Author Topic: Can the Republic Survive the Mainstream Media?  (Read 16796 times)

Offline QueenCatofAragon

Re: Can the Republic Survive the Mainstream Media?
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2019, 07:08:04 pm »
practical experience....seen it with my own eyes

@BlueHammer

Yet

You posted this earlier:  "I don't care about liberals, but they are the more reasonable ones these days......by a pretty wide margin"

See what I mean by weak troll game?  Consistency is key.  Can't get tripped up so easily, lol.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2019, 08:01:17 pm »
Isn't it amazing that when a disruptor shows up, folks' "antennas" immediately focus upon him/her?

And... the disruptor "becomes the subject" of whatever thread he/she is in?

I don't play that game.

Same way I regard the democrat-communists:
IGNORE 'em !!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2019, 08:15:37 pm »
practical experience....seen it with my own eyes

Then it's obvious AF you don't know the first thing about conservatives, because you don't know any.  Sonny, you are in the wrong place, unless you are here to troll, and if that's the case, let me be the first to wave "farewell" because you aren't going to last here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2019, 08:25:58 pm »
@BlueHammer

Lmao, well, how cute is this.  Somebody thinking he's gonna be all edgy by posting on a conservative forum.  Going to shock us and shake us up, huh?

What are you, one of those fossils from Democratic Underground?  Does that place still even exist?

You're going to have to up that troll game.  It's weak.

don't know......never been there......

I was a registered republican until the tea party showed up......realized I was running with a flock of dinosaurs

I'm actually a moderate .... which looks like a communist to you all here.

Offline BlueHammer

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2019, 08:27:24 pm »
@BlueHammer

Yet

You posted this earlier:  "I don't care about liberals, but they are the more reasonable ones these days......by a pretty wide margin"

See what I mean by weak troll game?  Consistency is key.  Can't get tripped up so easily, lol.

not at all......there is a massive difference between a true conservative and a *bleep*
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:44:49 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2019, 10:15:21 pm »
that's exactly what people who portray the dunning-kruger will try to convince others of

"portray the dunning-kruger"?  What an odd way to use that concept.  Almost like you are lacking in self-awareness.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:17:04 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2019, 10:36:46 pm »
that's exactly what people who portray the dunning-kruger will try to convince others of
Thank you for your shining example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. If you will please submit a photograph, we'll have it put next to it in the dictionary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »
not at all......there is a massive difference between a true conservative and a *bleep*
\
We prefer Trumpaloo'sâ„¢ or Trumpaloompasâ„¢
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 10:45:08 pm by Mod5 »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:16 pm »
Isn't it amazing that when a disruptor shows up, folks' "antennas" immediately focus upon him/her?

I don't play that game.

IGNORE 'em !!
Makes you wonder which network it works for. Obviously, there are ideas here it does not want pursued.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2019, 10:50:42 pm »
I'm a generally happy person, too.  I worked a full life, doing what I really liked to do, and now I'm retired. 

Why do leftists think we're all miserable?  What kind of wild fantasies do they have about us on the right?  And, the constant lecturing, giving us all that goodness they carry/spew from on high.  We should all be proud to be lectured by the likes of @BlueHammer.
I know this is an older post, but remember Leftists are the ones who see society's rules not as keeping society liveable, but as standing in the way of what they want to do.
I found it amusing that the same one who accused me of wanting to keep women "barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen..." (how booringly cliche') also accused me of making 'sweeping generalizations'.
You see, the biggest problem leftists have is that they believe their own bullsh*t. When the world doesn't match their expectations based on that BS, they are unhappy. In keeping with the philosophy of 'if they can't have it,no one will' they seek to make others (their) equal--equally miserable--because their concept of equality almost always includes stripping things to the lowest common denominator.
This is why we can't have nice things.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2019, 10:57:03 pm »
   The @BlueHammer presence here certainly begs the question:  Why is TBR being discussed on a NE Patriots Board?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2019, 11:01:36 pm »
   The @BlueHammer presence here certainly begs the question:  Why is TBR being discussed on a NE Patriots Board?
Excellent question. I didn't think we had that much to do with football. Don't even watch it myself.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2019, 11:22:48 pm »
@BlueHammer

Hoe 'bout it hammer-boy?  What inspired you to come and slum it here?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2019, 11:26:44 pm »

@BlueHammer Would you please try to bleep capitalize all your sentences?

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2019, 11:28:27 pm »

WTF do you think may have mentioned it?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2019, 11:53:06 pm »
Excellent question. I didn't think we had that much to do with football. Don't even watch it myself.

Oh Goodness!

Don't tell me the online fans are all taking a knee too now?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2019, 12:01:39 am »

I don't play that game.

IGNORE 'em !!

@Fishrrman

You're missing out on fun.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2019, 12:03:12 am »

I was a registered republican until the tea party showed up......realized I was running with a flock of dinosaurs

@BlueHammer

So you have some anger issues you're working out?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2019, 12:08:59 am »

No.

You are a half-witted troll among intellectual giants.

Give it up, boy.  The harder you try, the dumber you reveal yourself to be.

Random question................... do you have a snow day today, or are you skipping class to be here? 

And is your Mommy aware of what you are doing?

@BlueHammer
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 12:10:21 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2019, 12:11:37 am »
@BlueHammer

So you have some anger issues you're working out?

Yes.

He's angry with people who can actually think.

And capital letters.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2019, 12:11:58 am »
No.

You are a half-witted troll among intellectual giants.

Give it up, boy.  The harder you try, the dumber you reveal yourself to be.

Random question................... do you have a snow day today, or are you skipping class to be here? 

And is your Mommy aware of what you are doing?

@BlueHammer

Whoop! There it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2019, 12:12:17 am »
:happyhappy:

Pwnd.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2019, 12:17:55 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2019, 12:18:54 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2019, 12:19:46 am »
Oh Goodness!

Don't tell me the online fans are all taking a knee too now?
I can only speak for myself. I see a disconnect in people who can recite statistic after statistic about every player and playoff but consider politics too complicated and don't even know who their congressional representatives are.

Really, since the days of Fran Tarkenton, Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Sonny Jurgenson, and Super Bowls expressed in Roman numerals that only had a couple of characters, I haven't been so fascinated with the game. I have had other things to devote my energies and time to.

C S Lewis