Author Topic: Axios: Scoop: Trump mused about "military option" in Venezuela with Graham  (Read 424 times)

Online corbe

Scoop: Trump mused about "military option" in Venezuela with Graham

Jonathan Swan1 hour ago

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham told me that as recently as a couple of weeks ago Trump mused to him about the possibility of using military force in Venezuela, where the U.S. government is currently pushing for regime change using diplomatic and economic pressures.

What happened: Graham, recalling his conversation with Trump a couple weeks ago, said: "He [Trump] said, 'What do you think about using military force?' and I said, 'Well, you need to go slow on that, that could be problematic.' And he said, 'Well, I'm surprised, you want to invade everybody.'"

•Graham laughed. "And I said, 'I don't want to invade everybody, I only want to use the military when our national security interests are threatened.'"

"Trump's really hawkish" on Venezuela, the hawkish Graham added in a phone interview on Sunday afternoon, adding that Trump was even more hawkish than he was on Venezuela.

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-foreign-policy-venezuela-lindsey-graham-89c8c3ff-c9f2-4924-9162-b10acd7e0185.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump shouldn't be "musing" on this.

He should order the Pentagon to come up with a plan to invade Venezuela and overthrow the communist regime there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
July 2018: 

Trump Wasn’t Kidding About Wanting to Invade Venezuela
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/donald-trump-wasnt-kidding-about-wanting-to-invade-venezuela

This is a bit of the 2nd go-around for this story.