Author Topic: Can the Republic Survive the Mainstream Media?  (Read 16753 times)

Online corbe

Re: Can the Republic Survive the Mainstream Media?
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2019, 04:26:56 am »
   Have you ever been to Texas @Amb. Frank Cannon ?  If not, I see your point cause I've never been to Pennsylvania but I think it probably suxs cause they allow you to live there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2019, 04:48:03 am »
   Have you ever been to Texas @Amb. Frank Cannon ?  If not, I see your point cause I've never been to Pennsylvania but I think it probably suxs cause they allow you to live there.

I have been to Texas. Weatherford and Fort Worthless. Besides Weatherford being a dry county, which I found amusing since everyone was wandering around like bad asses in 10 gallon hats but were governed like they lived in a Swiss boarding school, I also found too many Mexicans. Too much Mexican food and everything was so flat I don't remember ever having to push the gas pedal after the initial launch from a stop light. Snoozeville USA. That's why when I have a hankerin' for people with funny accents I head to the Outer Banks. At least they sell booze and have a beach.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2019, 02:45:04 pm »
I have been to Texas. Weatherford and Fort Worthless. Besides Weatherford being a dry county, which I found amusing since everyone was wandering around like bad asses in 10 gallon hats but were governed like they lived in a Swiss boarding school, I also found too many Mexicans. Too much Mexican food and everything was so flat I don't remember ever having to push the gas pedal after the initial launch from a stop light. Snoozeville USA. That's why when I have a hankerin' for people with funny accents I head to the Outer Banks. At least they sell booze and have a beach.

Too much Mexican food?  What the hell are you babbling about?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2019, 02:56:57 pm »
Too much Mexican food?  What the hell are you babbling about?

IKR? How can there be too much Mexican food?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2019, 03:30:22 pm »
:shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2019, 03:53:33 pm »

when you're low on toilet paper

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2019, 03:57:53 pm »

There's always rabbits...  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »
There's always rabbits...  :shrug:
So that's where those wild hairs (hares) come from!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2019, 04:02:09 pm »

Weak stomach, huh?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2019, 04:07:48 pm »
So that's where those wild hairs (hares) come from!

LOL!

I got nothin... Except that the process is far easier with rabbits than with griz.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2019, 04:09:18 pm »
LOL!

I got nothin... Except that the process is far easier with rabbits than with griz.
If you're that close to a griz, and it ain't dead, chances are you're just compounding the original problem, anyway. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2019, 04:18:10 pm »
If you're that close to a griz, and it ain't dead, chances are you're just compounding the original problem, anyway. :shrug:

ROTFLMAO!!!
That's right.
 :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2019, 04:34:50 pm »
Weak stomach, huh?

One can get ulcers from all those Hot Pockets....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2019, 04:52:47 pm »
I seriously doubt anyone from Massiitusits has ever once tasted anything resembling good Mexican food!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2019, 06:59:31 pm »
If you loved Whetherford you would have died for Minneral Wells.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2019, 07:42:42 pm »

...or Big Spring.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
I seriously doubt anyone from Massiitusits has ever once tasted anything resembling good Mexican food!

every brain has it's limitations

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2019, 08:34:08 pm »
every brain has it's limitations

You taste with your brain? 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:17 pm »
You taste with your brain?

Well, he clearly doesn't use it for anything else........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2019, 09:27:58 pm »
I always get a chuckle out of liberals who whine about the right leaning tilt at FOX News. I’ve told them you got just about every other news, both print and TV, that tilts their way to say nothing about Academia and Hollywood and their world collapses over the one that tilts opposite of them?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2019, 09:41:07 pm »
Well, he clearly doesn't use it for anything else........

***guitar man****
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2019, 04:56:40 am »
I always get a chuckle out of liberals who whine about the right leaning tilt at FOX News. I’ve told them you got just about every other news, both print and TV, that tilts their way to say nothing about Academia and Hollywood and their world collapses over the one that tilts opposite of them?
Me, too.I see FOX as in the middle. Not Right Leaning, it's just that there is so little else that it seems that way.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2019, 07:23:36 pm »
I'm a generally happy person, too.  I worked a full life, doing what I really liked to do, and now I'm retired. 

Why do leftists think we're all miserable?  What kind of wild fantasies do they have about us on the right?  And, the constant lecturing, giving us all that goodness they carry/spew from on high.  We should all be proud to be lectured by the likes of @BlueHammer.

Don't forget the offer to help.
Help with what?
I think the left believes that if we were more intelligent, like they seem to think they are, we would agree with them.
That's why we need their help with our miserable, meaningless, lives.
We just aren't smart enough to know we are idiots, and that we should be unhappy.
We should be unhappy, because if we knew what they did, we'd be angry, just like they are.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2019, 07:29:53 pm »

LOL, Wichita Falls...

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2019, 07:31:53 pm »
Don't forget the offer to help.
Help with what?
I think the left believes that if we were more intelligent, like they seem to think they are, we would agree with them.
That's why we need their help with our miserable, meaningless, lives.
We just aren't smart enough to know we are idiots, and that we should be unhappy.
We should be unhappy, because if we knew what they did, we'd be angry, just like they are.

He never had any intention of Helping anyone.

He was here to see How many people and to what degree (further the better) he could provoke them into being furious with him.

In his world, success is measured upon such markers.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com