbling idiot for this speech. It's going to be a straight up disaster.

Interesting that they'd pick a black person.  Obviously they still need the black vote to win and Trump has made record with the lowest black unemployment in history.   The only other person they could have picked more disastrous would be Auntie Maxine! :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 08:54:56 pm »
Interesting that they'd pick a black person.  Obviously they still need the black vote to win and Trump has made record with the lowest black unemployment in history.   The only other person they could have picked more disastrous would be Auntie Maxine! :patriot:

This pick tells me that the Rats are throwing the Moderate Rats and Never Trumps overboard and going full tilt to excite the radical Left for the 2020 election. It's a losing move.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 08:55:08 pm »

Maybe the GOP isn't the only "stupid" party.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 08:56:48 pm »
 :2popcorn:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 08:58:10 pm »
This pick tells me that the Rats are throwing the Moderate Rats and Never Trumps overboard and going full tilt to excite the radical Left for the 2020 election. It's a losing move.

I think they really want Trump to be re-elected,  Trump's trying to give it away, but the Rats keep letting him off the hook.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 09:02:27 pm »
This blubber-butt leftist should be arrested for her back taxes as soon as the cameras pan back enough to get her entire huge frame on the screen.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 10:49:51 pm »
Has she conceded the Georgia governor race yet?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 11:09:48 pm »
So the rats tabbed "Selena Montgomery" to give the rebuttal.  Nice.  Maybe she will read to us from one of her smut novels she writes:

The Art of Desire
Power of Persuasion
Never Tell
Hidden Sins
Secrets and Lies
Reckless
Deception 

http://www.selenamontgomery.com/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 01:39:50 am »
Stacey Abrams....really?!  She was defeated by someone openly supported by Donald Trump.  Have they lost all their gray matter?

80% of America will turn her off.  She is a leftist hack, and to call her a bimbo would be too kind.  Slug is more fitting.

Her speech should raise Trump's favorability by a few points.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 02:04:02 am »
The President gives a 15 minute speech to the nation and they send the very top of the A Team to give the response.

The President will give a 60+ minute speech with all the trappings of his political position and they send a member of the F Team to give the response.

Why would the A Team want to distance themselves from the SOTU?   :pondering:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:04:34 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 02:06:38 am »
   Maybe the dems are worried that Trump is making inroads on the black vote.

I hope she leaves her chapstick at home.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 03:11:58 am »
This blubber-butt leftist should be arrested for her back taxes as soon as the cameras pan back enough to get her entire huge frame on the screen.

Could someone please tell me why she isn't in jail if she owes $50,000 in taxes?  And since she isn't Governor what business is it of hers to do this?  They can have just anyone do it? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 03:25:00 am »
The radical left poured 10s of millions into her campaign, only to lose.  They see her as the future of the Democommie Party, a party that has no future.  The American people are not going to embrace these wingnuts.  Not happening.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Sanders or Harris as the Democommie candidate in 2020, but it will be HR Clinton, and she will generally fall center, and not extreme left to attract the independent voter.  With a weak economy, she is a real threat to Trump.  The rest would go down in major flames.  With a strong economy, no one has a chance against Trump.

The FED will do their best to slow the economy.  Heck, Trump appointed a Bushie as chairman of the FED, and he wonders why they are doing what they are doing.  Jeez!...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 03:12:32 pm »
In the fight for leader of the demcoms, she has a huge advantage over AOC and Robert Francis. She'll crush them, literally and figuratively.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 03:14:32 pm »

Agreed.   Trump has managed to jump-start the Dems' radicalization by 20 years.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 03:15:11 pm »
Maybe the GOP isn't the only "stupid" party.

Let's just call them Dumb and Dumber, though I don't know who's Dumber...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 03:32:04 pm »
Could someone please tell me why she isn't in jail if she owes $50,000 in taxes?  And since she isn't Governor what business is it of hers to do this?  They can have just anyone do it?

From Snopes:

Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams owes more than $50,000 in back taxes to the Internal Revenue Service.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stacey-abrams-back-taxes/

Of course, Snopes added in caveats to "explain" the true rating, something they would never do when it comes to a conservative.

It must have really pained them to issue the rating of "true". Trump will no doubt tweet about Ms. Abrams' delinquent taxes.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »
She she's really going to do it?  I thought this was one of @Amb. Frank Cannon's satire posts....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 03:54:20 pm »
In the fight for leader of the demcoms, she has a huge advantage over AOC and Robert Francis. She'll crush them, literally and figuratively.
It was a sad day when she lost her little dog.............but it's all behind her now :tongue2: