Author Topic: Half of Germany’s potential army recruits unfit, lack motivation or have no citizenship – reports  (Read 739 times)

rangerrebew

Half of Germany’s potential army recruits unfit, lack motivation or have no citizenship – reports
Published time: 27 Jan, 2019 16:21 Edited time: 28 Jan, 2019 07:49

German recruits take an oath © REUTERS / Thomas Peter

German military is plagued by various blunders these days, and there is one more – it emerged that only half of potential recruits are suitable for service, Bild revealed. Others are reportedly unfit or have no German passport.

Bad news about the imperfect state of the Bundeswehr are coming regularly, but this one seems to be even worse, according to Bild am Sonntag tabloid. Citing internal army papers, outlet writes that only half of the 760,000-strong pool of potential recruits is eligible to serve.

The rest of young candidates have no German citizenship, fail to meet minimum fitness standards or reject the idea of military service at all. Meanwhile, the army themselves refused to acknowledge the problem, telling Bild: “We are on the right path.”

The reality, however, looks murky as around 25,000 army jobs are up for grabs due to the lack of available personnel. In addition, every fifth civilian position in the Bundeswehr remains vacant.

https://www.rt.com/news/449919-german-army-recruits-shortage/

Offline dfwgator

Shame this wasn't the case in 1939.

rangerrebew

I'm sure their large "immigrant" population will step up and fill the void. :3:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:49:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

I'm sure they're large "immigrant" population will step up and fill the void. :3:

Hitler wanted Germany to be Muslim,  to him it was a better religion for soldiers.

Offline Frank Cannon

Half of Germany’s potential army recruits unfit, lack motivation or have no citizenship

This sounds like good news to me.....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Looks like only the Muzzies will be marching along Avenue des Champs Elysees in the shade.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"ein Volk eine Nation"

nicht mehr, nicht länger...