Author Topic: Trump mused about "military option" in Venezuela with Graham  (Read 215 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump mused about "military option" in Venezuela with Graham
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:46:19 pm »
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told me that as recently as a couple of weeks ago Trump mused to him about the possibility of using military force in Venezuela, where the U.S. government is currently pushing for regime change using diplomatic and economic pressures.
What happened: Graham, recalling his conversation with Trump, said: "He [Trump] said, 'What do you think about using military force?' and I said, 'Well, you need to go slow on that, that could be problematic.' And he said, 'Well, I'm surprised, you want to invade everybody.'"

Show less
Graham laughed. "And I said, 'I don't want to invade everybody, I only want to use the military when our national security interests are threatened.'"
"Trump's really hawkish" on Venezuela, the hawkish Graham added in a phone interview on Sunday afternoon, adding that Trump was even more hawkish than he was on Venezuela.....

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-foreign-policy-venezuela-lindsey-graham-89c8c3ff-c9f2-4924-9162-b10acd7e0185.html