Author Topic: Bloomberg: ‘No way an independent can win’ in 2020  (Read 866 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bloomberg: ‘No way an independent can win’ in 2020
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:10:35 pm »
Bloomberg: ‘No way an independent can win’ in 2020
By Lisa Hagen - 01/28/19 01:19 PM EST

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who’s considering a presidential bid in 2020, said that there’s “no way” an independent candidate can defeat President Trump.

Bloomberg, a former independent who recently re-registered as a Democrat, said in a Monday statement that it was “no secret” he’d been exploring an independent run. But he argued that the data backs up that it’d be very difficult for an independent to win and ultimately help Trump get reelected.

“Given the strong pull of partisanship and the realities of the electoral college system, there is no way an independent can win. That is truer today than ever before,” Bloomberg said in a Monday statement.

“In 2020, the great likelihood is that an independent would just split the anti-Trump vote and end up re-electing the President. That's a risk I refused to run in 2016 and we can't afford to run it now.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427273-bloomberg-no-way-an-independent-can-win-in-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Bloomberg: ‘No way an independent can win’ in 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:01 pm »
I bet he thought that there would be no way Trump would win either.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 07:46:12 pm »
After seeing how much McMullin, with virtually no money and an outright lousy campaign, was able to pull in Utah, I'm convinced there is a third-party path. You won't be able to compete nationwide, but it would have to be targeted at specific states overlooked by the major parties as "safe."

With 22 billion dollars, Bloomberg could pull something like that off... but the problem is, nobody really likes him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:51:33 pm »
After seeing how much McMullin, with virtually no money and an outright lousy campaign, was able to pull in Utah, I'm convinced there is a third-party path. You won't be able to compete nationwide, but it would have to be targeted at specific states overlooked by the major parties as "safe."

With 22 billion dollars, Bloomberg could pull something like that off... but the problem is, nobody really likes him.

I've mentioned it before.  If there were a mass exodus of conservatives to the Constitution Party, I'd think they'd have a chance.  Unfortunately, I received an e-mail from some within that party that wants to reform the Constitution Party so that it is more acceptable to the average Joe Voter.  I gave them my two cents.  They would only be repeating the mistakes of the GOP who moved left in order to appease more voters.  How's that working out for them?
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 08:04:31 pm »
I like the idea of an Independent Party run. I want as many Parties as possible running. The people who support Trump will not defect. However, the Left is not really married to any candidate.

There will be 50+ people competing for the Democrat nomination. This is great because it will cause massive division and chaos on the Left. Add to that multiple Leftist Parties trying to grab a piece of the pie, and Trump will win again, if he decides to run.

With so much screaming, treachery, sabotage, and treason, coming from the Left over Trump's win, it is very possible that he may decide that it would be better for him to step down rather than have the Left continue their blatant destruction of the economy, the American Judicial System, and the United States in general just to get at him.

We shall see.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:17:07 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 11:47:06 pm »
Michael, don't you go discouraging Howie from his run as an independent.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 09:08:36 am »

I wouldn't want thee man who has campaigned against and funded campaigns against the RKBA as POTUS. Bloomberg is about as rabidly anti-gun as they come.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis