Author Topic: Democrats counter Trump: How about a 'pedestrian fence'?  (Read 433 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats counter Trump: How about a 'pedestrian fence'?
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:59:23 pm »
Democrats counter Trump: How about a 'pedestrian fence'?
by Susan Ferrechio
 | January 29, 2019 12:00 AM

Democrats who oppose President Trump's border wall say they might be able to agree to spend $1.6 billion on new fencing along a pedestrian walkway in the Rio Grande Valley.

“I’d be willing to listen and see what those senators have to say,” said Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, about the idea of the fence. He is one of nine Democrats appointed to a committee tasked with coming up with a border security deal by Feb. 15.

Cuellar added, “I’ve been very clear that I don’t like the wall.”

Trump wants a wall, but there may be a legislative vehicle in Congress for a compromise that involves a fence.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/democrats-counter-trump-how-about-a-pedestrian-fence
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Democrats counter Trump: How about a 'pedestrian fence'?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 03:05:29 pm »
$1.6B???  They need to fork over the $5B that the President wants and let him put in whatever type of fence is recommended by border patrol.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:27:45 pm »
$1.6B???  They need to fork over the $5B that the President wants and let him put in whatever type of fence is recommended by border patrol.

Not even.  Full border funding.  They allowed a shutdown that cost half that.  It is obvious these people are playing childish games with the security of our nation.  I read yesterday that the Border Patrol wives, fiancée's,...extended an invitation to Nancy Pelosi to come to the border for a visit.  They are none too happy with her.  And apparently neither are the citizens as her ratings tanked.

This is childish games of taunt.  Declare the emergency now and build the wall.     
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 12:44:39 am »
Not even.  Full border funding.  They allowed a shutdown that cost half that.  It is obvious these people are playing childish games with the security of our nation.  I read yesterday that the Border Patrol wives, fiancée's,...extended an invitation to Nancy Pelosi to come to the border for a visit.  They are none too happy with her.  And apparently neither are the citizens as her ratings tanked.

This is childish games of taunt.  Declare the emergency now and build the wall.   

Yes it is ridiculous and the longer Trump waits to declare a national emergency it seems that they are calling his bluff.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 01:27:08 am »
Yes it is ridiculous and the longer Trump waits to declare a national emergency it seems that they are calling his bluff.

They are taunting him.  I think he will wait the three weeks so he can say it was the Democrats that did not come to the table.  Its obvious that they won't.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.