Author Topic: Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez  (Read 504 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:53:26 pm »
Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez
By Scott Wong - 01/29/19 06:00 AM EST

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has infuriated colleagues by aligning with a progressive outside group that’s threatening to primary entrenched Democrats. Now some of those lawmakers are turning the tables on her and are discussing recruiting a primary challenger to run against the social media sensation.

At least one House Democrat has been privately urging members of the New York delegation to recruit a local politician from the Bronx or Queens to challenge Ocasio-Cortez.

“What I have recommended to the New York delegation is that you find her a primary opponent and make her a one-term congressperson,” the Democratic lawmaker, who requested anonymity, told The Hill. “You’ve got numerous council people and state legislators who’ve been waiting 20 years for that seat. I’m sure they can find numerous people who want that seat in that district.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/427364-some-dems-float-idea-of-primary-challenge-for-ocasio-cortez
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:55:31 pm »
In that district, it could work but you would just replace her with somebody else with the same crazy ideas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:04:08 am »
The occasional-communist is gonna run for the first NY Senate seat that comes up for election.

Will that be Gillebrand... or, the Schmuck...?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 02:09:14 am »
Isn't she challenged enough for these people???
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:19:06 am »
New Yorkers are dumb enough to keep her around for decades.  She isn't going anywhere.

Plus, she is one of the best people working for the GOP.  Her voice will send voters away from the Democommie Party.  Just can't buy that kind of PR.