Author Topic: Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?' Mulvaney: Trump 'Willing to Do Whatever I  (Read 10249 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?' Mulvaney: Trump 'Willing to Do Whatever It Takes'
By Susan Jones | January 28, 2019 | 5:56 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump is signaling that he won't give up on his long-promised wall, which a Republican-controlled Congress failed to deliver -- and a Democrat-controlled House now vows to block.

On Sunday, Trump tweeted: "After all that I have done for the Military, our great Veterans, Judges (99), Justices (2), Tax & Regulation Cuts, the Economy, Energy, Trade & MUCH MORE, does anybody really think I won’t build the WALL? Done more in first two years than any President! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

President Trump has indicated that he might declare a national emergency if Congress doesn't give him money for his wall in the next three weeks.

more
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-does-anybody-really-think-i-wont-build-wall-mulvaney-trump-willing-do
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I suppose they think Mexico wont pay for it too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now, I'm not sure if there are the means to do it. Unless, the government is shutdown again in 3 weeks.

Offline libertybele

I give him credit for what he has accomplished.  We all know that the number one thing that he campaigned on was building a wall. IF he doesn't accomplish that he's sunk. Did he really think calling in the cameras was going to change Nancy or Chuckie's  mind?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump: 'Does Anybody Really Think I Won’t Build the WALL?'

Yes, plenty of people.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:35:05 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Polly Ticks

I was thinking he would get it built, until he caved on the shutdown.  Now, I'm not sure whether it will get built or not, but I am sure that it will be a harder task if he does manage it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online kevindavis007

I guess the main question is: Is he going to make Mexico pay for it? Like he promised?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

I guess the main question is: Is he going to make Mexico pay for it? Like he promised?

I've lost count of how many times you've posted this same line over and over again.  We got it the first time.  *****rollingeyes*****

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I was thinking he would get it built, until he caved on the shutdown.  Now, I'm not sure whether it will get built or not, but I am sure that it will be a harder task if he does manage it.

Yes, agreed.

Offline Applewood

Trump had his chance for 2 years.  He and his party screwed around and did nothing.  Now that the Dems are in control of the House, it won't be done. 

And as for all his supposed accomplishments since he's been in office -- maybe he should ask those veterans, military, taxpayers and companies adversely affected by his trade tiffs whether they appreciate all he's done for them.    Somehow I doubt they re all that appreciative.

Offline Applewood

I've lost count of how many times you've posted this same line over and over again.  We got it the first time.  *****rollingeyes*****

It's a promise Trump made and his voters should expect him to keep his promises.  But I notice now that Trump and his fans have completely forgotten about that promise -- as they have with Obamacare repeal, real tax reform and all the other campaign promises he made.  Typical.  Tout his supposed achievements and gloss over or ignore his failures.

Offline BlueHammer

the timing of Trump escalating his noise after the election is interesting......the shutdown started before Dems took the house so did he think he was going to hang this on their neck? I'm wondering which part of all this did not work out to his expectation, the 5.7B notwithstanding......he wasn't going to get the wall even if the dems didn't take the house because he would of never gotten the votes in the senate.

his mistake was to just keep calling it a wall when he should have called it border security and then gone and built a wall........he's an idiot

I give him credit for what he has accomplished. 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/968850364383596545

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

45 year low on illegal border crossings this year. Ice and Border Patrol Agents are doing a great job for our Country. MS-13 thugs being hit hard.
6:08 AM - 28 Feb 2018

Mission Accomplished.  Emergency over last year.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1075732375169060869?lang=en

of course this was back when he had a GOP House and Senate.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:25:29 pm by Once-Ler »

Online kevindavis007

So it is OK for him to break a campaign promise?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

You mean like "lock her up," "drain the swamp," "reduce the deficit," "defund planned parenthood," and "make America great?"

Yes.  Trumpsters expect it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

If we stop fentanyl and organized crime, that does pay for itself. Well said. Along with the new North American agreement.

Offline Mesaclone

Mexico already has paid for it....money from the rewrite of NAFTA has MORE than covered the Wall costs. The only issue now is getting congress to do its part to allocate a small portion of that Mexican money, freshly in our coffers thanks to Trump’s imposition of the new NAFTA, to the Wall.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:31:21 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline BlueHammer

Mexico already has paid for it....money from the rewrite of NAFTA has MORE than covered the Wall costs. The only issue now is getting congress to do its part to allocate a small portion of that Mexican money, freshly in our coffers thanks to Trump’s imposition of the new NAFTA, to the Wall.

This is false logic .... beyond that, it is entirely untrue
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 10:34:30 pm by BlueHammer »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

The new agreement has not been through the senate, yet. Therefore, the existing agreement is still in place and no new money has been collected from any trade activity associated with USMCA.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

No.  I definitely never said that.  I didn't vote for him.  I didn't believe much of what he spewed.  We know that he broke his campaign promises. Bammycare was never repealed, amnesty was offered, and Mexico isn't going to pay for the wall.   So ... where do we go from here?

He still needs to be given credit for what he has done. What he has done is reduced unemployment and brought jobs back among other things such as restrengthening our ties with our allies like Israel.  He has placed two seemingly conservative justices to SCOTUS.  He has brought about some patriotism to the presidency that has been lacking for the past 8 years.  He has exposed the MSM for their lies and deceit as well as the corruption of the left.

Too bad voters didn't hold their elected officials in Congress responsible long ago.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:05:05 pm by libertybele »

Online kevindavis007

The new agreement hasn't gone through Congress yet.

Offline bilo

I appreciate the effort to show how Mexico is paying for the wall indirectly. I really don't care if Mexico pays for the wall. Trump supporters don't care who pays as long as it gets built.

It's obvious that establishment Pubs are never going to like Trump. It's also obvious that as long as establishment Pubs have any authority in the party the party will continue to decline.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline BlueHammer

I appreciate the effort to show how Mexico is paying for the wall indirectly. I really don't care if Mexico pays for the wall. Trump supporters don't care who pays as long as it gets built.

It's obvious that establishment Pubs are never going to like Trump. It's also obvious that as long as establishment Pubs have any authority in the party the party will continue to decline.

So you think Trump is good for the GOP?

Offline bilo

So you think Trump is good for the GOP?

No doubt about it.

Trump is the first time in more than a generation that the Pub party actually had a leader who cared more about the USA than himself or the "good" of the party, or the concerns of the chamber of commerce. The shame of it is instead of getting behind him and helping him (he's obviously not the most nuanced politician) most only thought about themselves and their personal empowerment. The end result was the loss of the House and probably the loss of the Senate in 2020. Eventually the establishment Pubs will be marginalized and a more conservative party will emerge. The issue will be whether they will be able to gain a majority, because the demographics of the country and the culture are changing so quickly.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Mesaclone

The new agreement has not been through the senate, yet. Therefore, the existing agreement is still in place and no new money has been collected from any trade activity associated with USMCA.

Last year's deficit with Mexico under the old NAFTA was 71 billion. There is no reasonable assessment of the new NAFTA that doesn't save the U.S. 10's of billions...ensuring 75% of all auto parts are made here will, by itself save multiple billions. The only part you are correct about is that its not yet in place despite the signing of the agreement...though there is little doubt it will be approved by congress.

So yes, the new NAFTA pays for the wall and then some. And yes, this means Mexico pays for the wall.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain